Expectations (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

We can't expect some crazy miracle from Robins. He is a bang average manager.
First time round he was very lucky that DMC was on fire and then he was intelligent enough to get the hell out of here once it was about to go to rat shit. (fair play to him).
Huddersfield were not overly impressed. Scunthorpe fans were pleased when he was sacked.
Even Grimsby fans didn't want him when he was linked with them before we got him!!!
There is a myth that he did some minor miracle with us. That really wasn't the case.
Let's just hope he can bring some organisation to this farce in time to get us a great day out at Wembley.
If he does that then he will have achieved big time.

dongonzalos

Miracle ?.

surely we just want him to try and compete in league two ?

Not sure how for a club of our size that can be called a miracle

No the miracle apparently was his managerial genius first time round with us ( it wasn't ).
He is just a normal manager. I didn't expect any result today against Bradford due to the Mark Robins affect.
Bradford are benefiting from the good running of the club by their owners, from whom our owners could learn a lot.
You should expect CCFC to win league 4 by a country mile.
However under the stewardship of SISU if we stay in it, Robins will have done well.

rob9872

This season is dead. The saving grace for us, is that he has time to assess who is up for the fight and will help us achieve next season. I baCk him to get it right.

JulianDarbyFTW

I don't know one single person who genuinely believed we could stay up. No-one is expecting a miracle. Re: DMC, it could be argued that Robins was instrumental in his form - look at Hazard's displays last season, when he didn't play for his manager.

Robins could be good, bad or indifferent, but for most managers it sometimes just clicks. Look at Slade as the most recent example - the overwhelming belief is that he was dogdirt for us, but he has 2 manager of the year awards elsewhere. We can only keep our fingers crossed that Robins and CCFC are the dream ticket; after all, all that we have left is hope.

Gazolba

What do you expect him to achieve in a week? He inherited a rock-bottom team. He'll be better than Slade, Venus or Pressley and probably as good as Mowbray.
This season is over. Let's see how we do next season in L2. We'll have a vastly different squad. Everyone worth anything will be sold and we'll draft in cheaper players.

rupert_bear

Christ let's give the bloke a chance ffs! We will see what he's made of in the summer when spending all this extra budget Fisher has suddenly promised assembling a competitive side to storm division two. For me he's a new broom who apart from from anything else will take no crap from just about the most incompetent and untrustworthy chairman in football.

NortonSkyBlue

Yes its much too early to make any judgement of Robins. However I would expect to see progress by the end of the season with a view to hitting the ground running next season.
Next season is possibly the most important in the history of our club. We either reverse the slide and rebuild both on and off the pitch or we head for the abyss.

singers_pore

I am not expecting any progress. I am expecting more cost cutting, a fight against relegation from L2 and inevitably the lowest ever position in our league history. Robins is full of bs just like Fisher, lots of empty statements in his interviews lacking any kind of substance. Time to get angry!

dongonzalos

I am actually managing expectations. It's hailed as some great manager to bring in.
There is nothing special about Robins. He is just a normal average manager who got lucky with us first time round then got out before it turned bad.
So hopefully by the end of this season I just want him to try and make this lot into a team that may win at Wembley.
I also still want him there next season and for a few seasons after that.
I am concerned that some think he is some great manager and will be calling for his head when he doesn' turn things around this season and when we are not storming division next year

SkyBlueScottie

First 1/2 showed that he had got some organisation in, everybody knew what they were doing, we were competing with them and the work rate was decent. 2nd half we made a mistake from the corner, then our heads dropped. He showed in that 45 mins that he had done a far better job than Slade had previously done.

stupot07

Only an idiot would call for his head of we don't have a massive turnaround this season.

As for dropping lucky with DMC, I remember doing some stats back then looking at the results with and without DMC and highlighting this point. You'd also argue that mowbray was an average manager who got lucky with Armstrong and Murphy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rockdude101

I want a decent performance on pitch at Wembley. Not to be embarrassed by a thumping on the big stage.
I expect a comfortable win for Oxford, with more headlines for the crowd protests against SISU.
I want a stable season next year, slowly rebuilding the team and developing a confidence for 18/19 promotion push.
I expect a relegation struggle next year as we don't sign targets and make do with loan signings who just don't cut it again.

Otis

Only an idiot would call for his head of we don't have a massive turnaround this season.

As for dropping lucky with DMC, I remember doing some stats back then looking at the results with and without DMC and highlighting this point. You'd also argue that mowbray was an average manager who got lucky with Armstrong and Murphy.

Very, very fair point indeed.

I don't think you can just point at one individual player ane put down any good fortune to them.

Robins did a very good job here last time. I could see a clear difference. We were more disciplined, better organised, harder to beat and played with spirit and belief.

Don't think we can at all judge him in this season as none of these are his players.

However, I do think we will see an improvement though.

This team has struggled all season long and clearly is not good enough.

5 wins in 36 matches. Silly goals and mistakes constantly killing us and not nearly enough chances created up the other end of the field.

Mistakes one end and not scoring the other is a recipe for disaster.

