Deadline for inclusion in L1 for next season (1 Viewer)

ampthill_sba

I assume that there is a deadline by which time Fisher must confirm to the FL that we are entering the L1 competition in August 2013 and where our home fixtures will be played. I assume that the deadline must be soon as the fixture lists are out in 1 month.

Does anyone know when this deadline is?

I assume that a failure to meet this deadline with satisfactory arrangements will mean expulsion from the FL.

Is it possible that we could not be entered for the league for a season? Thoughts? This isn't liquidation but would it mean that a re-entry would start in the 5th 6th or 7th tier..?

I still think we're going to play at the Ricoh but if anyone can shed light on the above...?

Tonylinc

I asked this very same question the other night and was told that the deadline was mid June. I cannot see that everything will be in place by then and thus expulsion seems a real possibility to me.

ampthill_sba

I asked this very same question the other night and was told that the deadline was mid June. I cannot see that everything will be in place by then and thus expulsion seems a real possibility to me.

Fixtures are out I believe on June 16 so I believe the deadline to prove to the FL that fixtures can be honoured must be at least 2 weeks earlier...

I reckon Fisher has about 2 weeks only so strike a deal elsewhere, eat humble pie or take us to oblivion!

Tonylinc

Fixtures are out I believe on June 16 so I believe the deadline to prove to the FL that fixtures can be honoured must be at least 2 weeks earlier...

I reckon Fisher has about 2 weeks only so strike a deal elsewhere, eat humble pie or take us to oblivion!
That's exactly what I thought. So, Grendel please explain why you are still supporting Sisu.

Paxman II

Fixtures can be published with an asterisk next to our name. The FL has a responsibility to ensure who has the golden share and they have known this for some time. So far they have not done so. they are simply not sure is the reason. That's why we may have a court hearing to decide it and that would mean an asterisk next to our name in the fixtures.

Tonylinc

At the end of the day the GS lies with them, therefore they have the power to place it with whoever they wish. That being the case where is the problem? Grow some balls FL and sort this out!!!!

stupot07

At the end of the day the GS lies with them, therefore they have the power to place it with whoever they wish. That being the case where is the problem? Grow some balls FL and sort this out!!!!

It's not an easy decision for the FA. They have to choose between

A) ccfc ltd - who hold the lease to play at the Ricoh and some debt

B) ccfc (holdings) - who holds player contracts, possibly the academy set up, possibly the ticket and merchandise, etc income.

J

Jack Griffin

Fixtures can be published with an asterisk next to our name. The FL has a responsibility to ensure who has the golden share and they have known this for some time. So far they have not done so. they are simply not sure is the reason. That's why we may have a court hearing to decide it and that would mean an asterisk next to our name in the fixtures.

Fixture planners take account of local derbys & other events to some extent.. it isn't as simple as putting an * down..

James Smith

An "asterisk", next to our name? Don't like the sound of that.

If it wasn't so serious I'd make a joke about Obelix here. The Football League need to say who has the share and get on with it.

WFC

As part of the contract I was working on at the time a few years ago I did business with the guy who does the fixtures and had a chat to him about it. As said above things like local derbies are considered but not only this but teams are twinned whereby if one team is at home the other will be away and these may not necessarily be in the same division as each other and also local police authorities are consulted. Fixture lists are usually drawn up and will then go through several revisions after review by various parties before the final fixture list is published.

This all takes time and simply replacing one team with another is not that simple and could easily lead to fixtures being confirmed too late for things being put in place ready for opening day fixtures not only for that team but others as well.

What could happen is that if you are not able to confirm all things are in place by the deadline that you are expelled from the league and the division runs with one fewer teams that season with one less team being relegated from L1 and L2 but the usual number promoted so that the following season the full complement is back in place. The FL would not want to do this as it effects the budgeting of all clubs in that division and so may give a second slightly extended deadline but they will take a dim view of this and will not give much scope for just dragging it out.

Last edited:

James Smith

It's not an easy decision for the FA. They have to choose between

A) ccfc ltd - who hold the lease to play at the Ricoh and some debt

B) ccfc (holdings) - who holds player contracts, possibly the academy set up, possibly the ticket and merchandise, etc income.
Yeah the player contracts are in Holdings however the player registrations are in Ltd, TF does apparently make that claim in the statement of accounts.
Coventry Telegraph said:
Mr Appleton's proposals for creditors are accompanied in the report by a statement of the accounts for CCFC Ltd by Tim Fisher up to March 21 this year, which highlights what he claims are the assets resting in CCFC Ltd.

It states the assets in CCFC Ltd include the lease and licence to play at the Ricoh; players' registrations, with a nominal value of £466,762; a council rates refund worth £395,496, pre-payments of £176,725 and accrued income of £78,285.

But Mr Fisher's report appears to contend the players' registrations are worthless to the company in administration, with his contention the players' contracts are in Holdings, and that the total of what the real assets are worth is £395,496 - relating to the refund due for rates payments.
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-fc-administrator-leaves-3862802

Nonleagueherewecome

If it wasn't so serious I'd make a joke about Obelix here. The Football League need to say who has the share and get on with it.

