Diesel pressures (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
It's a mixture of those bellend protestors and people panic buying.

I've not had any issues getting any this week though. I just looked at the fuel stations on my way home from work and nipped in the first one that didn't have the diesel pumps covered and put some in.

clint van damme

I've not had any issues getting any this week though. I just looked at the fuel stations on my way home from work and nipped in the first one that didn't have the diesel pumps covered and put some in.

Couldn't get any Tuesday but was OK Wednesday

Sbarcher

Just driven from Oxford across to Norfolk. Big queue at those that had diesel and 3 had none
Managed to get some at 6th garage.

Tommo1993

Have been struggling to find some for my truck every day this week. Seems the rumours from a few weeks back have some legs. No fuel at all at Binley BP today. HGV diesel only at BP on the 45 bypass.

wingy

Can anyone explain how now there is a 3 shilling differential between diesel and petrol.

Is it it pheasible that those protesters are a convenient mask as to another cause of supply issues?

CCFCSteve

I can’t believe there hasn’t been more of an uproar about petrol companies. They bumped up the prices by 30% when oil went to $140 per barrel end Feb and then it was high again mid/late March ($125ish I think) but cost per barrel has been declining ever since and is now around $100 per barrel…yet the fuckers have kept prices high ! As well as us all paying more, it also fuels (excuse the pun 😊) wider inflation. Someone needs to start calling them out

Sky Blue Pete

I can’t believe there hasn’t been more of an uproar about petrol companies. They bumped up the prices by 30% when oil went to $140 per barrel end Feb and then it was high again mid/late March ($125ish I think) but cost per barrel has been declining ever since and is now around $100 per barrel…yet the fuckers have kept prices high ! As well as us all paying more, it also fuels (excuse the pun 😊) wider inflation. Someone needs to start calling them out
Capitalism isn’t it? Those profits pay our pension pots don’t be too quick

CCFCSteve

Capitalism isn’t it? Those profits pay our pension pots don’t be too quick

To be fair I’d imagine most pensions have firms like BP and Shell in them. Would’ve been easy for government to say to all the big boys ‘look, we’re cutting fuel duty, we expect you to pass on whole amount and if wholesale prices are dropping we expect these savings to be passed onto consumers immediately otherwise we’ll be looking at some kind of windfall tax’

Sky Blue Pete

To be fair I’d imagine most pensions have firms like BP and Shell in them. Would’ve been easy for government to say to all the big boys ‘look, we’re cutting fuel duty, we expect you to pass on whole amount and if wholesale prices are dropping we expect these savings to be passed onto consumers immediately otherwise we’ll be looking at some kind of windfall tax’
I agree

Users who are viewing this thread