Do you think Barton had a fair crack at 1st team football?? (1 Viewer)

Covstu

I'm really not sure about him to be honest, showed some promise in some games but then totally lost in others. If we can replace him with someone who fits the team better then fine but just think it might have been good to keep him around just incase of injuries etc

Thoughts??

ConnorDevine

I like him, he is still fairly young and I think it'd be wise for Pressley to keep him, but I've questioned every decision that man has made since being placed in charge and i've been proven wrong every time, so I'm not arguing

Sterling Archer

Probably not in all honesty. Always harsh to judge a player when he doesn't get a proper continuous run in the side in his favoured position.

It's also testament to how well Thomas and Fleck have performed this year.

I'd still rather see him in the centre of midfield over Daniels though (who I feel is too lightweight for centre mid but could make a decent winger).

Hobo

No, but some of that is down to Barton himself. He would be nice to have in the squad but doesn't really fit our profile.

Perhaps SP is just being honest with him and saying you might get more football somewhere else? Sometimes to let a player develop you move them on.

I would imagine players respect that.

ccfclinney

I think he will be a miss. Changed the game against Barnsley I thought and should be in front of Daniels in the pecking order... Daniels seemed to give the ball away a hell of a lot at Rotherham and Barnsley. When Barton came on he was good on the ball and made some great passes bringing full backs into play

shmmeee

My kind of player Barton. Would've liked to see him given more of a chance but needs a team good enough to support him through his off periods and we're not that team.

stupot07

Yes, he's had a fair crack. It's up to him to put in performances in training, reserve/development games as well as performing when he get a chance in the first 11. He's not been a first choice regular since Thorn/Shaw, neither Robins not SP particular used him, and he's now slipped down to 4th choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Gint11

Honestly I don't think he has had a fair crack in the team but then from what I have seen I am not suprised. I can see points from both sides so with that said, I am not sure whether I would keep him or sell him really. SP did say that the lad wants to play more and SP can't promise him that.

magic82ball

I think he had a fair crack and didn't perform, which is very disappointing as he has it in him to be a top player at this level. Would have given him till the end of the season to see if he can pick his work rate up, if not then ship out.

Users who are viewing this thread