Elvis out (1 Viewer)

Listening to CWR on the way home last night and yes the performance was utterly dreadful but Why on earth would people want him sacked? Anyone on here want him out? I'd be interested to know why? The mans a wizard and without the deduction we'd still be bang in the mix of the play-offs.

sky_blue_up_north

Really makes your wonder, how he even managed to get us mid table is a miracle

BrisbaneBronco

There is no doubt in my mind that Pressley will manage a Premier League club in the future. He is a breath of fresh air amongst all the doom and gloom.
Enjoy it whilst it lasts.

RoboCCFC90

I wouldn't worry about it to be honest these are the folk that said earlier in the season that the players didn't have to play with the fear of expectation at Sixfields because crowds weren't big enough, but soon after we started losing came back and said that we were losing because there wasn't enough incentive from the fans due to the lack of attendees.

75% of fans who going to Sixfields that I know Torchy and several others are quite sane and understand the situation however you have some people who are just thick frankly.

RoboCCFC90

I'm also a sixfields ST holder Robo

But your included in the 75% EGSB, you post on here with common sense, not drab ranting. There are some folk out there and admittedly it's a small minority that just love to moan.

Sub

To be honest i think its just another indication of how poor football in general has become, Everybody wants instant sucess if not sack the manager, lots of people want a billionaire owner and then pay players crazy amount of money each week, hedge funds or playboy owners can do what they want with the club no matter what the history and the govening bodies are a complete and utter joke, FIFA, FA, FL ect ect, money has completley ruined the working mans game and for me i no longer enjoy the game anymore i would rather go and watch kids football on a saturday or a sunday where they enjoy football for the sport and being with their mates.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Hang on a second, there isn't anyone surely who wants him out? Is there?

I think this place has its fair share of idiotic Coventry City fans and the fact none of us have called for him to be sacked shows how utterly mental it would be for anyone to think that.

Hang on a second, there isn't anyone surely who wants him out? Is there?

I think this place has its fair share of idiotic Coventry City fans and the fact none of us have called for him to be sacked shows how utterly mental it would be for anyone to think that.

Text after text on CWR "Pressley must go" "Pressley out" ect

mark82

As poor as we've been the last couple of games, and on and off since just before Christmas, sacking Pressley would be stupid. Would like him to come up with a plan B sometimes though!

Sterling Archer

Wow. I seriously hate a portion of our fans at times. Lets look at the situation Pressley finds himself in, at this club:
- Started the season with no more than 16 professional players;
- Under a transfer embargo;
- Off field shenanigans we all know about and have no need to explore further for the sake of this post;
- 10 pt deduction.

We aren't in a relegation battle at this stage of the season and throughout the majority of the season we have played some lovely passing and pressing football scoring more goals than I can remember in my lifetime watching Cov.

Some people need more realistic expectations.

Probably worth noting its not just Cov fans who are like this. You get a collective of these type of fans expecting countless trophies and winning every game regardless of stature and situation at every club to be fair.

ccfcway

Probably worth noting its not just Cov fans who are like this. You get a collective of these type of fans expecting countless trophies and winning every game regardless of stature and situation at every club to be fair.

Ha !

I can honestly say that I think the FA Cup win in 87 will be the only meaningful trophy CCFC win in my life time !.

I'd take a top 6 finish in any league, any year, let along "countless trophys"

The Gentleman

Listening to CWR on the way home last night and yes the performance was utterly dreadful but Why on earth would people want him sacked? Anyone on here want him out? I'd be interested to know why? The mans a wizard and without the deduction we'd still be bang in the mix of the play-offs.

I don't think that any Cov fan would want him gone considering the job that he has done so far. However, as a few have pointed out recently (myself included), he could sometimes be a bit more flexible in his approach to and in games and I think he could have done a bit better in the transfer market, this may be as a result of things going on above him and tying his hands somewhat (not wanting to start an argument). But all things considered and the constraints he has been working under he is doing a fantastic job and it is refreshing to see us play attractive football for a change. Like everything, he is just starting out really and hopefully with time (and backing) he will improve in the areas he needs to and he will see his vision through and get us into the Championship because that for me is when we will really see his brand of football come into it's own.

Because some people are stupid.

Steve.B50

I caught most of the CWR programme after the game on the drive back from Sixfields ( was on Hill). I do not know of one person who has suggested getting rid of SP, except Paul Marston ( psgm1 ).
I think its just the radio station trying to be controversial and vast majority of genuine fans would want to keep him as Manager, even if we were relegated.
He is the one good thing that has happened to our club in recent times.

Seaside-Skyblue

I think people are intolerant of mistakes from managers. What they forget is that we all make mistakes as we are human and we learn from them. Pressley is still young for a manager and is learning and its important we allow him to do that as we will be the ones that will benefit in the end.

SIR ERNIE

SP is clearly a very talented and highly motivational young manager. Qualities which will undoubtedly have already earmarked him as a target for clubs with more ambition and greater stability than his current employers are prepared to offer. So that'll be just about every other club in the FL then.

I'll lay anyone even money he'll be more gainfully employed elsewhere by the start of next season.

Noggin

It's hard to know if these people are stupid, on the wind up or just really ignorant to the situation.

If you listen to presley talk he acts like he has had good support from the club, so if you only go on that you can understand why some people think he is failing, the truth really is he has been in a completely impossible situation and has performed miracles, but assuming these people aren't wind up merchants it only makes sense if they don't understand what has happened.

letsallsingtogether

How true normally the fans that want a manager sacked are very vocal, I would expect them to phone up not texted?

Some one on the line of Grendel who has to bring up AT on every occasion possible.
I caught most of the CWR programme after the game on the drive back from Sixfields ( was on Hill). I do not know of one person who has suggested getting rid of SP, except Paul Marston ( psgm1 ).
I think its just the radio station trying to be controversial and vast majority of genuine fans would want to keep him as Manager, even if we were relegated.
He is the one good thing that has happened to our club in recent times.

Grendel

How true normally the fans that want a manager sacked are very vocal, I would expect them to phone up not texted?

Some one on the line of Grendel who has to bring up AT on every occasion possible.

That's interesting. Lets dig a few threads from the end of last season when Pressley was not as popular and see what my opinion was shall we.

As for thorn he was shit and should have been sacked. He would have been if the idiots in the corner didn't cheer every time he did his silly wave and seemed to view him as some kind of sisu anti-hero.

Only others manager recently I wanted out was Coleman but still make things up if you want to.

standupforcity

Pressley offers us some genuine hope for the future...if he went we may as well all pack our bags the way it is at the moment. There isn't a manager in the land who'd handle our situation any better...

ollyservetta

if elvis did go ,for wat ever reason ,you can be sure he would be in a new job and back for 3/4 of our best players before the start of next season ,

Users who are viewing this thread