English options for Ljungberg (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Ljungberg_2500088.jpg
Freddie Ljungberg could be on his way back to England in the New Year, with a number of offers on the table.
The Swedish midfielder needs no introduction to Premier League followers, having starred for Arsenal and West Ham over the course of a glittering 10-year spell.
In 2008 he set off for pastures new, with MLS outfit Seattle Sounders luring him to America.
Since then he has also spent time with the Chicago Fire, with whom he is contracted until January.
Ljungberg is set to end his adventure Stateside, though, and is setting his sights on securing a return to Europe.
He admits there has already been plenty of interest in his services and has not ruled out the prospect of taking in a second stint in England.
"Not much has happened so far," the 33-year-old told Sky Sports News.

Options

"My contract is up in the New Year, so I have to stay there for now. I will then look at my options and see what happens.
"I have got to look at the different offers, there are lots of clubs that are interested in different leagues from across Europe and in England.
"I want to look at them and consider them when it gets closer to January, because I am not allowed to play until then anyway. Then I will see what I want to do.
"I will do the old trick of putting the pluses and the minuses against each other and see what happens."
Ljungberg is confident he could handle another shot at the Premier League, as he has shaken off the niggling knocks which have held him back in the past.
"Unfortunately I had some hamstring issues in the last few years," he said.
"They said my hip was injured, well broken, when I got to America so they did a big surgery on that and since then I haven't had any problems with my hamstrings."

Users who are viewing this thread