David Boddy's Programme Notes (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

I spoke to DB at length after the 'Evening with Mark Robins' he speaks very well and doesn't cover dress any issues.

Maybe, but his prior track record scares me.

PS He could communicate better if he allowed the local rag into press conferences after all aren't SISU & CCFC different. :emoji_innocent:

Nick

Administrator
Correct - like most other fans. Who banned the CT? Not the CT themselves. Spoke to lots of fans on Saturday who said the same thing..."has he been on holiday since he joined?". Still, obviously those of us who don't follow the official channels are numptys who should just shut up, clearly we're ignoring the club for the sake of a moan, in no way should any reasonable fan expect the club to communicate very visibly through non official channels.

Still, early days and he results seems good so I will shut up moaning for now. I would like to see him on CWR or the Cov Tel every other day though, even if just as a quote - that's the sort of drum-banging, front and centre CEO we need, not someone who expects fans to follow the club's official channels.

As a reasonably interested fan who checks CCFC websites every day, he shouldn't be invisible to me

You said that you check the CCFC websites regularly every day but then say it's invisible?

Maybe then if he was on CWR you would try and deny it existing because you didn't tune in that day?

oucho

You said that you check the CCFC websites regularly every day but then say it's invisible?

Maybe then if he was on CWR you would try and deny it existing because you didn't tune in that day?
"Shut up Oucho, he's been really visible, it's just you and everyone else you speak to who are beong stupid and ignorant."

By definition, if me and others haven't heard a peep from him, he can't have been that visible, otherwise we would have done.

Nick

Administrator
"Shut up Oucho, he's been really visible, it's just you and everyone else you speak to who are beong stupid and ignorant."

By definition, if me and others haven't heard a peep from him, he can't have been that visible, otherwise we would have done.

It depends on selective blindless.

You said you checked CCFC websites every day, it's just been pointed out there have been multiple articles on them with one the last working day before your moan and a noticed improvement in other aspects so far.

Somebody even posted a few links. You are choosing to ignore them.

Last edited:

Hullinho87

I think, as someone pointed out earlier - putting Robins at the front and centre of all things, especially in and around match day is the main and right decision by Boddy and the club.
That'll do for me, common sense surely??

RoboCCFC90

Maybe, but his prior track record scares me.

PS He could communicate better if he allowed the local rag into press conferences after all aren't SISU & CCFC different. :emoji_innocent:

Coventry Telegraph have upset more than just SISU, they've also upset people who have/are employed by the Club, hence why they're not permitted.

Nick

Administrator
I think, as someone pointed out earlier - putting Robins at the front and centre of all things, especially in and around match day is the main and right decision by Boddy and the club.
That'll do for me, common sense surely??

Yeah, using him on material sent out to fans is much cleverer. I am sure people see it and take it in if it is from "Robins" but would ignore it and ridicule if the same was said by "Boddy".

Imagine Boddy sending out the letter about renewing season tickets that "Robins" did.

giphy.gif

skybluesam66

in the premiership days, most of the time I had no idea who was on the board, and also no interest
I was only interested in the product on the pitch

We have got off to a good start, and the focus has moved away from the boardroom to the pitch which is good
if things go bad on the pitch, people will refocus on the boardroom and owners

If we are not getting rid of sisu in the short term, the best thing is to forget about them and enjoy the football

SkyBlueScottie

Personally I haven't heard a peep out of him since his appointment, but then again I don't follow absolutely every bit of communication from the club. That's the point - I shouldn't have to. As a reasonably interested fan who checks CCFC websites every day, he shouldn't be invisible to me - the club promised the new CEO would be a highly visible presence and for me, he hasn't been that so far. Still, if he's had any influence on our squad development and good start to the season, that must rank as a positive.

How many other CEO's etc outside of the Premiership do you know of?

Esoterica

Correct - like most other fans. Who banned the CT? Not the CT themselves. Spoke to lots of fans on Saturday who said the same thing..."has he been on holiday since he joined?". Still, obviously those of us who don't follow the official channels are numptys who should just shut up, clearly we're ignoring the club for the sake of a moan, in no way should any reasonable fan expect the club to communicate very visibly through non official channels.

