Dylan Tombides (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Died at 20 of Testicular Cancer. :(

I thought it was pretty much curable now, and you would have thought for a football with access to private healthcare etc :(

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Private healthcare or not, Nick there's still no cure for cancer.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
The point I'm making is that why should his survival odds be any better just because he has private health care? NHS doctors are just as brilliant, in fact, most of them are the same ones who practice private health in their free time away from NHS duties. I just don't get your reasoning.

SlowerThanPlatt

Amazing to make a first team appearance in 2012 after being diagnosed in 2011. Terribly sad story, a very brave young man. RIP.

stupot07

Testicular cancer the cure rate is quite high though isn't it?

Depends on a lot of variables but yes survival rage is pretty high (96-98%), still means that every 2-4 our of every hundred will lose that battle.

Nick

Administrator
The point I'm making is that why should his survival odds be any better just because he has private health care? NHS doctors are just as brilliant, in fact, most of them are the same ones who practice private health in their free time away from NHS duties. I just don't get your reasoning.

It wasn't just the private health care bit (sorry) but surely footballers fitness and bodies are monitored closer than the normal person? I know this won't mean he checks himself any more but it just makes you think.

wingy

It's not likely you're likely to check yourself out at that age as you're not so aware of your mortality,catching It early being critical to surviving .

SlowerThanPlatt

[video=youtube;t6nvT3yhphU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6nvT3yhphU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Dylan talks about his cancer. His personality and intelligence are obvious.

ajsccfc

He was only playing for Australia in January this year too. Did it come back rapidly since then? I have no idea how these things go.

SlowerThanPlatt

BlmF1-cIYAERn2Q.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread