Fan Q&A (1 Viewer)

Skybluefaz

Nothing in my Coventry City lexicon is able to bring me to be confident about being promoted, however, my thoughts are surely we should be able to trouble the upper echelons at this level. As you say, we also seem to have done decent business with more promised to come in. Good luck to you chap.

ajsccfc

I refuse to be optimistic because I've been burned too many times. Even if we're somehow being presented with the league title in May I'll be waiting for someone from the EFL to wander in with video proof of us tampering with the opposition's boots or something.

CovBurty

For me it's promotion first time of asking or the club is finished. So, good to see Robins getting players early to replace the rubbish we had last year. My only worry is if Robins does a runner or gets a better offer, if this nightmare comes true then City are deffo finished. (with current owners).

chiefdave

For me it's promotion first time of asking or the club is finished.
I'm not convinced we're going straight back up but I agree if we don't do it first time things will get worse. Season ticket sales will drop every year and we'll end up at the Butts or Nuneaton in front of small crowds.

steve82

I'm not massively confident of first time promotion at this stage but I do expect us to be flirting with the play offs at the very least after the first two months adapting to league two

I do however expect us to actually achieve promotion by the end of our second season in league two.

That could be too late for many fans tho I fear or if we don't have a good run in to end the 17/18 season with a lot of the squad brought in on 2 year deals.

Add in the uncertainty around the Ricoh it adds more pressure to bounce back this year for the sake of the fan base.

Gabriel S

I'm not massively confident of first time promotion at this stage but I do expect us to be flirting with the play offs at the very least after the first two months adapting to league two

I do however expect us to actually achieve promotion by the end of our second season in league two.

That could be too late for many fans tho I fear or if we don't have a good run in to end the 17/18 season with a lot of the squad brought in on 2 year deals.

Add in the uncertainty around the Ricoh it adds more pressure to bounce back this year for the sake of the fan base.

Do you think there could be a takeover in the next 12 months?

better days

One way of looking at the backing MR has been given by the owners is maybe they are fattening it up ahead of a sale
The silence from the consortium and Fisher lately might be another sign that something is afoot
Maybe just wishful thinking though

steve82

I'd really like to hope so but it's too hard to call. If I could tap into the minds and workings of sisu I'd not be working nights in my current job!

We're constantly told why would sisu sell at the bottom of the cycle, so you'd think they are not likely the sell while we're in league two.
That said as the previous poster said leaked talks or bids have gone quiet is that due to negotiations or just both parties are at stalemate in estimations or stance on any takeover.
This summers recruitment has been massively different in terms of 2 year deals being handed out to 8/9 new players so far as oppose to being heavily reliant on the loan system like the last few seasons. Is this a case of a push for promotion with a list of contracted players to bulk up the backing of sisu's value of the club who knows.

What we do know is it's a massive 12 months ahead in terms of where we play in 18/19 season.
Will sisu opt to sell and run while we're in a play off push leaving them not responsible to do any deal at the Ricoh or do just that and agree a longer rental or worse case move us from Coventry again to ground share with another local side.

better days

I'd really like to hope so but it's too hard to call. If I could tap into the minds and workings of sisu I'd not be working nights in my current job!

We're constantly told why would sisu sell at the bottom of the cycle, so you'd think they are not likely the sell while we're in league two.
That said as the previous poster said leaked talks or bids have gone quiet is that due to negotiations or just both parties are at stalemate in estimations or stance on any takeover.
This summers recruitment has been massively different in terms of 2 year deals being handed out to 8/9 new players so far as oppose to being heavily reliant on the loan system like the last few seasons. Is this a case of a push for promotion with a list of contracted players to bulk up the backing of sisu's value of the club who knows.

What we do know is it's a massive 12 months ahead in terms of where we play in 18/19 season.
Will sisu opt to sell and run while we're in a play off push leaving them not responsible to do any deal at the Ricoh or do just that and agree a longer rental or worse case move us from Coventry again to ground share with another local side.

It could be that a deal would be for an amount payable now (or possibly in instalments) plus additional amounts in the event of promotion from League 2, then League 1 then a much larger amount if promoted to the Premier League within say 10 years

Leaving MR with a squad capable of the first promotion would make sense
Again, I have no information but the recent silence and early backing for MR may indicate something is happening
But don't hold your breath

Users who are viewing this thread