Still, early days and he results seems good so I will shut up moaning for now. I would like to see him on CWR or the Cov Tel every other day though, even if just as a quote - that's the sort of drum-banging, front and centre CEO we need, not someone who expects fans to follow the club's official channels.
Why do you want him on the radio or in the CT every other day in the first place? What do you want him saying? Maybe that would help me understand it better.
For most of our numpties it'd just be 'SISU spin', 'SISU propaganda', 'SISU just trying to cash in on a good start to the season', 'SISU getting desperate'. Anyway, it's staggering that you spoke to lots of fans, of which none happen to check the actual CCFC site but all care enough about our boardroom activities to want to moan about how invisible our new CEO is.
The club have got it bang on for me right now. I'm a CCFC fan and I have had more than enough of boardroom activities being played out through the press. Robins is the face and voice of it all with visible improvements popping up all over the place and a good product on the pitch, exactly as it should be.

oucho

Why do you want him on the radio or in the CT every other day in the first place? What do you want him saying? Maybe that would help me understand it better.
For most of our numpties it'd just be 'SISU spin', 'SISU propaganda', 'SISU just trying to cash in on a good start to the season', 'SISU getting desperate'. Anyway, it's staggering that you spoke to lots of fans, of which none happen to check the actual CCFC site but all care enough about our boardroom activities to want to moan about how invisible our new CEO is.
The club have got it bang on for me right now. I'm a CCFC fan and I have had more than enough of boardroom activities being played out through the press. Robins is the face and voice of it all with visible improvements popping up all over the place and a good product on the pitch, exactly as it should be.

I do think that the off-field leadership needs to be much more prominent. I want him to be a kind of cheerleader,s someone to bang the drum for the club, get his name out there and publicise what the club is doing through all these non-official channels. Start to re-build the local prominence of the club, almost take on a Mr Coventry persona of trying to build enthusiasm and speaking on behalf of the club even for minor matters. This sort of thing was implied in the published job description and the note that the club put out after relegation was confirmed. We don't need someone who will hide behind press releases or stick to official club channels - we want someone out there all the time, promoting the club. Basically doing a more active version of what Ray Ranson did on the PR side.

I don't bring any preconceptions to the bloke (some do) so I hope he makes a go of it. So far, to me, he has been far less visible then Anderson which isn't saying much.

Nick

Administrator
I do think that the off-field leadership needs to be much more prominent. I want him to be a kind of cheerleader,s someone to bang the drum for the club, get his name out there and publicise what the club is doing through all these non-official channels. Start to re-build the local prominence of the club, almost take on a Mr Coventry persona of trying to build enthusiasm and speaking on behalf of the club even for minor matters. This sort of thing was implied in the published job description and the note that the club put out after relegation was confirmed. We don't need someone who will hide behind press releases or stick to official club channels - we want someone out there all the time, promoting the club. Basically doing a more active version of what Ray Ranson did on the PR side.

I don't bring any preconceptions to the bloke (some do) so I hope he makes a go of it. So far, to me, he has been far less visible then Anderson which isn't saying much.
Do you mean like getting involved with ticketing issues and commenting on shirt sales, mingling with fans are kit launch events? You have been given links to examples of that ;)

Not to mention the corporate stuff that's publicised a lot more.

You keep saying invisible, it's as if you want him to come and visit you personally. You have already shown you will just dismiss things anyway.

Grendel

I assume he had something to do with the corporate offer to season tickets, reduced price season ticket campaign just before the season started and the match package promotions. Marketing messages in general have improved a lot.

That's all pretty good from where I'm sitting.

oucho

Do you mean like getting involved with ticketing issues and commenting on shirt sales, mingling with fans are kit launch events? You have been given links to examples of that ;)

Not to mention the corporate stuff that's publicised a lot more.

You keep saying invisible, it's as if you want him to come and visit you personally.

Not at all - it's part of the whole "not just active, but seen to be active" concept. I get most of my news through Cov Mad, SBT, CWR and Cov Telegraph, like a huge number of fans, and yet I haven't heard anything about these activities through those channels.

The point I am making is that he needs to use these channels or many supporters just like me won't hear about it. Just because he's doing these things doesn't make him visible - the whole point about PR is to get out there and bang the drum, not rely on people to follow you through your own channels. I haven't purposefully censored from my brain multiple news articles in which he's featured - I genuinely haven't seen a single one since his appointment. OK I don't read everything, but I shouldn't have to - if he's going to be prominent than fans like me will trip over him most days, but so far we haven't. Good for you if you have, but I can only speak for myself.

Nick

Administrator
Not at all - it's part of the whole "not just active, but seen to be active" concept. I get most of my news through Cov Mad, SBT, CWR and Cov Telegraph, like a huge number of fans, and yet I haven't heard anything about these activities through those channels.

