does Pressley know something, or is his head in the clouds ? (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

"The message I’ve been given is to carry on in exactly the same frame of mind as we would if we weren’t in administration.

I have to reshape the team and prepare for next season and we’ll be working tirelessly through the summer to make sure that we can deliver that by ensuring we recruit the right type of player.

I know the way I want the team to play and the type of player I need to do that, players who are hungry to take this club forward.

There are obviously players already here who very much fit into that style and we’ll hopefully keep those. We’ve obviously been doing all our homework and we’ll speak to personnel we are interested in.

We have an embargo just now so we can’t officially sign anybody but we can give players a steer on where we are so hopefully they will be interested in coming here.

I’m desperate to bring success here, determined to repay the fans’ faith in the football club, and we’ll be working tirelessly to turn things round."

ccfcway

ANDY Thorn has got his close season targets all lined up and ready to go.

“The players I am looking at are free transfers so they are not going to cost anything,” said Thorn who has already been linked with out-of-contract 16-goal Shrewsbury Town striker James Collins

“First of all we need to come out of the transfer embargo and then as soon as that happens we need to go bang, bang, bang.

“They are all there but until we come out of the embargo we can’t do anything.

"We’re working hard on our targets and have got players lined up"

Otis

We've had other managers say pretty much the same thing and the 'assurances' and promises they are given usually amount to Jack Shit.

Expect the rug to be pulled as per usual.

As I alluded to yesterday, we could be in a situation where we let players go now but are still in an embargo in August and then are short of squad numbers and well and truly buggered.

If Sisu are still here then the embargo will surely still be in place. And if they are not here how could SP have got assurances from someone who does not yet own the club?

skybluesteve76

He must be stupid!! If we get taken over he will be the first casualty....he's on a hiding to nothing!!

Simply the best
Better than all the rest

ajsccfc

He's been told to crack on as normal, so he's doing that. I don't really see where the opportunity to slag him off arises in this case.

Otis

City fans will always find a reason to slag people off. That's what makes them City fans. ;)

ajsccfc

Falkirk fans were having a go at his shoes, so I guess we've still got a bit of leeway yet.

psgm1

Banned
He's been told to crack on as normal, so he's doing that. I don't really see where the opportunity to slag him off arises in this case.

What apart from the horrific fall off in form, the totally unrealistic post-match analysis, the insistence that everything is normal and there is nothing to worry about?

Just because he wanted a publicity stunt by talking his bollocks in front of you sheep, DOES NOT MEAN its any more real! Seems that because he has given you oxygen of publicity , you seem to be willing to ignore the ridiculous nonsense he spouts just to cosy up.

Linnell would be Proud

ajsccfc

So either you chose to ignore 'in this case' or just can't read. Which is it?

I'd guess it's the reading thing, as you're still labouring under the impression that I'm anything to do with Sky Blue Trust despite me telling you a few times now.

Be careful when you mention Linnell remember, you must be running out of clean underwear.

Last edited:

WillieStanley

What apart from the horrific fall off in form, the totally unrealistic post-match analysis, the insistence that everything is normal and there is nothing to worry about?

Just because he wanted a publicity stunt by talking his bollocks in front of you sheep, DOES NOT MEAN its any more real! Seems that because he has given you oxygen of publicity , you seem to be willing to ignore the ridiculous nonsense he spouts just to cosy up.

Linnell would be Proud

I suppose if we do hit a good run of form, Pressley will have just "got lucky" as his players score goals?

diggerdaley

There are some brilliant one liners on this site,I'm going to make a calendar of them so I can laugh every day :claping hands:

Sky Blue Kid

Williestanley.....I suppose if we do hit a good run of form, Pressley will have just "got lucky" as his players score goals?

I say .......Last 7 games...Goals for..4....Goals against..12........So on that form I would say Yes!:whistle::blue:

Otis

Pressley isn't the only one with his head in the clouds. I'm sure we're all guilty at times of gullibility and naivety.

David Cameron promised me a better future and my wife promised she'd love me for eternity. Both those promises were vanquished within a few months of office and marriage. My daughter keeps promising me she'll tidy here bedroom, but never does.

I reached the end of my tether over the issue and she now goes by the name of Sisu, or is accused of coming down with a case of Seppalitis with every broken assurance.

Pressley can't really say much else can he. Brave face in a moment of adversity.

psgm1

Banned
4 goals in 7 games? so before saturday it was 2 in 6.

Yep WELL DONE PRESSLEY - really turned around the team!

PRESSLEY OUT

Nonleagueherewecome

So either you chose to ignore 'in this case' or just can't read. Which is it?

I'd guess it's the reading thing, as you're still labouring under the impression that I'm anything to do with Sky Blue Trust despite me telling you a few times now.

Be careful when you mention Linnell remember, you must be running out of clean underwear.

I think his is a "group" ID, most likely that of a mental institution, explaining both the madness of his posts and the reason why he can't continue a long-term dialogue (it's a different nutjob each day). But one of the inmates is quite sane and is only in there because he's had enough of everyday life and wanted to "retire" early, so is faking madness-that's when you get the odd lucid and intelligent post.

Users who are viewing this thread