If they throw us out of the league, I don't know where I'll Getafix of football from next season :p

Nonleagueherewecome

It just needs the FL to be Dogmatix!

James Smith

As part of the contract I was working on at the time a few years ago I did business with the guy who does the fixtures and had a chat to him about it. As said above things like local derbies are considered but not only this but teams are twinned whereby if one team is at home the other will be away and these may not necessarily be in the same division as each other and also local police authorities are consulted. Fixture lists are usually drawn up and will then go through several revisions after review by various parties before the final fixture list is published.

This all takes time and simply replacing one team with another is not that simple and could easily lead to fixtures being confirmed too late for things being put in place ready for opening day fixtures not only for that team but others as well.

What could happen is that if you are not able to confirm all things are in place by the deadline that you are expelled from the league and the division runs with one fewer teams that season with one less team being relegated from L1 and L2 but the usual number promoted so that the following season the full complement is back in place. The FL would not want to do this as it effects the budgeting of all clubs in that division and so may give a second slightly extended deadline but they will take a dim view of this and will not give much scope for just dragging it out.

Thanks for that very informative if somewhat scary post.

bigfatronssba

So how does Timmy think he is going to get planning permission within a few weeks?

Sbarcher

Asterisk!!! My God, we will be playing home games in Gaule!!

Brian The Ref

I think that if we are expelled from League 1, we would have some serious problems getting into any other league. I don't think it's a case of 'We've been expelled from our league, put us in yours!' They will have similar problems with fixtures etc. Even going as low as Southern League etc, they will still have their divisions sorted out for the season. I know a lot of clubs would like the idea of playing a club like ours during the season, but I just can't see it being that straight forward. I think that if we are expelled it's going to be a long boring season of shopping with the missus!

Grendel

That's exactly what I thought. So, Grendel please explain why you are still supporting Sisu.

I don't and I never have. I support the club. Sadly over time the anti ownership loathing has blinded people to side with a management company. This ultimately will contribute to our demise. I said at the time when ACL forced administration on the club that this would open Pandora's box. Most foolishly welcomed it. We are the laughing stock of football. This is partly because of sisu and fisher with their ludricous running of the club but partly because some supporters actually care about the council and ACL.

All I've ever cared about is being in my seat at 3pm on a Saturday. If more fans had that as the primary goal this situation would never have occurred.

ccfcway

All I've ever cared about is being in my seat at 3pm on a Saturday. If more fans had that as the primary goal this situation would never have occurred.

See, I care about a lot more than that. We could be in our seat at 3pm on Sat in the Butts playing in the Conference North in a couple of years. I want a lot more than that for our club !

bigfatronssba

I don't and I never have. I support the club. Sadly over time the anti ownership loathing has blinded people to side with a management company. This ultimately will contribute to our demise. I said at the time when ACL forced administration on the club that this would open Pandora's box. Most foolishly welcomed it. We are the laughing stock of football. This is partly because of sisu and fisher with their ludricous running of the club but partly because some supporters actually care about the council and ACL.

I don't agree with your opinions of acl, but let's assume your right, should we have fans not have put pressure on them?

Its the fans that only care about what happens on the pitch that's the problem with this club. We have trusted successive owners to do the right thing, we've assumed that players on good money will give their all, we've believed that managers have loyalty etc.

If the club makes it through the next few years then we need a culture change. None of this 'let's just get behind the lads' crap, we need to scrutinise our owners, demand only the best from the players and manager, and if necessary hold outside parties to account (acl) if we think they are acting improperly.

SkyBlueSwiss

Grenduffy, I am not looking for an argument with you on this, but this statement by you is what causes myself and many others to truly believe that something is seriously wrong with the way you think.
What you are saying is that you don't care what anyone does as long as you can sit in your seat at 3pm on a Saturday. Do you not realise just how wrong that is? Can you really condone anything as long as you can sit in your seat at 3pm on a Saturday?
That you can even think this, let alone make that statement on a public forum, and sound as though you genuinely mean exactly that (as your many statements on moral issues in the past indicate), is beyond astounding, and is quite frankly a stance that disgusts me.

TheRoyalScam

Grenduffy, I am not looking for an argument with you on this, but this statement by you is what causes myself and many others to truly believe that something is seriously wrong with the way you think.
What you are saying is that you don't care what anyone does as long as you can sit in your seat at 3pm on a Saturday. Do you not realise just how wrong that is? Can you really condone anything as long as you can sit in your seat at 3pm on a Saturday?
That you can even think this, let alone make that statement on a public forum, and sound as though you genuinely mean exactly that (as your many statements on moral issues in the past indicate), is beyond astounding, and is quite frankly a stance that disgusts me.

Good post, SBS.

Re: Duffy/Grendel - The words 'tunnel' and 'vision' come to mind (amongst others.....;))

Users who are viewing this thread