Fantasy Football 2013-14 (1 Viewer)

Sky Blues

Anyone out there playing Fantasy Football on the Premier League website?

I have created a Sky Blues Talk league as last year's does not appear to have been renewed. No money at stake, just glory - like old school football.

PM me if would like the code to join. I won't post it in the public domain as I got the sense there was a few non-Coventry City folks taking part last year.

Sky Blues

Okay, so I am going to post the code for the league here and hope for the best. I'm going to try to take a break for a bit from worrying about things I'll clearly never be able influence in the slightest so I didn't want anyone to miss out on the code if I don't see their PM for a while.

The league code is: 787008-196041

Bit ironic that the game is all about moving names and numbers around eh? Cheers. :wave:

Sky Blues

Thought I'd give this a bit of a bump given the other thread on the other bit of the forum.

After two weeks The Only CCFC leads the way on 145 points, four points ahead of the fabulously named Eboue-merang, which itself is four points ahead of two other teams.

Three of the top four teams have Robin van Persie. Personally, I'm trying to go without, but is that going to be a viable strategy in the long term?

scroobiustom

Being the 4th place team and having no RVP as i am! (bully for me!)

My strategy...i'll tell you when I'm lifting the imaginary trophy at the end of season...should have created a pool for the winner :(

My sob story:

I went without RVP for GW 1, intending to recruit him with my wildcard in GW3.

The team looked much better without RVP but none of them lived up to the pre season hype and of course RVP got a brace against Swansea.

So I play my wildcard earlier than I want to in GW2 and bring in RVP. What happens? The players I got rid of after GW1 all do well in GW2!

I'd switched to RVP, Lambert and Benteke after a haul 12, 7 and 18 in GW1 and all three got only 2 pts in GW2! Ridiculous.

Not bitter at all of course...

Sky Blues

Plenty of time left to turn it around Ginetta. Like you, at the start of the season (before the bargains emerge from the woodwork a la Michu last season) the rest of the squad did look so much better on the screen without RVP. And it would have been a nightmare if Bale wasn't off to Real Madrid. Apart from a couple of players I'm fairly content with my team at the minute - even though I'm currently languishing 13th in the SBT league.

The idea of bringing Benteke in after his blank did flick through my mind, but then I felt a bit disgusted with myself for considering bringing in a Villa player. I'm too pragmatic when it comes to FPL to say "I'll never bring in a Villa player", but they'll probably have to be twice as good as the alternatives to stand a chance. After all, we all want to challenge Scroobiustom and the other leaders for that imaginary trophy!
:laugh:

scroobiustom

haha, bring it on....

i personally think the way to go is not strikers but each to their own and we will see how comes out on top (very much doubt it will be me!)

Sky Blues

Can anyone beat my genius transfer this week? I removed Gylfi Sigurdsson after he was dropped for Spurs' last game, was facing a price reduction and was up against competition from new transfer window signings. So, of course, who should score a brace today? Gylfi Sigurdsson.
:facepalm:

scroobiustom

I um'ed and ar'ed about ramsey.....decided go on then why not...boom!!!! :)

My work colleague transferred out Ramsey at the last minute this morning. D'oh.

Silva and possibly Sturridge out for me this week. Lampard didn't play either. And this is the best week I've had so far!

Sky Blues

Congratulations to Aston Gorilla on winning the Sky Blues Talk Fantasy Premier League mini-league by a large margin. Aston Gorilla finished in the top 2,500 worldwide, 150 points ahead of Diehard Si's team, which was the SBT mini-league runner-up. I recovered from a mediocre start to the season to put Si under pressure but he stayed 5 points ahead on the final day, leaving me with bronze. A small posse of teams were not far behind in places 4-6.

Thanks to all the teams that took part. I think I'll leave it to someone else to organise next year as I don't log in here as often anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread