"Extra training for Reece Brown" (1 Viewer)

shepardo01

This was mentioned on the radio today..... and this story is from COV MAD.

Extra Training For Reece Brown

By Covsupport News Service
Updated Saturday, 25th August 2012.

Brown stays behind to get role right
Coventry City loanee Reece Brown is staying behind for extra training, the CT has revealed.
To make sure he was au fait with playing at right back against Sheffield United, Brown worked after training with Coach Richard Shaw.
Speaking to the CT's Alan Poole, City boss Andy Thorn said: "He was totally professional about it. We asked him to do a different job and he wanted to make sure that he was as well prepared as possible

hasn't worked very well has it!!???

Surely a professional football player should not need this........

Saw him against Nuneaton, Sheff Utd and today...... he is a prime examle of somebody in football who has gained a break on the back of his family name. He is not even a footballer, let alone a defender! I have not seen a player at any level of football, down to Midland alliance level, mis control so many balls or play the ball out of play so often. His positional play is shocking, playing at both centre half and full back and today he was constantly caught out all over the place, more often than not drifting INSIDE Malaga!!!

Should have attacked the ball and headed away for second goal...but was static and allowed a smaller player in front of him to head in....:facepalm:
Hate to criticise players, especially younger ones supposedly learning the game, however he is costing us. Players should develop through youth football and into senior football if deemed good enough....i struggle to see what anybody has seen in him unfortunately...:thinking about:

Is this a case of Man Utd signing him on a long term contract aged 17 or so, and seeing their mistake and farming him out????

I hope he proves me wrong and is just having a bad spell..... but i just cant see it im afraid....

Was left very deflated .....yet again today.....

PVA

He was very good against Dagenham in his NATURAL POSITION.

I agree he was rubbish today, but Jordan Clarke or Chris Hussey would be terrible at centre back, as an example.

Grendel

I feel sorry for him. Out of position in a formation that forces full backs to attack and defend in equal measure.

stupot07

I feel sorry for him. Out of position in a formation that forces full backs to attack and defend in equal measure.

Cyrus Christie is a centre back...he did ok, as has wood when he filled in at left back.

Loads of posters bigged him up as a utility player, saying he can fill in at right back, left back and in the holding role. The most disappointing thing about his last two performances (he was also shaky at CB vs Yeovil) is his inability to do the basics, for example passing a ball to a team mate.

WestEndAgro

Stick him on the bench... problem solved

I agree, he was shocking first half, and not much better second, it is blatantly clear that he can't play right back, but more worrying is the fact that he struggled with the basics i.e. Passing, first touch, heading etc
I feel Jordan Clarke would have made a big difference today, let's hope he is fit soon !

Mucca Mad Boys

He was very good against Dagenham in his NATURAL POSITION.

I agree he was rubbish today, but Jordan Clarke or Chris Hussey would be terrible at centre back, as an example.

I see your point, but Brown came in as a VERSATILE play ABLE to play ANYwhere across the back 4 and DM, so that excuse does not cut it. Period.

Mucca Mad Boys

That's modern football for you! Sorry you're still stuck in thekick and rush days, where footballers were selected because of size, not ability (like they do in Rugby!).

Grendel

That's modern football for you! Sorry you're still stuck in thekick and rush days, where footballers were selected because of size, not ability (like they do in Rugby!).

What the modern football that has left us without a win in 10 and a win ratio the worst since 1917?

Are you enjoying it? I'm not.

Grendel

Win ratios. The calibration tool of the fool. Continue to use it...

People on here are calling for the clueless ones head who have always supported him.

You are beginning to sound like a broken record. Or worse Canute holding back the tide of inevitability

I'm feeling a little bit sorry for you especially after you little dig at half time.

Never bet on the clueless one to deliver MMM you will be disappointed every time.

Mucca Mad Boys

What the modern football that has left us without a win in 10 and a win ratio the worst since 1917?

Are you enjoying it? I'm not.

We would've got relegated regardless of formation we played.

Also, if Thorn is such a bad manager... Shouldn't a manager like Tisdale, Abbott... be able to pick up our current system and work wonders?

I think a big problem, this season and the last with Thorn is some of his tatics are contradictory.

pusbccfc

CYRUS CHRISTIE IS NOT A CENTRE BACK!

People only presume that due to what it says on fifa.
In fact Cyrus played up front till about 16 then moving wide, then dropping back.

Users who are viewing this thread