Grendel

I am actually managing expectations. It's hailed as some great manager to bring in.
There is nothing special about Robins. He is just a normal average manager who got lucky with us first time round then got out before it turned bad.
So hopefully by the end of this season I just want him to try and make this lot into a team that may win at Wembley.
I also still want him there next season and for a few seasons after that.
I am concerned that some think he is some great manager and will be calling for his head when he doesn' turn things around this season and when we are not storming division next year

Lol you still resent the fact that he replaced thorn and saved the club from the wreckage that moron left behind.

Grendel

Mcgoldrick was a laughing stock before he arrived here. Mcgoldrought as fans derided him.

His career after departing has been pretty mediocre as well.

So it's clear having robins as manager and the style of play worked for him so to dismiss that as lucky is nonsense.

He inherited a basket case of a club where players training regimes and plans were non existent. He was hugely influential in turning a dire situation round into a successful season prior to his departure.

italiahorse

Who is expecting a massive turnaround this season?
I thought, just for a few hours, that Robins would be a saviour.
Then I went to the match and realised we are in exactly the same situation we have been all season.
Inexperience and no desire.
Keep the kids and get rid of the rest as soon as possible.
If they are on loan send them back now.

italiahorse

Mcgoldrick was a laughing stock before he arrived here. Mcgoldrought as fans derided him.

His career after departing has been pretty mediocre as well.

So it's clear having robins as manager and the style of play worked for him so to dismiss that as lucky is nonsense.

He inherited a basket case of a club where players training regimes and plans were non existent. He was hugely influential in turning a dire situation round into a successful season prior to his departure.

Generally agree.
I think the usual moaners had a go at taking on McGoldrick initially but at the end of the day we all enjoyed him being here.

dongonzalos

Except you don't drop luck when you were the one who signed the player and yes only an idiot will call for his head if we don't get a turn around for the rest of this season AND hit the ground running next season. Watch this space for the idiots. I however will saying we need to keep him and for once in our sorry lives we need to give a mangers 3-4 years to bring in his own style, players and ethos from top to bottom. 15 or 16 managers in 15 or16 years is not acceptable

stupot07

Except you don't drop luck when you were the one who signed the player

Have to disagree there, signing any player is a gamble, some work and some don't, so there is always an element of luck, especially so when you're signing untried academy youngsters.

And whilst I agree we need a long term manager, robins will rightly be under pressure if we're languishing in thr bottom half of the table next season, although we can probably absolve him of some blame if NOPM kicks in and we're left with crowds of 5-6k

dongonzalos

This was the team he inherited in division 3, when he performed his 'miracle' last time

Joe Murphy - probably the best keeper at that level at that time
Jordan Clarke - a good enough Right back for division 3
The Edge - proven to be not good enough.
Richard Wood - played above that level after that season
Chris Hussey - proved at Bury he was good enough at that level.
Baker we all have seen what he went onto do at MK Dons a top midfiekdecat that level at the time
Jennings - average at that level
DMC - had started to score and scored a wonder goal before Robins came. Was a striker that was well above that level at that time.
Cody - who proved he was good enough at that level consistently scoring 1 in 3 after leaving us.

He added
Adams
Moussa
Bailey

All good signings
He signed about 3-4 poor signings.

He didn't do too bad in what he inherited.

As I say average Mansger we shouldn't expect miracles this season or next and hope he gets 3 years

covcity4life

So when we are shit its cos manger is shit

And when we are good its cos manager is lucky

You dongon made yourself look silly!

Paul Anthony

I can't subscribe to the theory of him being lucky last time. Having good players is one thing. The manager still has to set up the game plan to get the most out of them. That's a managers job isn't it?

You can have a team of good players but if a manager is not any good at setting the team up to get the best out of them, then those good players are less effective.

Look at what McGokdrick had as a record before he arrived. Would hardly say his form was anything special. But here, under Robins he was in fine form. Because Robins set up the team to get the best out of him.

covcity4life

Id say look at first hakf yesterday. We were better than bradford who sre going for autos.

Had we had someone betyer than vernon cutting in or hitting cross shots maybe wed have scored etc

Vernon just a e.g

Grendel

This was the team he inherited in division 3, when he performed his 'miracle' last time

Joe Murphy - probably the best keeper at that level at that time
Jordan Clarke - a good enough Right back for division 3
The Edge - proven to be not good enough.
Richard Wood - played above that level after that season
Chris Hussey - proved at Bury he was good enough at that level.
Baker we all have seen what he went onto do at MK Dons a top midfiekdecat that level at the time
Jennings - average at that level
DMC - had started to score and scored a wonder goal before Robins came. Was a striker that was well above that level at that time.
Cody - who proved he was good enough at that level consistently scoring 1 in 3 after leaving us.

He added
Adams
Moussa
Bailey

All good signings
He signed about 3-4 poor signings.

He didn't do too bad in what he inherited.

As I say average Mansger we shouldn't expect miracles this season or next and hope he gets 3 years

Hussey, Jennings, Ejuingele, McDonald were poor players that would never be considered good standard league one players.

Your comment regarding Murphy is typical of you with no evidence to support.

Clarke rarely played well for the club and Wood is a ten a penny defender.

Mcgoldtick was a flop until robins turned him into a goal scorer at this level.

This thread is comedic nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread