Dave Boddy - New CEO (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Why do we actually need another prick like that at Board level, Fisher does a bad enough job for all of them ! Waste of a wage and no doubt someone who SISU can trust to keep his gob shut ! Pointless

Is Fisher here every day? There needs to be some permanent management, unfortunately SISU's choice looks risky as hell.

Captain Dart

Why do we actually need another prick like that at Board level, Fisher does a bad enough job for all of them ! Waste of a wage and no doubt someone who SISU can trust to keep his gob shut ! Pointless
As far as I'm aware he is not a Director, maybe that will happen.

Nick

Administrator
Apparently he landed Booze buster as sponsor for Cov Bees! :emoji_grin:

He will be much like Venus going onto the board, he has a history and a lot of ground to make up so will have to go the extra mile(s).

Captain Dart

This bloke is an absolute c-unit.
He has a history of fucking up everything he touches, there's loads on him about.
Beware

He was Chairman for Worcester City who were so screwed up by Boddy that they play Coventry United next season in the Midland League premier division.

"Worcester were relegated from National League North (tier 6) at the end of the 2016-17 season, but they asked the FA to be further relegated to the Midland League (tier 9) citing rising costs while also focusing on trying to find land in Worcester for the club to move back to the city."

Terry Gibson's perm

what major commercial success have I missed in the last 8 weeks that merits this promotion from newly appointed commercial director to CEO?

None but they have obviously seen what a shit he is and thought that will piss the fans off

nmp2327

Just when I was starting to believe just maybe, 8 signings before July and then SISU go and make an appt with a guy whose record is as bad as theirs.FFS SISU just why can you not do the right thing, you are an absolute disgrace

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Been here several times before haven't we. Its a new face but he wont be making the strategic decisions for the club, he simply wont have the authority to do so.

Hope he does well on the immediate commercial side, I doubt he will be making many decisions for the team & manager (I sincerely hope not), certainly wont be signing off on the major finance issues or ground or academy

His history from what I have read is a concern, but isn't that situation normal in the boardroom of a lot of clubs nowadays

Just a title, with no real power, and the decision makers he will go up against are well aware of that

Covstu

This news disappointed me greatly given the volume of players coming into the club, I actually was thinking positively. This guy looks like an asset stripper or at least the public vehicle to achieve SISUs ends on that matter. If you were wasps or the council would you want to deal with this guy and who he now represents?

You can guarantee his first job is to move on the training ground

zuni

maybe the man in place to help sell us? wild guess tinged with hope that the scum are fucking off soon

CJ_covblaze

This appointment is very worrying. Spoke to a Worcester shareholder (Boddy is still one too) a couple of months back who couldn't believe a club of our stature would sink to the level of having him involved at all, let alone running it. Some of the tales from down there make Joy, Dermot and Tim look like Steve Gibson, Peter Coates and Roman Abramovic.

Nick

Administrator
This appointment is very worrying. Spoke to a Worcester shareholder (Boddy is still one too) a couple of months back who couldn't believe a club of our stature would sink to the level of having him involved at all, let alone running it. Some of the tales from down there make Joy, Dermot and Tim look like Steve Gibson, Peter Coates and Roman Abramovic.

Dunno what you're on about, they are ;)

Skyblueweeman

Well, this is a positive step forward by the club.

Fuck. Me.

Just when things were starting to look a bit brighter...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

Look on the bright side. If we fall away after Xmas or have a bad start we can all blame Robins giving the likes of Boddy, Fisher and Joy a free let off.

CJ_covblaze

Dunno what you're on about, they are ;)

Come on, we all know your secret. You're actually all three of those people.

Hobo

Sky Blue Sam does Sky Blue Sam doesn't he?

Houdi

Went to the film showing last night at Coventry University re the year we spent in exile at Northampton. Film was only about 18 minutes in length,it was ok but a lot of the footage had been seen before on BBC/ITV and Sky Sports.
The 2 things that stood out from last night,was on a show of hands very few people there last night have renewed their season ticket,admittedly there was probably less than a 100 there.
Secondly something I certainly hadn't heard before that Fisher has apparently confirmed we are no longer looking for a new ground, as they can't find any land apparently. I suppose in theory that doesn't automatically rule out the 'Butts' option, but the 'prospect' of SISU buying land for a new ground is officially dead, not that many ever believed the fantasy from the start. The 'vibe' from the meeting was that a new rental agreement at the Ricoh is by no means certain, and we seem to be fast approaching crunch time.

Nick

Administrator
Went to the film showing last night at Coventry University re the year we spent in exile at Northampton. Film was only about 18 minutes in length,it was ok but a lot of the footage had been seen before on BBC/ITV and Sky Sports.
The 2 things that stood out from last night,was on a show of hands very few people there last night have renewed their season ticket,admittedly there was probably less than a 100 there.
Secondly something I certainly hadn't heard before that Fisher has apparently confirmed we are no longer looking for a new ground, as they can't find any land apparently. I suppose in theory that doesn't automatically rule out the 'Butts' option, but the 'prospect' of SISU buying land for a new ground is officially dead, not that many ever believed the fantasy from the start. The 'vibe' from the meeting was that a new rental agreement at the Ricoh is by no means certain, and we seem to be fast approaching crunch time.

Not sure why it's stood out, the Trust have done a show of hands about renewals the last few meetings haven't they?

better days

Hmmm, could this mean that the owners are in advanced talks with the consortium or another potential buyer?
It's gone very quiet on that subject after a constant flurry of media talk from the consortium up to around 3 or 4 weeks ago

Houdi

Not sure why it's stood out, the Trust have done a show of hands about renewals the last few meetings haven't they?
I've no idea, I didn't go to their meetings. Last night I believe was open for anyone to go,so I'm not sure who was Trust members,but all there were CCFC supporters and only about 3 showed they had renewed. Not scientific granted but reasonably reflects the season ticket holders I know.

Nick

Administrator
I've no idea, I didn't go to their meetings. Last night I believe was open for anyone to go,so I'm not sure who was Trust members,but all there were CCFC supporters and only about 3 showed they had renewed. Not scientific granted but reasonably reflects the season ticket holders I know.

You also need to take into consideration the event it was and the target audience and who has been promoting it ;)

Should do a hands raised at a home game and see who has a ST and you will get a different picture.

Users who are viewing this thread