The point I am making is that he needs to use these channels or many supporters just like me won't hear about it. Just because he's doing these things doesn't make him visible - the whole point about PR is to get out there and bang the drum, not rely on people to follow you through your own channels. I haven't purposefully censored from my brain multiple news articles in which he's featured - I genuinely haven't seen a single one since his appointment. OK I don't read everything, but I shouldn't have to - if he's going to be prominent than fans like me will trip over him most days, but so far we haven't. Good for you if you have, but I can only speak for myself.

Surely he is there when he needs to be? There is no point him being all over everything day in day out as it's pointless. I'd much rather him appear every so often and if there are issues with ticketing like at Grimsby, Ticketmaster tickets and shirts then he jumps on it and takes ownership and communicates it with the fans. Why on earth would people want over the top stuff just for the sake of it?

You keep going on about how you are different to other fans as you check websites multiple times daily. There have been posts on here about the things he is doing commercially and when he deals with things, I read on Cov Mad a statement he made about season tickets.

Boddy Apologises For Season Ticket Problems - Coventry MAD

You keep saying he is invisible and you haven't seen things, but more and more links are being posted showing it must be selective blindness. After all you ranted about him being invisible on Thursday and yet you still missed his statement on Friday.

Surely if you want news about CCFC you wouldn't check every site bar the official one anyway and would have a look on there?

Last edited:

SkyBlueScottie

Or you can visit the official club website...
Cov Mad is run by a fan, SBT the same, CWR is local sport and radio, why would he be on there telling listeners about the latest advertising board offer? Cov Telegraph, there is currently no relationship with them... its like me moaning that I cant get my weekly food shop from my local pharmacy...

Nick

Administrator
Or you can visit the official club website...
Cov Mad is run by a fan, SBT the same, CWR is local sport and radio, why would he be on there telling listeners about the latest advertising board offer? Cov Telegraph, there is currently no relationship with them... its like me moaning that I cant get my weekly food shop from my local pharmacy...

You would think that was obvious if you wanted CCFC news rather than fan's views or bitter newspaper outlet's views. Just open newsnow and everything appears in there...

I can understand if it is somebody out in the sticks with no internet relying on the paper through their door, but when somebody says they check CCFC web sites multiple times a day it's a bit strange. Even more so when they then just straight out ignore the links posted with examples to keep saying it.

Last edited:

Esoterica

I think you've a pretty antiquated way of looking at it which is odd because I seem to recall you being a late 20 something. People following you through your own channels is exactly how social media works: Youtube, Facebook, Twitter etc. It doesn't get delivered to your doorstep anymore, you customise what you want to see instead. It's really fucking weird to say, I get my news through sites, which are all regurgitations, but I'm not checking the official website, oh no! - they need to come to me!

oucho

I'm not being selective, I'm being honest. I genuinely only go on the offal only to check fixture news - just not in the habit of doing so, after so many years of barely anything being on there. I'm a bit confused why you won't let this rest - I'm giving you the honest perception of a fan who hasn't heard anything from the bloke since he was appointed. You can't argue with that, or you shouldn't . Why can't you just say "well that's how you see it, fair enough", rather than trying to prove me wrong? I'm just telling you my perception.

I didn't say he's "doing nothing", nor did I rant. I said I haven't seen him in the CCFC-related press anywhere - BECAUSE I HAVEN'T. You can post as many links as you like, if I didn't see them, I didn't see the them, which means he is being sufficiently visible to me as an interested fan who doesn't ready every bloody article or headline. There's no way round that. If I didn't know better I'd say you were defending him to the hilt on some sort of point of honour.

Surely he is there when he needs to be? There is no point him being all over everything day in day out as it's pointless. I'd much rather him appear every so often and if there are issues with ticketing like at Grimsby, Ticketmaster tickets and shirts then he jumps on it and takes ownership and communicates it with the fans. Why on earth would people want over the top stuff just for the sake of it?

You keep going on about how you are different to other fans as you check websites multiple times daily. There have been posts on here about the things he is doing commercially and when he deals with things, I read on Cov Mad a statement he made about season tickets.

Boddy Apologises For Season Ticket Problems - Coventry MAD

You keep saying he is invisible and you haven't seen things, but more and more links are being posted showing it must be selective blindness. After all you ranted about him being invisible on Thursday and yet you still missed his statement on Friday.

Surely if you want news about CCFC you wouldn't check every site bar the official one anyway and would have a look on there?

oucho

I think you've a pretty antiquated way of looking at it which is odd because I seem to recall you being a late 20 something. People following you through your own channels is exactly how social media works: Youtube, Facebook, Twitter etc. It doesn't get delivered to your doorstep anymore, you customise what you want to see instead. It's really fucking weird to say, I get my news through sites, which are all regurgitations, but I'm not checking the official website, oh no! - they need to come to me!

Nah I don't got on the offal, as above. That's not me being weird, there were plenty of people on Tuesday night and Saturday who agreed with me on this very topic. I don't follow the club on Twitter either - just because you might do, doesn't make it typical.

Jimmy's Chin

Doesn't he need to advertise and promote the club (i.e. shirts, tickets, corporate events, etc.) rather than promote himself?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think people are over estimating his role and influence. He is not going to be making the key decisions without the full support of those higher up. It seems to me that his focus is the commercial side of things, which involves frequent communication of such things to the fans, which is happening. His role is not to be a replacement like for like of Fisher he is much more low key and his appointment is designed to be. It takes the sting out of the situation & protests, keeps attention off the root problems that still exist. On other matters such as ownership all he can do is deflect the question because he doesn't have the decision making authority

The main focus of most fans is what is happening on the pitch, which is Robin's domain. What the CEO of CCFC does, given that he has little authority to solve the situation, really doesn't warrant great media attention. So far under his tenure in the commercial department the club overall has improved. Whether that's down to him or not who knows.

I am sure he will be interviewed on CWR etc but wont lose much sleep if he isn't. Better he focuses on the commercial side rather than get mired in the so called "multi party dispute". I prefer interviews with the manager and players to be honest

Communication takes time to change and it is improving slowly. Boddy hasn't been here long so lets see how he is assessed at the end of the season. Surely can only be an improvement on the confrontational Fisher who twisted words and deflected so much you didn't know what to believe. You could argue that at least for now he is better off being a little distant, it allows club and fans to focus on the team

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I'm not being selective, I'm being honest. I genuinely only go on the offal only to check fixture news - just not in the habit of doing so, after so many years of barely anything being on there. I'm a bit confused why you won't let this rest - I'm giving you the honest perception of a fan who hasn't heard anything from the bloke since he was appointed. You can't argue with that, or you shouldn't . Why can't you just say "well that's how you see it, fair enough", rather than trying to prove me wrong? I'm just telling you my perception.

I didn't say he's "doing nothing", nor did I rant. I said I haven't seen him in the CCFC-related press anywhere - BECAUSE I HAVEN'T. You can post as many links as you like, if I didn't see them, I didn't see the them, which means he is being sufficiently visible to me as an interested fan who doesn't ready every bloody article or headline. There's no way round that. If I didn't know better I'd say you were defending him to the hilt on some sort of point of honour.

If I didn't know better I'd say you had a bit of an agenda going on anyway....

I haven't said he is doing an amazing job, I haven't said he was a top bloke I have just said there has been an improvement with things. It may not last or it might.

You also moaned on Thursday about him being invisible, on Friday he made a statement about an issue and on Monday his statement was also published online. He isn't there to be a "Mr Coventry", he is there to get stuff sorted that's within his remit and take ownership of issues like Ticketmaster, not enough shirts in the shop etc where he can.

You don't read the official site, but you will read Covmad and the Telegraph who just get the news from there, re-word it and then post it anyway? Yes, I can post links with examples, the same as Wenger can see hundreds of replays of things where he says "he didn't see it".. For somebody who starts off by saying they are different to the average ccfc fan because they check ccfc sites multiple times a day, you miss a lot ;)

If somebody is clued up enough to know the directors by name, would they really not even look at the official site?

Last edited:

oucho

a
If I didn't know better I'd say you had a bit of an agenda going on anyway....

I haven't said he is doing an amazing job, I haven't said he was a top bloke I have just said there has been an improvement with things. It may not last or it might.

You also moaned on Thursday about him being invisible, on Friday he made a statement about an issue and on Monday his statement was also published online. He isn't there to be a "Mr Coventry", he is there to get stuff sorted that's within his remit and take ownership of issues like Ticketmaster, not enough shirts in the shop etc where he can.

You don't read the official site, but you will read Covmad and the Telegraph who just get the news from there, re-word it and then post it anyway? Yes, I can post links with examples, the same as Wenger can see hundreds of replays of things where he says "he didn't see it".. For somebody who starts off by saying they are different to the average ccfc fan because they check ccfc sites multiple times a day, you miss a lot ;)

If somebody is clued up enough to know the directors by name, would they really not even look at the official site?
When I said "CCFC sites" I meant COv Mad, Cov Telegraph, etc. As in, sites that report CCFC news. I'm just not in the habit of going on the offal after years of drivel.

