England V Slovenia (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I started to watch this and to be honest, I nodded off! Literally! Just as the first half was near the end. What a boring bloody game! Woke up as Rooney came on. This will be yet another tournament England will fail at. Still, I'm a Paddy so what do I care! Just sayin' like! ;)

Gazolba

Can someone please tell me what Rooney added in coming on. He gave the ball away, took corners that either did not clear the first defender or sailed over the last attacker. And his free kicks were absolutely useless. A total waste of space. He should never play for England again. It will be a miracle if we qualify with this shower. Only player who takes any credit is Joe Hart who saved us after a couple of shocking back passes that left him one on one.

stupot07

I was quite impressed with Slovenia, as poor as we were they played really well.

Some odd selections, I like wallcott, but these and Malta aren't the types of games that he will exploit space in behind. I thought we missed lallana's link up play. Sturrage is another striker that likes to drop deep so we often didn't have a proper focal point. Dier was dire. Well their whole team were Hart aside.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

4 points from the two hardest games in the group. Will certainly take that. Good job Hart was on form though. We had a poor first half, picked up in the second a bit. First time we have failed to win a qualifier for 37 months. Not a bad record really. Was bound to come to an end at some point.

tisza

this growing obsession with passing the ball around too much.
creates errors at the back - at times reminded me of some of our dodgy defending passes from last season and unnecessary passing giving away goals.
passing across the midfield when there is no forward movement doesn't help. the forward pass should always be the first option.
slovenia pressed us and moved the ball forward quickly rather than side to side and looked the more dangerous side because of it.
doesn't help having a forward as selfish as Sturridge either. really a poor decision maker at international and club level. no surprise he's not an automatic starter for Liverpool with their system..
don't see the point of having fast wide players if they are not actually going to take full backs on.

covcity4life

good win vs slovakia,fantastic performance vs malta, ok vs slovenia

we play some good stuff upfront now utilising intricate passing and pace. its nice to have 2 weapons

no need to panic.

Covstu

We were awful, created very little and were second best in most of the game. If they had a decent centre forward we would have lost by 2. Joe Hart was the only really shining light last night and our back four were all over the place. Dier lived up to his name also....

The team look devoid of confidence, they are second guessing every move they make and look nervous attacking. There seems to be no team spirit and certainly no leader on the pitch. Slovenia had a game plan and for once it wasn't to sit back and it worked.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I agree that Joe Hart played a blinder, but I also remember the words of my all-time favourite football manager, Brian Clough. He once said "If your goalkeeper gets the Man of the Match award, then the rest of the team played crap! Your goalie shouldn't have to work so hard!" (or words to that effect!)

Covstu

I agree that Joe Hart played a blinder, but I also remember the words of my all-time favourite football manager, Brian Clough. He once said "If your goalkeeper gets the Man of the Match award, then the rest of the team played crap! Your goalie shouldn't have to work so hard!" (or words to that effect!)
absolutely right

scroobiustom

could be worse, could be scotland!

what a shower of shite they are - good ol' strachan

W

westcountry_skyblue

we play some good stuff upfront now utilising intricate passing and pace. its nice to have 2 weapons

no need to panic.
I think if you were on the titanic and Captain you would still say no need to panic !! We are shocking atm.
No different from Hodgson in play wise!!

covcity4life

we were on fire vs malta. could have had 6

we will qualify. its alla bout the tournaments. give southgate some time to mould the team how he sees fit

Liquid Gold

At least the international break is over now and we get the high intensity, attacking and winning football of Coventry city

I need a drink

M&B Stand

I think if you were on the titanic and Captain you would still say no need to panic !! We are shocking atm.
No different from Hodgson in play wise!!

This. We are no better off than at the euros. Over playing the same narrow, rudderless brand of football.
Scotland may be awful, but they'll never have a better chance of a result against England than at Wembley next month.

vow

Played 7-a-side last night, so missed the game, sounds like I dodged a bullet!

Just watched the highlights, we were lucky to draw.

SkyBlue_Bear83

no need to panic.
Your joking right? We were average against Malta, even if were in your opinion fantastic its irrelevant as they are a pub team. It's like saying we put in a fantastic against San Marino.

Otis

I thought we were just okay in the first half against Malta, but then cluelessly powder puff in the second half.

Terry Gibson's perm

A boring game to go with the boring manager, if that penalty misser gets the job it says everything about yes men working for the fa.

lifeskyblue

Dreadful up front, in midfield and defence. Only hart and possibly Rose come out with any credit. We lacked ideas and leadership making similar mistakes again and again. The amount of times we lost Possession trying to play out from the back was frightening and any decent team would have cashed in. Up front Walcott did nothing and sturridge seemed to always take the wrong option. Don't start me on set plays,,,abysmal is too kind a word to use...I have never seen so many wasted corners and free kicks...worse than I can ever remember City playing so that is bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread