Disney have brought Lucasfilm and have annouced.. (1 Viewer)

Tad

A new Star Wars film. After a 4 billion dollar take over, Disney have annouced a new Star Wars film for 2015 which will be the start of a new trilogy. They plan to make more Star War films after that too. Every two years apparently.

Think Lucas made a great universe but messed up the films. Would of loved to have seen someone else have a go at making more Star Wars, but I'm not so sure with it being Disney..

Last edited:

Tad

That's good then. I always got the feeling no-one would stand up to Lucas and point out the flaws in his shots and story. Hence why many consider Empire Strikes back to be the best one..

If they get the right people on board, it could be good!

kg82

I also just heard about this. Not sure how I feel about it... I'll reserve judgement.

kg82

This is it, these films surely can't be any worse than the last 3! And I'd heard these have been in the pipeline for a while.

Last edited:

Tad

This is it, these films surely can't be any worse than the last 3! And I'd heard these have been in the pipeline for a while - Luke turns to the dark side apparently.

Hmm..would of thought it would be wise to not meddle in that story arc anymore. Start with a clean slate years later or something...

Covstu

Really not sure this was a wise move. Similar to e matrix, greatbfilm ruined by two poor follow ups. I didn't have a major issue with episode 2 and 3 but 1 was crap. This could be a money making scheme but I hope they also do not make it a more family friendly film or else we will have mickey turning to the dark side!!

smouch1975

Disney also bought the rights to Indiana Jones.

Are there not over 50 books in the Star Wars universe series? Some are fully sanctioned by GL. Some must be worthy of the silver screen

Tad

I'm not a huge SW nut, but from what I know, there's loads of stories set in different era's in the universe. They'll have plenty to work on..

The cracks in Lucas' writing/directing are seen throughout all the films, but the last three were awful. Anakin was meant to be a great leader of men, a protector, a good friend to Obi Wan. Instead we got a winey bitch that should of clearly been thrown out the order for failing to control his emotions long ago.

Covstu

I'm not a huge SW nut, but from what I know, there's loads of stories set in different era's in the universe. They'll have plenty to work on..

The cracks in Lucas' writing/directing are seen throughout all the films, but the last three were awful. Anakin was meant to be a great leader of men, a protector, a good friend to Obi Wan. Instead we got a winey bitch that should of clearly been thrown out the order for failing to control his emotions long ago.

ah but his missus was fit!!!:pimp::pimp:

Users who are viewing this thread