Don't be surprised if... (1 Viewer)

1ccfc

With the talk of Thomas going and maybe one or two others, a few people are hoping any fees received will be reinvested. It's possible we've spent the money on the signings we have made already, knowing that players like Thomas are going and we are guaranteed a development fee. This way our business could be completed early with later income balancing the books. Hope I'm wrong.

RFC

With the talk of Thomas going and maybe one or two others, a few people are hoping any fees received will be reinvested. It's possible we've spent the money on the signings we have made already, knowing that players like Thomas are going and we are guaranteed a development fee. This way our business could be completed early with later income balancing the books. Hope I'm wrong.

We are bound to lose a few but I expect at least 5 more new faces!!!!!

skybluepm2

If we get £500k for Thomas, at this level it can buy you a guaranteed 20 goals. Wouldn't you rather have 2 x James Collins than a player who was abysmal up until Christmas and turned it on in the cup final and a handful of decent performances since? Take that goal away and his value - not just externally but with the SBA too - significantly decreases. Not as big a loss as a lot of people are making out.

CovBurty

If we get £500k for Thomas, at this level it can buy you a guaranteed 20 goals. Wouldn't you rather have 2 x James Collins than a player who was abysmal up until Christmas and turned it on in the cup final and a handful of decent performances since? Take that goal away and his value - not just externally but with the SBA too - significantly decreases. Not as big a loss as a lot of people are making out.
couldn't put it better than that. honest voice.

SlowerThanPlatt

Who are the two 20 goal a season strikers we can get for a combined 500k?

Sky Blue Harry H

Who are the two 20 goal a season strikers we can get for a combined 500k?

Spot on mate. Anybody who could regularly bag that many would cost more,; that's why I think we should spend a little more of what;s available on a 'Collins' type (with a track record) and a lesser amount on a Biamou type (this bit already done) to spread the risk. Hopefully (just for Hill83 :shamefullyembarrased:) that's what the manager intends.

Nick

Administrator
It looked as if he was more than prepared for Bigi going by bringing in Kelly and Stevenson. As long as he is one step ahead like he seems to have been rather than waiting for everybody to go and then shitting himself in the last week of the window it should be ok.

Sky Blue Harry H

It looked as if he was more than prepared for Bigi going by bringing in Kelly and Stevenson. As long as he is one step ahead like he seems to have been rather than waiting for everybody to go and then shitting himself in the last week of the window it should be ok.

Sorry, Nick. I've forgotten in all that's going on - but does Stevenson have another year (plus?) on his contract?

Brylowes

I'm surprised if anyone see's it much different to this anyway TBH, SISU are still here
They will continue to run & fund the club as they see fit.
Fans are (rightly) encouraged by Robbins and the way he comes across as 'actually
Managing the team, but we all know deep down.
If he doesn't prove to be the shrewd, canny, operator that we all hope he is, it's back
To square 1 , nothing at the club, or the way it's run has changed '

CovBurty

I'm surprised if anyone see's it much different to this anyway TBH, SISU are still here
They will continue to run & fund the club as they see fit.
Fans are (rightly) encouraged by Robbins and the way he comes across as 'actually
Managing the team, but we all know deep down.
If he doesn't prove to be the shrewd, canny, operator that we all hope he is, it's back
To square 1 , nothing at the club, or the way it's run has changed '
Yes mostly agree with that comment. the only bit I doubt slightly, is your 'if'. Robbins may have limited funds, but presently he is the only hope we still have left at this club. so let's see how he copes.

Nick

Administrator
And every Conference team will have limited funds, at some point though we have to stop falling,
And then just accepting that everyone in our league has "limited funds"

That's because they do though? People need to stop acting like every other team has unlimited funds and working within a tight budget is specific to us.

Gazolba

I think Thomas has to go to balance the books. I would think Robins has already been told that.

pastythegreat

That's because they do though? People need to stop acting like every other team has unlimited funds and working within a tight budget is specific to us.
And then moan about them funds and proclaim they're NOPM!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Kid

And when we were getting 20-22k gates and the funds were there, but nothing of any worth done about improving the team a minority of us moaned. Were we wrong to moan then?... Rinse and repeat 10 years later only in the 4th Division instead of the Championship.

better days

I think Thomas has to go to balance the books. I would think Robins has already been told that.

Actually 3 or 4 of our other young players will probably bring in more money if sold
George Thomas is out of contract so a fee will be payable based on the EFL formula for young players
But several others signed up to 4 year deals under Mark Venus

skybluecam

Have always said Thomas is not our saviour. Very ineffective in the league, struggles to create oppourtunities for himself and his lack of physicality is a concern. £500k for us would be a good deal.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Brylowes

Nick, I'm not acting like that, I don't think for one minute that other teams have unlimited Funds
and a tight budget is specific to us.
But we will differ from every other club in league 2, as we differed from most clubs in league 1
They are traditionally small clubs where success wouldn't result in a major upturn in crowds
And related revenues.
Where as a sniff of success here would see crowds double or even treble even in this league,
Therefore modest but real investment at this club makes sense.

Fergusons_Beard

I've a massive issue with

'strikers who can defo score 20 goals in a season'

It should be Strikers who can score for City.

Chris Dagnall and Jon Stead scored 14 last year in Div 2. Those two couldn't his a barn door with a banjo when they played for us!

What's to say that Collins doesn't score 20 for Luton next year?

Last years leading score John Marquis scored more in ONE season in this division than in his entire career to date. (2009-2016 20 goals 2016-17 26 goals).

My point is when looking at a striker not many players consistently score 20 a season every year.

It all depends on many factors.

PUSB SOTV IMCH NOAM (Not One Acronym More)

Skyblue_LDN

We are going to be in league two, for once have done early business and made some solid signings. There's not really a player we could lose that would have me up in arms at the min come selecting a starting lineup, beggars can't be choosers and feeling optimistic with the looks of the squad so far

Brylowes

We are going to be in league two, for once have done early business and made some solid signings. There's not really a player we could lose that would have me up in arms at the min come selecting a starting lineup, beggars can't be choosers and feeling optimistic with the looks of the squad so far
Get the feeling you might enjoy league 2, oblivion isn't far away League 2 lol.

Users who are viewing this thread