Deegan moves to Hibs confirmed (1 Viewer)

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Good, the guy is shite! :wave:

Marty

Won't be missed :wave::wave::wave::wave:

There were times since arriving when I thought Deegan could add something to our squad. This hyped up 'bite' that he was going to provide, the fact he chipped in with a very occasional goal at times when we looked like we couldn't get one from anywhere. When he played last season, he was one of the worst passers of the football I could remember seeing in a City shirt. There is an element of risk with Barton's injury, but - with this one in, one out - I would suggest we are a better outfit than we were. I really think Jennings could still fit the bill perfectly in the middle of the park, but it appears to have gone colder than cold on that front. Another midfielder and another forward, I would be happy with the sound of our squad (yet to witness the quality firsthand, roll on Yeovil).

sw88

Chief Commentator!
At least it was a free and we've got a fee. I'd have been happy to let him go for free after his Twitter actions but also his lacklustre performances! Few times have we seen 'bulldog' in the pitch and too many times seen 'pussy cat'!

Another player who offered so much (managers bigging him up) and delivered so little

Nonleagueherewecome

Yes like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.

Where's Ed Byrne when you need him?;)

Wait a minute, that isn't ironic! It would have been ironic if you had 10,000 spoons and thought you just needed one knife, but then it turns out a spoon would have done!

SkyBlueScottie

Cant say I am too fussed about him leaving to be honest, he looked ok when coming off of the bench and popped up with a vital goal, however all too often when starting he looked as though he struggled with the tempo of the game and his distribution was somewhat woeful.

SkyBlueUkeman

Was good until he said something I didn't agree with on twitter. After that he was shit..

(And yes, I'm taking the piss out of you)

Nonleagueherewecome

well, McPake is very happy about it, RAVING about Hibs new signing on twatter

Raving mad? I reckon the two of them cooked up the whole twitter-gate scandal as a means of getting his best buddy up to his new Sc-Irish club. A conspiracy to rival the Clarke's Shitty Cat scandal.

Sterling Archer

An awful footballer who came with a reputation as a pitbull that we never saw. Unless, needlessly fouling the opposition and giving the ball away all the time makes you a "pitbull" ?

Glad he's gone and thats nothing to do with his stupid comments on twatter. Adam Barton is twice the "footballer" he is.

Good stuff CCFC.

dongonzalos

We need three new signings now to get in top six, an angry center mid, a creative one and a goal scorer.

Strange deal to me. If hubs could not come up with money for mcpake how have they managed to do this.

ccfcway

yer, sort of agree

but they were desperate for mcpake, and they made him captain straight away when he joined

they didnt pay for him !

Astute

Could the undisclosed be a free?

dongonzalos

Yes it could, also think our squad experience wise was too small before Deegan left.
Can't see why anyone would be happy. His replacement hasn't come the other way in the revolving door!

Grendel

We need three new signings now to get in top six, an angry center mid, a creative one and a goal scorer.

Strange deal to me. If hubs could not come up with money for mcpake how have they managed to do this.

They did probably have the money for macpake but we agreed the free as it allowed them to match his personal contract.

Deegan is very poor and is not much more of a loss than O'donovan would be.

Grendel

Yes it could, also think our squad experience wise was too small before Deegan left.
Can't see why anyone would be happy. His replacement hasn't come the other way in the revolving door!

Deegan has played 40 games as a professional not experienced at all.

dongonzalos

Yes sand in terms of games played for Ccfc. That makes him one of our experienced players. Scarey.

Just hope we have defensive mid, attacking mid and striker coming. Otherwise we are going to have a second season here

Astute

Yes sand in terms of games played for Ccfc. That makes him one of our experienced players. Scarey.

Just hope we have defensive mid, attacking mid and striker coming. Otherwise we are going to have a second season here

Why?

We have a better squad and 1st team than most. We don't need to have a much better team and squad than everyone to go up. It is debatable if our squad is as strong as a whole to last season. It isn't debatable about our opponents. Is AT good enough to help get us promoted? We will soon find out. First few games to find our feet in Div3 then it will be time to push on.

No more excuses. Not from me anyway.

dongonzalos

Why?

We have a better squad and 1st team than most. We don't need to have a much better team and squad than everyone to go up. It is debatable if our squad is as strong as a whole to last season. It isn't debatable about our opponents. Is AT good enough to help get us promoted? We will soon find out. First few games to find our feet in Div3 then it will be time to push on.

No more excuses. Not from me anyway.

Clingan
Mcpake
Keogh
Cranie
Bigi
Deegan
Norwood
Nimely

Out

In two untested in this country French defenders
Fleck lots of potential but unknown how it will pan out
Ball and Brown young loannes so a 50 50 gamble.

Kilban old now but imo the only signing where we know we will get quality.

Elliott ability, but injured for past 7 seasons.

So 8 first steamers out.
7 in 2 or 3 of whom will be first teamers in.

This from a squad that everybody at the end of the season. SISU, players, manager and most fans accepted was from a squad that was too small in terms of experienced players.

We play just as many games in this division. Yes the quality is less but the physical demands are the same.

So in terms of players that actually contribute hence why I have not mentioned freddy. From a squad that needed more players we are now one down

Thomas and chritie are already injured.

We are back in the scenario where our first 11 will be able to beat anyone.

However we will have no depth.

Someone said we need 22 experienced players, 2 in each role, then then the kids.

We don't have that.

Injuries to cody and Clarke for example. Then picture the team that will be trotting out.

No excuses this squad as it stands mid table. Someone with bite, someone who can create and another goal scorer play offs a cert.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

The point is when Brown gets injured playing the holding role that he seems uncomfortable with. Then personally I would rather Deegan coming on to replace him than one of our untested kids who is a striker!. This is the problem we had throughout last season and without signing at least 3 more players it is already happening again.

Users who are viewing this thread