Euro 2016 - England's group (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

retweeted by BBC C&W Sport

The FA ‏@FA 6m

ENGLAND Group COMPLETE: England, Switzerland, Slovenia, Estonia, Lithuania and San Marino #Euro2016

J

Jack Griffin

And the rest...
BhKE5Y3CIAEs7wq.jpg

Otis

We can't bugger that up can we?

That's like Coventry City playing Rochdale, Sutton United and King's Lynn.

mark82

Should be simple. Don't about 3 qualify now?

From Wikipedia:

The group winners, runners-up, and the best third-placed team (with the results against the sixth-placed team discarded) directly qualify to the finals. The eight remaining third-placed teams contest two-legged play-offs to determine the last four qualifiers for the finals.

ccfcway

ROI have a great chance as well !. NI have to improve their current home form, but a great draw for them. Scotland will fall short due to ROI and you have to say Wales could do it

chiefdave

They should have a pre qualifiers tournament for the lower teams and keep the number in qualification down. They could do it over the summer as those teams won't be in the world cup. Just makes the qualification process drawn out and uninteresting.

When do the actual fixtures get announced? Think the FA are going to have to drop ticket prices quite a bit to fill Wembley for these games.

CraigCCFC

i actually think ROI will struggle in both games against Scotland , Scotland are better now under Strachan , if they can beat Croatia they can beat ROI for sure

ccfc92

surely only switzerland are the only team to worry about?

does anyone ever get the feeling that following England is the same as CCFC?

NottsCov

surely only switzerland are the only team to worry about?

does anyone ever get the feeling that following England is the same as CCFC?

We need to do something this year to reignite that England passion. Watching England at home in a qualifier is so dull. The away games bring a bit more excitement, and then the actual tournament just brings disappointment. I'd love an italia 90 type WC, a battling and exciting tournament to make us proud for once.

ccfc92

We need to do something this year to reignite that England passion. Watching England at home in a qualifier is so dull. The away games bring a bit more excitement, and then the actual tournament just brings disappointment. I'd love an italia 90 type WC, a battling and exciting tournament to make us proud for once.

agreed. unfortunately I only just remember 98 onwards. Sounds familiar with my recollection of CCFC :facepalm:

also, why are France hosting AGAIN?

NottsCov

agreed. unfortunately I only just remember 98 onwards. Sounds familiar with my recollection of CCFC :facepalm:

also, why are France hosting AGAIN?

Well I was only 2 for Italia 90 like... But me old man sat me through the Italia 90 video that much growing up that I might as well have been there! I didn't even know they were hosting it until today, 2 tourneys in 18 years the jammy bastards

ccfc92

Well I was only 2 for Italia 90 like... But me old man sat me through the Italia 90 video that much growing up that I might as well have been there! I didn't even know they were hosting it until today, 2 tourneys in 18 years the jammy bastards

our 2018 or 2022 world cup bid was dismissed, so that was 52 or 56 years since England held a competition. That's my point about France :/

Covstu

we might as well pack up and go home if we cannot top that group!! Scotland have a difficult group again!!

Macca

I had a brilliant knowledge of world cups up until about 2002 then I would struggle to even remember the winners

yes first time, Danny Higginbottom is going to play for them.

Do you qualify to play for them if you've visited The Rock on a day trip from Marbella? In which case put me down for right midfield as there can't be many other contenders!;)

I thought the inclusion of San Marino was always a bit absurd but Gibralter lol!:rolleyes:

CJ_covblaze

Another chance to go to San Marino. Talin's also a cracking City break. Should be fun!

wingy

Sorry 4 the wet blanket but I just can't
seem to get the vibe with It anymore
The Hype, the French domination of Eufa,the game Invented here with the most widely spoken language being subjegated to second place.
Even on the been today the guy. at the head of Britain's Winter Olympic efforts, described as Chef decided Mission,
Ranting here but what's wrong with good old Anglo -Saxon
I honestly at this moment In time prefer to watch the England Rugby team and If they're not careful that will be ruined by TV and money.

Last edited:
Sorry 4 the wet blanket but I just can't
seem to get the vibe with It anymore
The Hype, the French domination of Eufa,the game Invented here with the most widely spoken language being subjegated to second place.
Even on the been today the guy. at the head of Britain's Winter Olympic efforts, described as Chef decided Mission,
Ranting here but what's wrong with good old Anglo -Saxon
I honestly at this moment In time prefer to watch the England Rugby team and If they're not careful that will be ruined by TV and money.

Wingy, couldn't agree more mate. Sad innit.

wingy

Wingy, couldn't agree more mate. Sad innit.
It's just like a massive junket for guys In suits
How can It be so In 2014 I could understand If. It were 100yrs earlier
Its a prohibitive closed shop full of self serving,corrupt over rewarded fiddlers,who over complicate and duplicate everything who expect to be allowed four runs at office or patted on the back for the right of succession
The IOC Is just the same, I cant Imagine anywhere In the real world where such structures exist, apart from politics of course.

SkyblueBazza

It's just like a massive junket for guys In suits
How can It be so In 2014 I could understand If. It were 100yrs earlier
Its a prohibitive closed shop full of self serving,corrupt over rewarded fiddlers,who over complicate and duplicate everything who expect to be allowed four runs at office or patted on the back for the right of succession
The IOC Is just the same, I cant Imagine anywhere In the real world where such structures exist, apart from politics of course.

...because as you rightly eluded to previously - it's not about the sport anymore. It's about how the sport can make money.

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread