Fans Today (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

Very nice of you and I genuinely appreciate that.

The owners are my biggest issue and the whole 'match day experience' is another in fact they are the only 2 reasons the division the clubs in never bothered me.

I've had enough of the over the top hostile treatment from the moment I arrive at the turnstiles, I've fed back to the club numerous times this season, nothing's changed, in the grand scheme of life etc it's not a massive issue I appreciate that but it grinds my gears.

In simple terms I'm an unhappy customer, I've got the season ticket money burning a hole in my pocket but It seem I will take it elsewhere.

After last week where the stewards kept out of the way and didn't feel the need to rub my body (I can't really work out what they are searching for) it does show how over the top the stewarding is but this could be the London side trying to make it a miserable thing to visit so people go and watch them instead.

My argument is with the owners I bought a season ticket believing they were going to make an effort and I think they have just taken the piss.

eastwoodsdustman

Supporters that were there today really got behind the team. But, less than 10,000 turned up when tickets were £10 and £1 and after last weekends turnout I think it shows that the Coventry public are up for a day out rather than to support the team.

italiahorse

Supporters that were there today really got behind the team. But, less than 10,000 turned up when tickets were £10 and £1 and after last weekends turnout I think it shows that the Coventry public are up for a day out rather than to support the team.
I think the Coventry public want to join a run of success.
If they think there will be a successful end product (Promotion/Cup) they will be there
These days people have a good choice of what to do at weekends.
People want to believe there is a chance of success before going. Similarly a smaller stadium will dash aspirations of success and keep them away

joemercersaces

I've been going since 1969 and that was some of the loudest and most prolonged vocal support I've ever heard despite the crowd being half or a third what it once was. Posh fans and players expecting a flat home atmosphere must have wondered what hit them. Got in and immediately grassed up by the kids (15 and 18) for joining in with "swearing songs" so bollocked by the mrs!

Terry Gibson's perm

I think the Coventry public want to join a run of success.
If they think there will be a successful end product (Promotion/Cup) they will be there
These days people have a good choice of what to do at weekends.
People want to believe there is a chance of success before going. Similarly a smaller stadium will dash aspirations of success and keep them away

The people of Coventry want their football team to be successful yes,the stadium will make no difference in fact a smaller stadium may get the fan base more excited than the current one certainly if it gets changed.

italiahorse

The people of Coventry want their football team to be successful yes,the stadium will make no difference in fact a smaller stadium may get the fan base more excited than the current one certainly if it gets changed.

My opinion is that if we move to a 12,000 seater stadium we will loose a lot of older fans due to their aspirations of getting back to where we belong.
I have yet to see the positives of moving to a small stadium over the Ricoh.

Terry Gibson's perm

My opinion is that if we move to a 12,000 seater stadium we will loose a lot of older fans due to their aspirations of getting back to where we belong.
I have yet to see the positives of moving to a small stadium over the Ricoh.

Providing it is in the city or nearby why would people stop away, a smaller ground closer to the pitch with a more intimidating atmosphere for the opposition, losing older fans is better than not keeping and gaining younger ones.

italiahorse

Providing it is in the city or nearby why would people stop away, a smaller ground closer to the pitch with a more intimidating atmosphere for the opposition, losing older fans is better than not keeping and gaining younger ones.
I guess if you don't know where we come from you won't miss it.
Sounds as if some like it bumping along the bottom just watching 'the lads at any level.
Not knocking it, but it's not for me.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

I could put up with it not being the Ricoh (although yesterday proved it doesn't have to be soulless - that is just a mindset), but I don't see the benefit (medium or long term) of it being a 12k stadium. Makes a poor statement of intent for the future. If it were nearer 25k fair enough. Trouble is - who is going to build it....and when? Hence I struggle to look past staying where we are. If Wasps and SISU don't sort something out, I fear we're off out of the City again (please see other threads !!!!)

Steve.B50

Maybe because the other half are pensioners and small children.[/QUOTE

Oh ok, Sorry was not aware if under 16 or over 60 you can't sing of get involved.
The kids and oldies near us we're loving the atmosphere

Apathy is part of our culture and some just can't be bothered.

Steve.B50

I am another not renewing but I am wavering all I need to see is the owners making an effort and I could change my mind and make the effort myself

Understand your thoughts but my concern is will be all promises again.
They could start by going public and giving Robins the final money now saying that's the start.
i just do not trust anything our owners say, they just don't care.

Terry Gibson's perm

They could start by going public and giving Robins the final money now saying that's the start.

The next morning after the win when my brain kicks in I think I will not renew as I can't trust the owners I did last year and look where that got me.

We should have the biggest budget in division four by miles but the idiot talks of top eight.

Mcbean

Thing is yesterday everybody enjoyed themselves singing , the chances , screaming at the ref and winning - why would you not want to do that again - get your ticket for next season , it's the football not the politics , will be there - job done

italiahorse

Thing is yesterday everybody enjoyed themselves singing , the chances , screaming at the ref and winning - why would you not want to do that again - get your ticket for next season , it's the football not the politics , will be there - job done

Agree, get your ticket but take every opportunity to voice your opinion to make sure Sisu know what they need to do to keep us attending.

Last edited:

KG7

Very nice of you and I genuinely appreciate that.

The owners are my biggest issue and the whole 'match day experience' is another in fact they are the only 2 reasons the division the clubs in never bothered me.

I've had enough of the over the top hostile treatment from the moment I arrive at the turnstiles, I've fed back to the club numerous times this season, nothing's changed, in the grand scheme of life etc it's not a massive issue I appreciate that but it grinds my gears.

In simple terms I'm an unhappy customer, I've got the season ticket money burning a hole in my pocket but It seem I will take it elsewhere.

What over the top treatment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Probably the patting down of 60+ year olds, some of whom are struggling to stand on 2 legs, let alone instigate a riot! I keep having my season ticket checked in case I've bought a 'junior?' Doesn't bother me, but I can see how it might irk (especially when you have paid and are turning up to watch questionable entertainment - before recent turnaround, off course!!)

clint van damme

the problem is if they do that agents will start asking for bigger wages.It's a catch 22, albeit one entirely of their own making.

italiahorse

Probably the patting down of 60+ year olds, some of whom are struggling to stand on 2 legs, let alone instigate a riot! I keep having my season ticket checked in case I've bought a 'junior?' Doesn't bother me, but I can see how it might irk (especially when you have paid and are turning up to watch questionable entertainment - before recent turnaround, off course!!)

Oy. I'm over 60 and I can still be a yob if I want to be. Just safer to do it online these days ;)
Mind you they search me every time and have never found my Monocular which is the size of a large smoke bomb.

italiahorse

Over 10k whilst rooted at the bottom of division 3.
It does make you wonder what the aspirations of our owners if they are even considering for the future that a 12k stadium would be sufficient
This time next year I expect to be pushing for straight promotion with crowds of 20,000 plus.

dongonzalos

This time next year I expect to be pushing for straight promotion with crowds of 20,000 plus.

If we are in the top two playing good football we will have more than 12K and that is in division 4.
It really does worry me. Their solution it seems is what's best for them not this club.,

Terry Gibson's perm

Even If that's Nuneaton?

I can only give my view and I think Nuneaton is acceptable (partly as I will be able to walk to the ground;)) it's still a cv postcode, I would be happy with L Spa Warwick etc as well, obviously I would rather been in the city but not at all costs.

The issue we have is wherever it is with these awful owners it will be difficult to be anywhere near successful.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Constant pat downs by staff who have told me they don't know what they're looking for.

Seeing children searched, seeing OAP's bags picked through, 1 incident I mention a lot but 3 stewards going through a lady I would say around 80, her bag contents being pulled out and dropping to the floor (seagulls in chip wrappers is how I described it to the club).

No manners or politeness, when wanting to touch me (yet Wembley the stewards were very polite and friendly, not difficult to do!).

Having my ticket checked 2/3 times outside then in.

Fans being told at the top of block 20 "you don't show me I will have you thrown out" the stadiums less than a quarter full for this game in question.

Fair enough if you don't deem it over the top but myself and I think many others do and are getting fed up of it.

wingy

My first experience of it was the MK game where they successfully caught 20 fraudsters on concession tickets, value £2K.
Well done!

clint van damme

My first experience of it was the MK game where they successfully caught 20 fraudsters on concession tickets, value £2K.
Well done!

probably the same people who moan about sisu taking money out of the club and cutting budgets.

wingy

probably the same people who moan about sisu taking money out of the club and cutting budgets.
Could be CVD but that was where it started for me.
I went home, over the top, unnecessary IMO in relation to value, needed to be targeted, inconvenience to the whole fanbase.

clint van damme

Could be CVD but that was where it started for me.
I went home, over the top, unnecessary IMO in relation to value, needed to be targeted, inconvenience to the whole fanbase.

I agree about the stewarding and I've complained to the club about it before, but grown men going in on kids tickets pisses me off to be honest.

Terry Gibson's perm

Constant pat downs by staff who have told me they don't know what they're looking for.

Seeing children searched, seeing OAP's bags picked through, 1 incident I mention a lot but 3 stewards going through a lady I would say around 80, her bag contents being pulled out and dropping to the floor (seagulls in chip wrappers is how I described it to the club).

No manners or politeness, when wanting to touch me (yet Wembley the stewards were very polite and friendly, not difficult to do!).

Having my ticket checked 2/3 times outside then in.

Fans being told at the top of block 20 "you don't show me I will have you thrown out" the stadiums less than a quarter full for this game in question.

Fair enough if you don't deem it over the top but myself and I think many others do and are getting fed up of it.

Thank you I did wonder what I was being checked for and it seems nobody knows maybe they just like rubbing my body.

Users who are viewing this thread