Dunn starting Saturday.. (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

10 quid bet for us to lose 4-0 is what I've just put on..

On a serious side though. Surely Burge should be given a start.

RoboCCFC90

To take snipets from the article it says "Groin Injury", "Minor Accident at Home", "Considering the Manner he Picked up the Injury".

Is it just me or has Mrs Murphy worked JM harder than he had been worked all season? ;)

Last edited:
We have to remember that Burge was only on loan at Nuneaton this season. He's not ready for a game like this. If there are any positives to take out of this, Dunn will give EP a good reason to release him. Loan Burge to a low L2 team like Torquay next season, then we can talk about him challenging Joe for #1, but he's not ready yet, Dunn is out only option (Not something you wanna hear often)

stupot07

[We have to remember that Burge was only on loan at Nuneaton this season. He's not ready for a game like this. If there are any positives to take out of this, Dunn will give EP a good reason to release him. Loan Burge to a low L2 team like Torquay next season, then we can talk about him challenging Joe for #1, but he's not ready yet, Dunn is out only option (Not something you wanna hear often)

He's not ready for a meaningless league match?

fernandopartridge

We have to remember that Burge was only on loan at Nuneaton this season. He's not ready for a game like this. If there are any positives to take out of this, Dunn will give EP a good reason to release him. Loan Burge to a low L2 team like Torquay next season, then we can talk about him challenging Joe for #1, but he's not ready yet, Dunn is out only option (Not something you wanna hear often)

Christ, it's probably the most meaningless game we've had for many many many years.

fernandopartridge

EP? Is that a deliberate mistake?

Why would he need a convenient excuse?

Nonleagueherewecome

I suppose he deserves a chance to show that the Crewe atrocity was a one-off. Although I fear for our goal difference after Saturday now! Best try to keep them down to under 4 shots on target or things are probably going to get messy.

Brighton Sky Blue

To take snipets from the article it says "Groin Injury", "Minor Accident at Home", "Considering the Manner he Picked up the Injury".

Is it just me or has Mrs Murphy worked JM harder than he had been worked all season? ;)

He lets balls in at work, she lets them in at home.

trondegilsoltvedt97

I think it's disappointing to read negative comments on Dunn. He is being called in for his first league start, he is our keeper on Saturday and needs our backing, not criticism

Joy Division

Staggering the amount of stick Dunn is getting after the 45 minutes against Crewe. At least give him a chance to prove himself. :facepalm:

RoboCCFC90

I watched Chris Dunn in a Pre Season friendly at the beginning of the season (Which feels like a century ago) against Bristol Rovers and I thought he was quite good that day and was also good against Morecambe in the FAC so maybe we shouldn't be to harsh for his performance against Crewe no defender covered themselves in glory either..

PVA

Burge has been excellent by all accounts at Nuneaton. It's only 2 leagues below and it's not like the goals get bigger the higher up the leagues you go! Definitely worth giving him a go ahead of Dunn who is clearly not up to much.

Sterling Archer

Staggering the amount of stick Dunn is getting after the 45 minutes against Crewe. At least give him a chance to prove himself. :facepalm:
Especially considering the same posters on here were crying out for him to start ahead of Murphy for months based on one save against Southampton which wasn't as good as it was made out.

I do love the fickleness of a portion of support.

Bluegloucester

Dunn is our second choice keeper, it's the last game of the season we have nothing to play for, give the kid a chance. If he reads this board it is doing nothing for his confidence.

thechase

Ive not rated Dunn since i saw him at Nuneaton last season and the more i witness of him the worse he gets. The Crewe game was simply awful. How anyone can justify him playing tomorrow is beyond me. He is top of the list of players to dispose of...if someone is stupid enough to take him away from us.

Dan Griffin

All this hype I can see him keeping a clean sheet, then look at our recent results, no I can't see a clean sheet.

japandy

Burge has been excellent by all accounts at Nuneaton. It's only 2 leagues below and it's not like the goals get bigger the higher up the leagues you go! Definitely worth giving him a go ahead of Dunn who is clearly not up to much.

How do you reach that conclusion? Surely if Dunn was not 'up to much' they would have sent him out on loan and made Burge second keeper.

Users who are viewing this thread