England Cricket (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Thought we had a cricket thread but I can't find it. Absolutely dismal this morning from England. Started the day on 182-3 ended up 242 all out at lunch. Last 7 wickets went for 36.

I like Bell but I think he's going to have to be dropped, been in poor form for a year and showing no signs of improving. There's a few other candidates for the chop as well.

Think Australia playing as badly as they did in the summer has hidden how bad our team is a lot of the time.

lifeskyblue

Absolutely agree Dave. Some players like bell still picked on past glories. Also too often England get in a good position then collapse. Did it in the summer and were rescued by the bowlers but still doing it...last 7 wickets for 70 is not a winning recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stupot07

Agree, and also Ali isn't an opener. Cook likes batting on the sub continent but root is the only "go to" batsman who delivers a score 9 times out of 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Gazolba

The batting is the weak spot. Too many batsmen not making any runs but keep getting picked over and over again (Bell being the prime example). I'm just not sure we have enough good batsmen available but with the recent records of some of our batsmen, we need a change if for no other reason than to shake things up. Can anyone be worse that Bell?

stupot07

Pakistan have declared with a 490 lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

40/1 England win, 11/2 the draw, 1/7 Pakistan win.

The odds for the draw aren't overly generous given the circumstances.

Last edited:

stupot07

121/3 Bell out.

Gazolba

Whatever happened to Buttler and Stokes? They were hitting runs for fun and now struggle to get into double figures.

stupot07

226/7 broad 14 and Rashid 24

stupot07

Wood's gone 9 down 11 overs to go.

Grendel

wingy

What Is It about half five, Six O'clock over there now
Must be getting dodgy with the light.

stupot07

60 balls to go, light depending.

stupot07

54 balls to go

Gazolba

Not my comment but I thought it appropriate:

Ian Probert: Can England please stop being 'valiant losers' and try being 'really mean and heartless winners'.

lifeskyblue

Same could be said for England football and rugby. Also for ccfc. Yes if only the sky blues were ruthless winners, if only England football were mean winners instead of toothless also Rams and if only England rugby were as clinical as the All Blacks.
And as for the cricket....well we did turn over the Aussies in the summer and I'm still basking in that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stupot07

Some batsman woefully out of form. Ali isn't an opener, Bells out of form as is Buttler, who's keeping has been substandard.

Covstu

Well And truly dug in for their 2nd stint. Draw on this one methinks unless we can start taking wickets soon!

On on another note I got my tickets for the test next August at egbaston

chiefdave

Going to be a tough day tomorrow. Need to either bat all day or get another 238 with 8 wickets left (or 7 if Stokes can't bat). Can't see it happening.

Gazolba

What gets me is we so often have a batsman nicely poised to make a big score at close of play, then when I look to see the next day, they got a couple more runs and then were out.

Covstu

Another out of reach target. We just don't have the spin attack to unlock teams on those types of conditions

Gazolba

Why they keep picking Bell I will never know. Another duck. Must be being picked on his fielding skills.

Users who are viewing this thread