Do you think Robins will try to obtain some loan players ?

Discussion in 'Coventry City General Chat' started by shy_tall_knight, Jul 12, 2017.

1. shy_tall_knight

shy_tall_knight Well-Known Member

Its quite refreshing to have a proper squad building process without the panic loan signings. I expect Robins to go for 1 or 2 loan signings but no more

2. Nick

Nick Administrator

I can see maybe a defender / striker for a bit of backup.

3. steve82

steve82 Well-Known Member

If it looks like he's struggling to cover areas in the transfer market then yes definitely tho I think he will likely try and get a couple in to boost the squad of quality and depth.
    With 46 league games minimum and cup games and cup runs thrown in it's a long season with plenty of games Saturday/Tuesday weekly.

4. JamesCCFC

JamesCCFC Active Member

With Turnbull, Harries and Thomas all likely to exit the building. He'll have no choice but to bring loans in to fill the squad.

5. no_loyalty

no_loyalty Well-Known Member

It could depend on how much money we recoup for the 3 of them, if its a size able amount which is allowed to be reinvested for team strengthening, then I'm guessing Robins will try and sign another few players on 2 year deals

6. JamesCCFC

JamesCCFC Active Member

Well considering we 'reportedly' got diddly squat for Harries, that isn't a good start. With Reid and RCC also looking likely to depart, we should still have enough of the budget to accommodate a couple more permanents, however only Robins will know how many. But regardless, at least 2 loanees will still be required.

7. Nick

Nick Administrator

Harries hasn't actually gone yet has he?

8. JamesCCFC

JamesCCFC Active Member

Not yet. Don't see any reason why it wouldn't go through though, unless another club come in with a better offer...

9. Ron Macintosh

Ron Macintosh Member

My mate who was doing the kitmans job during his work experience said that Mark Robins is hung like a bumbler bee. Absolute pecker dick apparently.