It's missing the point to accuse me of "missing stories" - as I have pointed out repeatedly, if he's sufficiently prominent I wouldn't have missed them. And actually he is meant to be a prominent, Mr Coventry type person according to what both Fisher and the club promised when they announced the new role of CEO - why not check, sure it was on the CCFC website!

I've already said I', happy to give the guy a chance, many fans have written him off already due to his previous stints at other clubs, but not me - I take as I find. However, it's fair to say he has kept a pretty low profile and that's not what I was expecting.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
a

When I said "CCFC sites" I meant COv Mad, Cov Telegraph, etc. As in, sites that report CCFC news. I'm just not in the habit of going on the offal after years of drivel.

It's missing the point to accuse me of "missing stories" - as I have pointed out repeatedly, if he's sufficiently prominent I wouldn't have missed them. And actually he is meant to be a prominent, Mr Coventry type person according to what both Fisher and the club promised when they announced the new role of CEO - why not check, sure it was on the CCFC website!

I've already said I', happy to give the guy a chance, many fans have written him off already due to his previous stints at other clubs, but not me - I take as I find. However, it's fair to say he has kept a pretty low profile and that's not what I was expecting.
Then I'd say it's your expectations that are misplaced.
As long as I see things happening, the less I hear from someone in that role the better in my view. Because if I do it means that something's gone wrong or they have to explain an initiative or they just like the publicity. And that applies to any company.

Nick

Administrator
a

So news sites that copy and paste from the official site and edit a few words aren't drivel but the official site is?

Really not too sure what you expect him to be doing, he probably could prance about saying "look at me" but what's the point? I'd much rather he got on with stuff and jumped on issues when needed like the ticketing ones.

You seem to be trying your hardest to get a moan out of it after saying somebody was "invisible" even though they made a statement the working day before the moan to address an issue fans were asking about. You keep going on about "Mr Coventry" and something the club has promised, but you don't check the official website to see? Funny that. It's that selective blindness coming back into play.

You had a whinge on Thursday about him, he made a statement on Friday. You then had another whinge on Monday about him being invisible, even though you check all of the CCFC sites (cov mad and the telegraph) and don't bother with the actual CCFC site. :emoji_thinking:

oucho

So news sites that copy and paste from the official site and edit a few words aren't drivel but the official site is?

Really not too sure what you expect him to be doing, he probably could prance about saying "look at me" but what's the point? I'd much rather he got on with stuff and jumped on issues when needed like the ticketing ones.

You seem to be trying your hardest to get a moan out of it after saying somebody was "invisible" even though they made a statement the working day before the moan to address an issue fans were asking about. You keep going on about "Mr Coventry" and something the club has promised, but you don't check the official website to see? Funny that. It's that selective blindness coming back into play.

You had a whinge on Thursday about him, he made a statement on Friday. You then had another whinge on Monday about him being invisible, even though you check all of the CCFC sites (cov mad and the telegraph) and don't bother with the actual CCFC site. :emoji_thinking:

I'm not whinging pr moaning. It is a legitimate comment, acknowledged by the club many times, that communication from the board hasn't been good enough. Whilst I accept that, I also accept that they have a good faith intention to improve matters. This was highlighted in the clear inclusion of e description of the then-not-yet-appointed CEO role of a remit to be an effective "drum-banger-in-chief". Whilst you can point to his behind the scenes work and a quote from Friday, you wouldn't exactly say that Boddy has lived up to that, so far. And yes, I do want someone doing that role as it would highlight that thre is someone at the wheel, enthusiastically running the club and bigging us up at every opportunity whilst making himself known to the fans and community, not hiding behind press releases.

DB has been in post what, 6 weeks? How many times has he got himself onto CWR or into articles in the Cov Telegraph? Hardly any. I'd like to see him in there a few times a week in the case of both. I want to see a front man for the club who is passionate about the club, because that's what we deserve and who knows, it may generate good publicity leading to more fan enthusiasm, and I'd expected, based on the club's own statement, that that's what we'd get. In the last few years our various board members have seemed disinterested at best, irritated at worst by their interactions with our supporters. It's time for someone with a smile on his face, without any baggage, to pick up the megaphone and start building bridges with fans (IMO that starts with being the bigger man and unbanning the Cov Telegraph and letting bygones be bygones).

There's time yet though and I hope he does this whilst also doing the important behind-the-scenes work you mention. I am no apologist for Bryan Richardson by any stretch, but think of his infectious enthusiasm for the club, or think of how Ranson was front and centre when he was chairman - that's what I'd like to see Boddy doing. Fingers crossed he will - bit of a low key start, though.

Nick

Administrator
Another one - 4000 ST's

Boddy isn't Chairman though? You say make himself known and not behind press releases, there's somebody in this thread saying he spoke to him in depth in person at a fan event amongst others. It's hardly hiding is it?

It's weird how some people seem obsessed with the Telegraph ban.

Irish Sky Blue

One of the great things about Jimmy Hill when he was manager was that he never missed an opportunity of putting Coventry City in the headlines, often this was nationally as well as locally. As the club was successful, you could say it was easier for him. However, even when he started, before success on the pitch, he raised the profile of the club. There are good things going on at Coventry City, Sky Blues in the Community, the activities for JSBs being just two areas that work well but could be publicised more. Would it not be a good thing to raise the profile of the club that DB used all media outlets to publicise these things? There are so many ideas that he could tap into to get people in the area thinking about CCFC and make them more likely to buy a ticket for a game. For example, as far as I am aware, not much has been done with the Checkatrade Trophy. I could understand why it wasn't paraded last season with relegation looming. However could it not come out of the cupboard now, visit the city centre, local clubs, factories and offices, do a tour of SB in the C activities this summer. I have just started taking part in some of the walking football sessions. Lots of the guys wear City shirts and talk about the games. A picture with the trophy might inspire others, particularly if the picture ends up in the Telegraph. Could the trophy not tour local schools from September and be publicised too?
Every time I go around the island by the Ricoh it annoys me to see the Wasps billboard there. Now maybe we haven't got the money for adverts like this and so if this is the case finds ways to generate free publicity, even if it is calling the phone in each week to give out snippets of good news.
Who cares whether CEOs do it elsewhere, why can't ours?
The point about CCFC and Sisu being separate is a good reason to end the Telegraph ban, build a good relationship with them and get free positive publicity. The Telegraph's gripe was with Sisu, not the club.

Nick

Administrator
Again, why do people care so much about the Telegraph? They are only interested in stories that will get them page views whether it's positive or negative for CCFC and openly admit that. The same as they will try to whip up anger when a player buys a car etc. They refused straight up to mention the jimmy hill legacy fund stuff also because "people werent interested in that"... They will only push stories if it is going to meet their targets.

That doesn't stop them trying to grow CCFC's own audience though, increasing newsletter signups, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat etc so instead of putting a press release through the telegraph they just do it themselves. That drives more to the ccfc website directly also and means the club have more control, so far the communication via those channels has been better so they should keep trying to improve that side and do things direct. Nowadays it's all about e-mail lists, social media followings etc so quite rightly CCFC should build up their own as much as possible.

I "think" the trophy is going to be at a fair few games for people to get their picture taken and in fairness it has been out and about I think.

C-_ig08XUAUDvwE.jpg

DAG4YmqV0AQwBf_.jpg:large

Agree about getting ccfc out and about, in fairness it seems the communications side has improved with email newsletters and the official site and things like the kit launch which was a massive improvement. Hopefully it will continue to grow.

A lot of stuff does get done, but people don't really notice it even when they do get shown it. People seem to turn a blind eye to the decent stuff that goes on because it doesn't suit being angry at everything and anything to do with CCFC.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Just wanted to chip in that I didn’t even realise he was CEO and can’t remember hearing anything from him.

As you were.

Nick

Administrator
Just wanted to chip in that I didn’t even realise he was CEO and can’t remember hearing anything from him.

As you were.

In fairness, you aren't ranting about him being invisible by name etc. Plus you were probably stoned when it was announced ;)

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Manchester_sky_blue

Then I'd say it's your expectations that are misplaced.
As long as I see things happening, the less I hear from someone in that role the better in my view. Because if I do it means that something's gone wrong or they have to explain an initiative or they just like the publicity. And that applies to any company.
Exactly this. If the CEO of a business is in the news every day it generally means that business is totally up the swanny. Robins name should be on every bit of news that comes out of the club barring stuff that's totally out of his remit such as the ticketing issues. That's when you want your CEO to wade in and that seems to be the way it's working. I take the increase in sponsorship deals and so on as evidence of Boddy doing good work behind the scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread