Election 2015 (1 Viewer)

Ian1779

Have kept away from this thread during the election, there is enough arguing over on the SISU/Wasps/Council as it is. Now the dust has settled there is 1 viewpoint I read weeks ago that no one else seems to have picked upon,or considered.
That there is one leader who is more happy than Cameron that he won and that is Sturgeon,that the idea she wanted a 'progressive' (whatever that means) left alliance to lock Cameron out of Downing St was utter garbage.
His reasoning was that the SNP raison d'etre is independence , and that the best way of achieving that is a Conservative government, with little or no representation North of the border, and that every contentious decision would be presented as anti Scottish. Next year's Scottish elections would be run by the SNP on the need for another referendum to 'protect' Scotland against the 'wicked' Tories.
However if Labour had won but needed some kind of arrangement with the SNP, then despite all the anti austerity crap. the realities of office would have meant that unpopular cuts would have been needed, and that SNP would have suffered just like the Liberal Democrats. As he pointed out Greece elected a far left government on the promise of fighting austerity, and look what is happening there, huge capital outflows on the banks as people take flight, and a real expectation now that Greece will have to leave the Euro.
Sturgeon's daily rhetoric about locking Cameron out of Downing Street, was purely designed to drive English floating voters back to the Tories, and boy did it work.

On reflection - totally agree.

Brighton Sky Blue

Have kept away from this thread during the election, there is enough arguing over on the SISU/Wasps/Council as it is. Now the dust has settled there is 1 viewpoint I read weeks ago that no one else seems to have picked upon,or considered.
That there is one leader who is more happy than Cameron that he won and that is Sturgeon,that the idea she wanted a 'progressive' (whatever that means) left alliance to lock Cameron out of Downing St was utter garbage.
His reasoning was that the SNP raison d'etre is independence , and that the best way of achieving that is a Conservative government, with little or no representation North of the border, and that every contentious decision would be presented as anti Scottish. Next year's Scottish elections would be run by the SNP on the need for another referendum to 'protect' Scotland against the 'wicked' Tories.
However if Labour had won but needed some kind of arrangement with the SNP, then despite all the anti austerity crap. the realities of office would have meant that unpopular cuts would have been needed, and that SNP would have suffered just like the Liberal Democrats. As he pointed out Greece elected a far left government on the promise of fighting austerity, and look what is happening there, huge capital outflows on the banks as people take flight, and a real expectation now that Greece will have to leave the Euro.
Sturgeon's daily rhetoric about locking Cameron out of Downing Street, was purely designed to drive English floating voters back to the Tories, and boy did it work.

Lived in Scotland for 6 of the last 7 years and this was always her plan as the anti Tory rhetoric works wonders here. It doesn't matter that she was so disastrously wrong on oil and that 'austerity' has in fact not failed, she could say more or less anything and people here will vote for it. Generalisations of the English electorate will be all I hear about for the foreseeable future and I am concerned about the unionist prospects next year if they are being led by Jim Murphy.

Ashdown

Lived in Scotland for 6 of the last 7 years and this was always her plan as the anti Tory rhetoric works wonders here. It doesn't matter that she was so disastrously wrong on oil and that 'austerity' has in fact not failed, she could say more or less anything and people here will vote for it. Generalisations of the English electorate will be all I hear about for the foreseeable future and I am concerned about the unionist prospects next year if they are being led by Jim Murphy.

Of all the peoples in the world it is in fact the Scots that I lose all patience for, quite frankly I'm sick of their blatantly boring and unceasing hatred of the English ! Cut the cunts loose and boycott their goods, stop subsidising their shitty sectarian existence and let them wallow in their appalling weather and midges and miasma of misery !

Flying Fokker

Six of Clubs, Movement, surprise, hermit, soulmates

May 2030. An electric car breaks the silence as it ripples through the street of cobbles. Set back from the road is a very ordinary house. Test Match Special whispers in the shed. Nigel the hermit walks down the hill to collect his daily delivery of Kingfisher lager and Capstan cigarettes. A benevolent offering from the Indian landlord of the Six of Clubs pub. Apart from this luxury Nigel's is a life of independence. He is not in good health, his time alone has taken its toll and he refuses to use the NHS for treatment for his back injury.

Nigel once lived in Single Street, a hamlet in the London Borough of Bromley. His German wife Kirsten Mehr served him with divorce papers over a decade ago. They went straight on the open fire of course. Frau Mehr fully expects him to come walking through her door again. Although, currently the leader of UKIP, she baulks at the prospect of seeing him. For good reason too. To her, even in his own world he is a loose cannon.

2015 Surprise....The Conservative Party won the General Election by a majority. Wee Jimmy Krankie has taken over Scotland, Fan- Dabi - Dozi. David Cameron and Nick Clegg go their separate ways. They were never soulmates although they worked hard to stay together. Clegg realises he'd signed his own political death warrant the moment he entered a coalition government in 2010. The stench of shock lingers in the air as the parties re-build after the resignation of Milliband, Clegg and Farage. Paddy Ashdown still looks rather fearful although doing well in hospital after surgery on his rupture. This was no ordinary movement. He is now quoted as saying he wished he had eaten his words rather than Andrew Neill’s hat.

And what of the others? Too many to mention. Esther McVey the former Minister of State for Employment clicks her pen top as she leans on a desk in the Conservative Party offices, waiting to hear if she has a job in media. She contemplates her political comeback. She wears a sharp business suit and the lucky charm bracelet given to her by her grandchild on election day. If she wears it long enough, then surely something good will happen?

Labour MP Geoffrey Robinson was persuaded to stand again in this election. But he is now the subject of press speculation about others more youthful who are desperate to take his seat from him. Was this all part of the plan? Although Father time has been kind to Geoffrey, he would not be out of place if he were standing next to King Canute.

Ed Balls the former Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer has taken to sharing a bottle of Merlot with his wife Evette Cooper. He sips, withholds a sneer and then thinks about what could have been as he postulates whether 'she' will be running for the Labour Party Leadership. He finds it difficult to hide his emotions although his £88,000 golden goodbye may of course soften the blow. Mike O'Brien, continues to ghost around the Millbank headquarters of the Labour Party... No minimum wage for this tea boy. Already five years a slave.

So what of Boris Johnson the well-read Tory?, surely destined to become Prime Minister one day. He is to sit in cabinet meetings and will thus garner tiny snippets for his next book. Then, onwards and upwards to glory. Seemingly unstoppable.

Suddenly a snort, a cardboard dry throat, palpitations,gagging....For the Capstans, awake...pausing... He lights up.
'Must do something about this.' Hoping that his party needs him to lead again. Nigel is back.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Of all the peoples in the world it is in fact the Scots that I lose all patience for, quite frankly I'm sick of their blatantly boring and unceasing hatred of the English ! Cut the cunts loose and boycott their goods, stop subsidising their shitty sectarian existence and let them wallow in their appalling weather and midges and miasma of misery !

In the first few months I lived here someone showed me an advert that read 'I drank Irn Bru in 1966 but I don't keep going on about it'. I share your sentiments and whenever England are on at the pub I don't go anymore because most of the room will be cheering on the other side and it pisses me off.

I believe in the strength of the Union but the Scots have this persecution complex when actually they get the best deal.

Flying Fokker

I'm all for Scottish Independence. They deserve their own country. I hope they realise all their talent emigrated to England and are doing very well here.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm all for Scottish Independence. They deserve their own country. I hope they realise all their talent emigrated to England and are doing very well here.

Seems like the ill-defined North wants to join them. Funny how little some take to be persuaded.

skybluetom

It's been apparent for some time this is exactly what Sturgeon wanted. Stupid she ain't; with the Scottish elections coming they'll propose another referendum on the basis the Tories may take us out of Europe, which they'll probably win with Dave in office.

Users who are viewing this thread