December Stadium Deadline (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Thoughts? I hope such a site exists and one day the stadium will exist. We can leave the Ricoh to Wasps then.

Gint11

Headline sounds like it's worth reading but again, it's a nothing story.

Kingokings204

Yes nothing new here. All fantasy stuff. Wasn't it meant to be built by next year it says?

skybluetony176

"The council also insisted there had been no communication with football club since the initial meeting in March this year."

Does that mean that the club is getting updates on "plan A" through the CT? I always knew Simon and the CT are SISU puppets :)

italiahorse

I thought the deadline was end of last Month. I would guess they are now collating to publish later.
If it does appear in the plan it will allocated as a space for development in green belt and as such the owner of the land will sell to the highest bidder.
At what point do CCFC ask the fans whether they will support a move to, say Ansty, to see if it's financially viable for them ?

Philosorapter

I don't know about you lot but every time I see a Fisher statement, I get depression.

H

Huckerby

I'm not going on Saturday now!
Haha

In all seriousness though, got a really good feeling around the club at the moment, and I wish they would just cut all the bullshit it's embarrassing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I don't know about you lot but every time I see a Fisher statement, I get depression.

Do you though? Do you actually get depression? Do you feel like you can no longer go on in life?

Maybe this should be your avatar?

keep-calm-man-up-princess.png

Philosorapter

My avatar simply reminds me of when they took the club on a joy ride to another city. Something no one should forget.

Bob Latchford

SkyBlueSid

It is another Telegraph non-story, as usual. The mythical new stadium was never going to happen and it still will never happen. So nothing has changed.

Maybe this 'revelation' is just a precursor to the club abandoning its pie-in-the-sky idea once and for all in December.

Otis

Thoughts? I hope such a site exists and one day the stadium will exist. We can leave the Ricoh to Wasps then.

I'm uncomfortable with that though, Torch.

Would much rather we had the Ricoh and Wasps buggered off back to London. We move and Wasps stay and you then have the scenario of a Coventry City team from Coventry playing outside the city and a London team, obviously not from the city, actually playing in our city.

The main local team gone from city, franchise team from bleedin miles away as the number one sporting team in the city.

Just doesn't sit right at all with me.

Philosorapter

Would much rather we had the Ricoh and Wasps buggered off back to London. We move and Wasps stay and you then have the scenario of a Coventry City team from Coventry playing outside the city and a London team, obviously not from the city, actually playing in our city.

The main local team gone from city, franchise team from bleedin miles away as the number one sporting team in the city.

Fully agree.

Warwickhunt

A Deliverable is required from TF! well thats fucked it then!:whistle:

Last edited:

armybike

It is another Telegraph non-story, as usual. The mythical new stadium was never going to happen and it still will never happen. So nothing has changed.

CCFC have had discussions with RBC, it was indicated that their proposals should be submitted to be part of the Borough Plan by September, this hasn't happened but CT have confirmed the submission date has been moved to December.

I'd say a relevant update, rather than a non-story.

The fact people don't believe TF when he says the stadium will be delivered shouldn't mean CT shouldn't keep people in the loop........ something that TF/SISU clearly haven't bothered doing, despite reassurances they would!

Sick Boy

I fully agree with, it simply isn't right and the fact that the senior members of the Trust go to watch the franchise is a joke. There has been nothing but apathy from the ccfc fans as usual

NorthernWisdom

I'd take that, if feasible (no fan of Ricoh, but even less a fan of franchise ;) ).

At the risk of mirroring language when this started though, we do need a plan A or B in case however. In that respect, I'd be more comfortable if we (SISU, club... us as fans) were lobbying CCC about their own local plan, rather than RBC.

italiahorse

I'd take that, if feasible (no fan of Ricoh, but even less a fan of franchise ;) ).

At the risk of mirroring language when this started though, we do need a plan A or B in case however. In that respect, I'd be more comfortable if we (SISU, club... us as fans) were lobbying CCC about their own local plan, rather than RBC.

How about lobbying Sisu on the financing of a new stadium and the incomes generated ? It needs comparing to renting the Ricoh to see exactly how it will work. The comparison needs doing for the PL as well as now because I have serious doubts that a smaller stadium in the PL is viable long term. Also what assessment of the possible fan base take up has been done to feed into this calculation. We know how bad the assessment was for Sixfields.

Grendel

How about lobbying Sisu on the financing of a new stadium and the incomes generated ? It needs comparing to renting the Ricoh to see exactly how it will work. The comparison needs doing for the PL as well as now because I have serious doubts that a smaller stadium in the PL is viable long term. Also what assessment of the possible fan base take up has been done to feed into this calculation. We know how bad the assessment was for Sixfields.

Renting on the terms we have mean promotion to the premier league is but a pipe dream - look at the huge losses incurred by clubs who haven't even been successful in getting success in that league.

italiahorse

Renting on the terms we have mean promotion to the premier league is but a pipe dream - look at the huge losses incurred by clubs who haven't even been successful in getting success in that league.

Never said it was possible.
I said we need to understand what is proposed too see which of the 2 options has the best chance.
We might be better off under Wasps than going for a new stadium. We can hazard a guess at that option, as you have, but I have no idea whatsoever on a new stadium.

Grendel

Never said it was possible.
I said we need to understand what is proposed too see which of the 2 options has the best chance.
We might be better off under Wasps than going for a new stadium. We can hazard a guess at that option, as you have, but I have no idea whatsoever on a new stadium.

How can we be better off in a stadium owned by a London Club who is quickly adding its identity to the stadium?

We know they have a chronic balance sheet and we would be subjecting to horrendous rental costs if we signed up for the long term in a stadium that will be entirely re branded at our expense - literally.

italiahorse

How can we be better off in a stadium owned by a London Club who is quickly adding its identity to the stadium?

We know they have a chronic balance sheet and we would be subjecting to horrendous rental costs if we signed up for the long term in a stadium that will be entirely re branded at our expense - literally.

So you know all the financing details of the new stadium? You know who will own it and how much rent if any we will pay? You must also know what the additional incomes we will have access too and what percentage of those incomes we will get ?
I bet you also know it's location and what proportion of existing fans wil follow outside Coventry ?

Well done.
But I don't so I want that information otherwise Sisu will be just playing games with us.

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy

You might find this relevant http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-fc-would-pay-8797060

Users who are viewing this thread