England Cricket (1 Viewer)

Otis

Not England related but some loon at the ECB has decided there will be no coin toss in the county championship next year. The away side will always get the choice to bat or bowl.
Eoin Morgan says he's all for it though.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Not England related but some loon at the ECB has decided there will be no coin toss in the county championship next year. The away side will always get the choice to bat or bowl.

Only get the choice to bowl first if not the usual toss will take place.

Very odd.

Last edited:

Gazolba

It sounds fairer since it evens it out for everyone over the season. Why let a random event influence the game? It's different when playing a limited game series, then I can see the coin toss is better.

Gazolba

What is this nonsense of the 'super over' in T20 ticket? England won, but shouldn't it have been either a tie or a Pakistan victory because they lost less wickets in the 20 overs? That would make more sense to me.

Gazolba

Fantastic over though, wasn't it. Especially after he had bowled utter shite beforehand.

Yes, you have to give credit to the captain for choosing him and giving him the instructions and the bowler for the fantastic execution.

Otis

WTF!!!

Tuned in yesterday to see us get to 317-5 and now just thought I'd have a quick look to see how we are doing on day 2 and I see we are 629-6 declared.

Unbelievable. I had to keep pinching myself and check I'm not dreaming.

258 for Stokes and 150 for Bairstow!

chiefdave

This test has sprung into life on the last day.

Eng 1st innings 629-6 dec
SA 1st innings 627-7 dec
Eng 2nd innings 85-4

Root's gone, always get nervous when he doesn't score big runs. Taylor (23 n.o.) and Stokes (2 n.o.) in at the moment. Then Bairstow, Ali, Broad, Anderson and Finn.

Otis

If they lose this it will surely rank amongst the most embarrassing defeats in the history of the game.

How can you lose when you declared on 629 in the first innings?

Stokes hopefully will sort them out.

callumeast

Finally a bit of life in the pitch and the ball. Happens to the best of teams. A flat, dull pitch, doesn't usually stay that way for the full 5 days. Durban was flat for some of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Finally a bit of life in the pitch and the ball. Happens to the best of teams. A flat, dull pitch, doesn't usually stay that way for the full 5 days. Durban was flat for some of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was he? Who cheered him up?

chiefdave

Back on after rain then off again for bad light. Looks like it could be it.

Too dark for anything but slow bowling so the theory goes if they do get the offer to come back out England can declare and put on the quicks and they'll be straight off again!

Running out of time / overs for any run chase now in any case.

Otis

A win on the cards?

South Africa now 35-5 and only 25 runs ahead.

Broad has 5-14.

Can't mess this up can we? Pitch is doing a lot now, so feel we need to bowl them out for less than a hundred.

Otis

Could be closer than you imagine. Pitch doing all sorts, so would expect us to lose a few wickets.

Should be victorious.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

Otis

Nope. Would expect us to lose maybe 3 or 4 wickets, but we should win easy.

Grendel

Could be closer than you imagine. Pitch doing all sorts, so would expect us to lose a few wickets.

Should be victorious.

We would win easily even if we reversed the batting order and Root batted left handed.

Gazolba

Brilliant catching by all accounts. Wish it was televised here. Is there any way to see video highlights?

PS. We need to sort out another opener to pair with Cook. Hales is useless.

Covstu

no chance of winning the last test and expect SA to declare at some point to have a full day bowling at us. Hopefully we can hold out for a draw and maybe some more 'bad light'

Gazolba

How predictable we would lose the last test and even with De Villiers making two ducks! Still we won the series which is an achievement.

callumeast

It does happen though. Always nice to win last test, of course, but when the pressure of the series is lifted, it happens more often than not.

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread