Doyle (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I know Leeds were after him and heard this rumour a few months ago and I really hope it will be the case. Will it leave us short of centre midfielders though?

We would only have Gunnar, Clingan and Ossy if he goes!

alanmahon_uk

Really?! Yeah that'd definitely be a shock. Especially given how light we are in the middle. We're light all over the place, mind.

I'd fancy Beckford coming our way to give us some options up front. Whether Coleman would sacrifice a central midfielder to get him in is another question though?

jpskyblue

i would be more surprised with Beckford wanting to come to us to be honest, heard that the baggies had made a bid

Nick

Administrator
Apparently this was a done deal from reading on the net and it will be announced today!

alanmahon_uk

It's been a long time coming if you ask me. Like you say, things have become stale for him so probably best he got a fresh start. Can't question his commitment, but a change will probably do him good.

Saying all that, I always assumed we'd have a replacement if he did go.. Osbourne and Walker our CM back up as it stands! Coleman must have someone lined up.

Emlyn

Hmm, if Doyle does go, we'd more than likely (or so it would seem) bring in a central midfielder, to fill in the gap Doyle would leave.

Clingan may fill in for Doyle. But even so, you're all right about us being light in the middle.

simmouk

Administrator
I still can't quite understand why he's gone? And on loan? And to Leeds of all clubs?! Credit to our board, we do make some crazy decisions! Still no one in directly to replace him though. I'm guessing it was mainly to free up funds, which seems to be a big thing at the moment with SISU wanting to take over their 50% stake in the Arena.

Users who are viewing this thread