Dizzee's 'Dirtee Disco' leaps to No. 1 (1 Viewer)

dutchman

music_dizzee_rascal_dirtee_disco.jpg

Dizzee Rascal's 'Dirtee Disco' has stormed to number one in this week's UK singles charts.

After an impressive lead in the midweeks, Dizzee claimed his fourth ever number one - following 'Dance Wiv Me', 'Bonkers' and 'Holiday' - with the upbeat track from his Tongue 'n' Cheek album, ahead of last week's number one B.o.B.

Reacting to his chart victory, the rapper said: "Yeah! It's ridiculous, I have to keep my head down, keep doing good things and making people jumping up and down."

Iyaz's 'Solo', a new entry, pipped Jason Derulo's 'Ridin' Solo to third place. It is the R'n'B-reggae artist's second released track of the year, unable to beat his January release of 'Replay', whch shot to number one.

Elsewhere, Eminem debuted in fifth spot with 'Not Afraid', his first single from new album Recovery, while N-Dubz finished in sixth place with 'We Dance On', which saw a boost from its inclusion in the film StreetDance 3D.

While Edward Maya and Aggro Santos suffered only modest drops from last week, 'Good Times' were finally over for Roll Deep, who have slipped eight places in a fortnight. Sean Kingston & Justin Bieber also re-entered the top ten with 'Eenie Meenie'.

Meanwhile, the raft of new entries dented the performances of Alexandra Burke, Usher, Plan B and Fyfe Dangerfield, who all left the top ten.

The top ten singles in full (click where possible to see official music video):
1. (-) Dizzee Rascal: 'Dirtee Disco'
2. (1) B.o.B ft. Bruno Mars: 'Nothin' On You'
3. (-) Iyaz: 'Solo'
4. (2) Jason Derulo: 'Ridin' Solo'
5. (-) Eminem: 'Not Afraid'
6. (-) N-Dubz ft. Bodyrox: 'We Dance On'
7. (5) Edward Maya ft. Vika Jigulina: 'Stereo Love'
8. (7) Aggro Santos ft. Kimberly Wyatt: 'Candy'
9. (3) Roll Deep: 'Good Times'
10. (17) Sean Kingston & Justin Bieber: 'Eenie Meenie'

Source: Official Charts Company