David Walliams Comedy (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Has anybody seen his new 'comedy" programme ? What a load of rubbish really infantile,stupid sketches that aren't funny. I liked Little Britain but he's lost his way in my opinion and should stick to writing kids books. Or get Otis to write some stuff for him !

Otis

Has anybody seen his new 'comedy" programme ? What a load of rubbish really infantile,stupid sketches that aren't funny. I liked Little Britain but he's lost his way in my opinion and should stick to writing kids books. Or get Otis to write some stuff for him !
Who do you think wrote this series for him!!! ;)

Haven't watched it to be fair. Saw trailers and it just didn't look funny.

bringbackrattles

Victoria Wood been on tonight a tribute. Forgot how good she was. Versatile and really sharp observation.
Another talent missed.

torchomatic

It's piss poor and unfunny.

SkyblueBazza

I think some of these people only get by because they're the 'luvvie' set. Since Little Britain Walliams I find predictable...he just keeps trying to emulate it. I cringe when he camps it up on chat/gameshows too. Him Russell Brand...Miranda just don't hit the spot.
Miranda was good in Not Going Out...everything else I see her associated with is a bit miss for humour.
Eddie Izard is camp & funny - & probably never to be surpassed imo. Wish he would stick to comedy though instead of playing politics.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

bringbackrattles

Love to know on here who are the favourite comics and comedy programmes ever ? For me Billy Connelly is a genius,and is my number one comedian. Rising Damp my top comedy by far. Never rated Tommy Cooper to be honest but liked Benny Hill. Favourite female comedian is Lucille Ball and Victoria Wood. Anymore suggestions ?

torchomatic

Guaranteed Christmas Special and Series 2 next year then.

lifeskyblue

Love to know on here who are the favourite comics and comedy programmes ever ? For me Billy Connelly is a genius,and is my number one comedian. Rising Damp my top comedy by far. Never rated Tommy Cooper to be honest but liked Benny Hill. Favourite female comedian is Lucille Ball and Victoria Wood. Anymore suggestions ?

Like you I'm a fan of billy connelly. My fav comedy show is dads army...just find the timing so good and the characters of mainwearing, Frazier and Godfrey in particular. I did like Tommy cooper but never saw him except on tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

Like you I'm a fan of billy connelly. My fav comedy show is dads army...just find the timing so good and the characters of mainwearing, Frazier and Godfrey in particular. I did like Tommy cooper but never saw him except on tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only seen Connelly on the telly and on DVD but to me he's far ahead of the rest. The funniest comic I've seen live was Ken Dodd. He was on years ago at the Walsgrave club,and my then missus wanted to go as I thought he'd be crap. He had the audience in stitches and was on top form and I admit I reckoned he was great. Its better to see acts live and then judge them !

Terry Gibson's perm

I think some of these people only get by because they're the 'luvvie' set. Since Little Britain Walliams I find predictable...he just keeps trying to emulate it. I cringe when he camps it up on chat/gameshows too. Him Russell Brand...Miranda just don't hit the spot.
Miranda was good in Not Going Out...everything else I see her associated with is a bit miss for humour.
Eddie Izard is camp & funny - & probably never to be surpassed imo. Wish he would stick to comedy though instead of playing politics.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

I think that Miranda was even dreadful in not going out totally ruined it for me when she was in it.

The Reverend Skyblue

Its Walliams and Miranda Hart next week. That could well be the worst program the BBC have ever aired.
Two of the unfunniest people I've seen in my lifetime. Williams is on everything and he turn up for an opening of an envelope.
All Miranda Hart does if fall down in a stupid manner. Every show of hers contains her doing it and by Christ it's just not funny.
Very very lucky to have made money from being totally unfunny.

Terry Gibson's perm

Just switched it on what a load of rubbish, my licence fee goes towards this shit, the only blessing was Miranda Richardson and not that tall creature.

Johnnythespider

Just switched it on what a load of rubbish, my licence fee goes towards this shit, the only blessing was Miranda Richardson and not that tall creature.
Yes I was expecting to see Miranda Hart so was a little surprised to see Miranda Richardson, she definitely improved things.

Grendel

I watched it for 5 minutes - it's so bad it makes Citizen Khan look like comedic genius.

Grendel

That was on earlier, it's like mrs Brown's boys with an exaggerated Asian accent

No it's not crude like that. You are too young but it's like a sit com called Mind Your Language - racial stereotyping - ridiculous situations - the guy who is Citizen Khan seems pretty bright - its really bad but like a car crash you just have to look.

Nick

Administrator
No it's not crude like that. You are too young but it's like a sit com called Mind Your Language - racial stereotyping - ridiculous situations - the guy who is Citizen Khan seems pretty bright - its really bad but like a car crash you just have to look.
I only caught about five minutes, didn't mean the swearing, more the crowd laughter when it's not funny.

Johnnythespider

Mind your language was always worth watching for Francoise Pascal
0f6661c4624d44f4be959b58a814a4ba.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread