Far Cry 4 (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Anybody else got this / played this? Had a couple of hours on it last night but struggling to get into it.

Not a patch on GTA,Assassins creed black flag or TLOU :(

Marty

Bought it on release, still haven't opened it. Heard quite a lot raving about it, but I've had GTA to keep me occupied.

Covstu

a lot of people said it was quality, I got it for chrimbo but have AC, Dragon age and COD also. I have not opened any, still playing destiny!!!

Nick

Administrator
Gonna try and battle through it to get into it tonight. Even if I am just shooting wild animals!

Nick

Administrator
Like it a bit more now after playing it for longer, smashing elephants into stuff and sniping eagles!

Nick

Administrator
Managed to get into it, completed it last night :)

(The storyline, I'm not going to go around finding every item as I can't be bothered)

Nick

Administrator
I'd never played Far Cry 3, I might have a look for it for a bit of a different storyline!

Otis

Not quite related and usually don't blow my own trumpet, but there is a new PS4 game, The Order.

The girl singing Silent Night on the trailer is my little un.

[video=youtube_share;YuqBW0FLjL8]http://youtu.be/YuqBW0FLjL8[/video]

Otis

How did she get the gig??

Game looks good also!!

She's quite the performer and is with a top casting agency.

She also got this gig .... recently been doing the rounds for about 3 months ...

[video=youtube;mvnGXL1HMvo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvnGXL1HMvo&list=UU_eLa7V-7nNa9ZvGBkr2cpQ[/video]

wingy

Great stuff Otis
You've obviously all put a lot of effort in and are now seeing the fruition.

Otis

Great stuff Otis
You've obviously all put a lot of effort in and are now seeing the fruition.

Thanks Wingy!

Yes indeed, lot of effort and I even gave up my job to whizz her all round the country, the little minx.:D

I am very lucky really cos she is very humble and doesn't brag about it at all, not even to her friends, but she has now done 7 feature films and 6 tv ads.

The films are all really big films, but she has only featured as an extra so far. Well, some of them as a semi-featured extra apparently.

She's done Cinderella with Helena Bonham-Carter and Cate Blanchett, Macbeth with Michael Fassbender, Heart of the Sea with Chris Hemsworth, Pan with Hugh Jackman, Adam Jones with Bradley Cooper, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies with Matt Smith and Sam Riley and now just done The Devil's Harvest with Terence Stamp.

I am now offically an FTC. That's a Full Time Chauffeur! :)

None of the films are out yet, so whether we get to see her or not I don't know.

Nick

Administrator
Bloody hell, fair play Otis :) Must be proud!

As long as she stays away from games like GTA!

Off topic I know, but how does it work when kids need to swear in films etc? I know you posted about inbetweeners but you see some kids in films obviously encouraged to swear and stuff but how does that work?

Otis

Bloody hell, fair play Otis :) Must be proud!

As long as she stays away from games like GTA!

Off topic I know, but how does it work when kids need to swear in films etc? I know you posted about inbetweeners but you see some kids in films obviously encouraged to swear and stuff but how does that work?

My little un had to swear once. It was for a tv ad audition. She got a recall and got down to the final 2, but didn't get the job. That was an ad for a Swedish recycling company though. The Swedes are pretty laid back about such stuff I think and she had to say 'Listen here you little shit! to her dad.

I told her it was just a word. If the script had been littered with swear words I don't think I would have let her audition.

Basically Nick, they send you the script and ask you if you are comfortable doing it or not. You have a choice.

Don't know whether you watched any of that mess of a show with John Simm in lately? Intruders, where he had to play an American. Pretty awful show, but I kept watching cos one character was a 10 year old girl (same age as mine) and she had to say pretty much every swear word under the sun and some not very nice things about paedophilia too. I was very surprised at that to be honest, but she was supposed to be the reincarnation of a paedophile adult male.

You do have a choice, but then I guess people want the parts. I would be very uncomfortable with very adult scenes for my daughter and lots of explicit language. This tv ad is the only time she has had to swear.

Otis

If you recall, Jodie Foster played the part of a prostitute in Taxi Driver and she was only 12 at the time.

Can't see that I would approve such a thing, but guess you have to see the script and the context.

wingy

My little un had to swear once. It was for a tv ad audition. She got a recall and got down to the final 2, but didn't get the job. That was an ad for a Swedish recycling company though. The Swedes are pretty laid back about such stuff I think and she had to say 'Listen here you little shit! to her dad.

I told her it was just a word. If the script had been littered with swear words I don't think I would have let her audition.

Basically Nick, they send you the script and ask you if you are comfortable doing it or not. You have a choice.

Don't know whether you watched any of that mess of a show with John Simm in lately? Intruders, where he had to play an American. Pretty awful show, but I kept watching cos one character was a 10 year old girl (same age as mine) and she had to say pretty much every swear word under the sun and some not very nice things about paedophilia too. I was very surprised at that to be honest, but she was supposed to be the reincarnation of a paedophile adult male.

You do have a choice, but then I guess people want the parts. I would be very uncomfortable with very adult scenes for my daughter and lots of explicit language. This tv ad is the only time she has had to swear.

Now it's strange Isn't It ,although I didn't follow It avidly I thought It was a pretty decent Drama and Simm played the Yank quite well.

Otis

Now it's strange Isn't It ,although I didn't follow It avidly I thought It was a pretty decent Drama and Simm played the Yank quite well.

Each and every to their own, Wingy. I just found it a complete mess and Simm underused. He's one of my favourite actors, but he seemed rather lost in this I felt and the script to me seemed plodding and confused.

Users who are viewing this thread