England v Uruguay (1 Viewer)

turlykerd

My son said to me last night "dad why do we bother with this crap watching the City and England ?"
I didn't really answer him but today I thought it is a bit insane.

i was just thinking exactly the same ...both my teams being eroded from the top down !

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Roy Hodgson has told the squad that they get to play Iceland when they get home.
If they win, they get to play Tesco and then Sainsbury's! :whistle:

Otis

Football players do annoy me sometimes.

Absolute, stonewall, clear cut pen for France and yet the Swiss players surrounding the ref pleading injustice.

Clear pen. 100%.

Otis

Good God the Swiss defence is being carved apart.

Opening up like the Red Sea. Really like watching Sunday pub football. Brilliant from France, but the Swiss? Dear me.

bringbackrattles

i was just thinking exactly the same ...both my teams being eroded from the top down !
I was thinking today I've had a bellyful of all this rubbish as my club gets me down as do my national team.
But come the new season I'll be going to away games and listening to them on the radio,like I say it's nuts !

SkyBlue_Bear83

Good God the Swiss defence is being carved apart.

Opening up like the Red Sea. Really like watching Sunday pub football. Brilliant from France, but the Swiss? Dear me.

They'd still give us a good game, we'd let them have time on the ball and dictate the game and not really test out there weak defense. Get a 0-0 draw or grind out a 1-0 win with a scrappy goal. Then the pundits will call it the best defensive performance from an England team in the last 15 years and Hodgson would be given a new 4 year contract.

Brighton Sky Blue

Football players do annoy me sometimes.

Absolute, stonewall, clear cut pen for France and yet the Swiss players surrounding the ref pleading injustice.

Clear pen. 100%.

Not a chance Otis. Never a penalty and justice restored when it was missed.

Brighton Sky Blue

you've got to love the Scottish fan trending today and interviewed on the news.:jerkit::slap:

They are insufferable whenever England are playing at anything. 5 years living here and it pisses me off as much as the first time someone told me England fans spoke about 1966 at every opportunity. It's a bizarre obsession.

Otis

Just watched it again 3 times, Brighton. Absolute nailed on penalty all day long. Took his legs.

Brighton Sky Blue

Just watched it again 3 times, Brighton. Absolute nailed on penalty all day long. Took his legs.

I've done the same thing and have no idea how you come to that conclusion. Very soft decision, just as bad as Brazil's on day one.

Otis

I've done the same thing and have no idea how you come to that conclusion. Very soft decision, just as bad as Brazil's on day one.

All I can say then is that you are crazy in the coconut.Cle

Clearly takes the players legs. Think you are on the wind up. ;)

100% penalty. Clear as day. I suggest you freeze frame it. The defender takes the player first and is nowhere near the ball. Stonewall.

Brighton Sky Blue

All I can say then is that you are crazy in the coconut.Cle

Clearly takes the players legs. Think you are on the wind up. ;)

100% penalty. Clear as day. I suggest you freeze frame it. The defender takes the player first and is nowhere near the ball. Stonewall.

If you freeze frame Brazil's it looks like one too. Watch the incident in full and the contact is minimal-very, very soft decision.

Otis

Clarence Seedorf:

"I'm not sure England had enough belief to beat Uruguay. You could see it in the way they celebrated Wayne Rooney's goal. It was such a big goal for England: the equaliser in the match and Rooney's long-awaited first goal at the World Cup, yet the England players didn't celebrate it together.

This was odd as it was very much a team goal, yet the England players looked relieved rather than ecstatic. The breakthrough should have been celebrated as a team and the celebration should have displayed a determination to go on to win the match.

For me, that incident was an indication of the emotional and mental state of the team."

I certainly didn't pick up on that in the game, but does he have a point perhaps?

Paxman II

I found myself agreeing with Seedorf on some occasions and disagreeing with him on others. This one has no real momentum for me.

England started the game poorly allowing the oppo to get involved. They struggled with decision making, who to pass to, where to pass, movement not there and seemed a little at sea due to the change in tactics and personnel positions which disrupted the team. I said all along Rooney does not fit in. His presence up front in this game ruined Sturridge's game, unbalanced Stirling's game who looks to connect with Sturridge and we dropped deeper in this game than before, again not suited to Sturridge and Stirling - our main threat, all for accommodating Rooney in his preferred position?
Now if Rooney was Messi, a truly world class player then I would accommodate him because given one chance he will deliver. Point in case against Iran. Rooney spurned chances and that is one reason we are out.

Users who are viewing this thread