Ed Sheeran (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

This might rock a few boats but, the most overrated artist of the last 10 years?

Seems like a nice bloke and all, but I just don't get the love in. The music is average at best, and there are so many better soloists & groups out there that get no where near the amount of coverage. Pretty sure he's ripped off some other previously famous songs too. Honestly, just don't get it. No where near the genius status he seems to get...

wingy

This might rock a few boats but, the most overrated artist of the last 10 years?

Seems like a nice bloke and all, but I just don't get the love in. The music is average at best, and there are so many better soloists & groups out there that get no where near the amount of coverage. Pretty sure he's ripped off some other previously famous songs too. Honestly, just don't get it. No where near the genius status he seems to get...

I thought that first big single had elements of "Extremes", "More than Words".

Kingokings204

Fantastic musician. Pure class by its opinion as always. I wouldn't question his skill on a guitar though.

To help change your mind, go on YouTube and type in ed sherran acoustic and one of the live or ruby seasions. Fantastic

fernandopartridge

Correct.

Nick

Administrator
Did anybody see that thing he did live where he recorded his guitar loops and his voice and was then playing them while he was singing to make the song?

rob9872

Dont really know too much to comment, but he has two sonhs out at the moment and my daughter advises 1st and 2nd on the charts. The one that did tge worst of the two (castle on the hill) is actually quite good ... imo of course!

Reactions: vow

dutchman

I've always hated him but the idea of him porking Taylor Swift makes me hate him even more!
2930C63000000578-3103321-image-m-20_1432944968489.jpg

vow

I've always hated him but the idea of him porking Taylor Swift makes me hate him even more!
2930C63000000578-3103321-image-m-20_1432944968489.jpg
His face tells its own story "I know I'm fugly, but i'm drilling this, who's the sucker now?~smugface~"

Rich

No, he was making the music as he played it.

He had a pedal to control it all.
Digging up an old comment, but that's the way he made all his earlier music. That's why he's so talented and not overrated as someone said earlier. Check Jack Garrett too he's mental when performing as he does it all himself.

ccfc92

Bit far fetched I know, but....

I played blackjack with him, and had a chat, really down to earth guy. Not arrogant and I got the impression he likes to keep a low profile, rather than be flashy.

His range of music is great IMO. I wouldn't class him as a "Marmite" musician like many in today's industry.

trevelfarandwide

What's that terrible remix of one of his songs, that keeps popping up on every single radio station?

Not a fan of his anyway, but that song gives my ears a nervous breakdown.

Users who are viewing this thread