David Busst (1 Viewer)

stupot07

That was one of the most honest post match assessments I've heard on cwr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

Basically that a wins a win but we were very fortunate, that our central midfield isn't good enough without the ball, that we dropped too deep for the entire second half and invited mk Dons to attack, too many last ditch tackles because we allowed them too much space and were too passive, that he couldn't fault work rate, but quality lacking, and that mk Dons would be disappointed by not getting at least a point.

The pundits quite often sugar coat it, but I just thought he was refreshingly honest. Says we need to beef up central midfield, and isn't keen on Mowbray due to his lack of experience at this level and not knowing leagues one and two well enough for player recruitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nonleagueherewecome

Agreed Stupot, I thought he was generally very honest and seems to read the game very well. More than you'd expect for a centre-back from Moor Green perhaps!

Not sure that I agree with him about Mowbray, mind. I don't think experience in League 1 is needed if it's a manager who has achieved results at a higher level. I mean, we'd take Mourinho despite him not having worked in L1, wouldn't we? :)

Kingokings204

Basically that a wins a win but we were very fortunate, that our central midfield isn't good enough without the ball, that we dropped too deep for the entire second half and invited mk Dons to attack, too many last ditch tackles because we allowed them too much space and were too passive, that he couldn't fault work rate, but quality lacking, and that mk Dons would be disappointed by not getting at least a point.

The pundits quite often sugar coat it, but I just thought he was refreshingly honest. Says we need to beef up central midfield, and isn't keen on Mowbray due to his lack of experience at this level and not knowing leagues one and two well enough for player recruitment.

Sounds fair enough but stating what we all know though. We all know we need to beef up the midfields I still can't believe we have kept Connor Thomas. He is so bad.

Tony mowbray isn't my choice but I would give him a chance just like a gave SP a chance.

stupot07

Agreed Stupot, I thought he was generally very honest and seems to read the game very well. More than you'd expect for a centre-back from Moor Green perhaps!

Not sure that I agree with him about Mowbray, mind. I don't think experience in League 1 is needed if it's a manager who has achieved results at a higher level. I mean, we'd take Mourinho despite him not having worked in L1, wouldn't we? :)

Very true, he'd need to bring someone in who knows the league's. Pressley has always been honest in saying his lack of knowledge of English football has been a hindrance.

Can't see Macfarlane staying, keeps talking about him and SP being a team.

stupot07

Sounds fair enough but stating what we all know though. We all know we need to beef up the midfields I still can't believe we have kept Connor Thomas. He is so bad.

Tony mowbray isn't my choice but I would give him a chance just like a gave SP a chance.

True, but so often the guests sugar coat performances, and given Busst is employed by the club, although it's obvious I just found it refreshingly honest.

Nonleagueherewecome

I'm not sure a primadonna that demands massive spending to ensure success would do too well at this club.

You don't think that his tactical awareness, motivational ability and player judgement wouldn't be able to improve our situation regardless of budget? I beg to differ! That contacts book would be worth a few decent loan deals rather than the "pot luck" selection that we get, too.

Users who are viewing this thread