Favourite TV Programmes 2016 ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

For me Planet Earth 2 was the best programme of the year. It is awesome and has you gripped from start to finish. Also Peaky Blinders is gritty and edge of the seat drama. And loved the re runs of Peter Kay's Car Share comedy at its best. Any other suggestions ?

clint van damme

For me Planet Earth 2 was the best programme of the year. It is awesome and has you gripped from start to finish. Also Peaky Blinders is gritty and edge of the seat drama. And loved the re runs of Peter Kay's Car Share comedy at its best. Any other suggestions ?

Tried to get into Peaky blinders a couple of times and couldn't. Finally managed it this year and caught up to series 3, absolutely love it now.
Agree about Planet Earth as well.
Enjoyed Narcos on Netflix.

lifeskyblue

Certainly planet earth 2 was one of the best. I'm new to amazon prime so have just finished man in high castle first series...thought that was great.
Liked the Hollow Crown and liked the soap style dickens right at start of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

As I'm usually half cut on Saturday nights like Match Of The Day on Sunday nights which shows highlights of Saturdays Premier matches !

Johnnythespider

The Missing, by a country mile, which I believe is the same as any other kind of mile just a bit more scenic.

lifeskyblue

I'd say the Missing too, not much else had me on edge watching it.

Line of duty was also up there!

Yes line of duty was gripping...until the daft finale...Vicky McClure running miles and faster than a car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Daz

The night of and westworld

Game of thrones: Battle of the bastards was an amazing piece of television

chiefdave

Westworlds up there. I'm a huge X-Files fan so loved having that back. Was the OJ Simpson thing this year?

Red Dwarf was on form, pretty much all the Marvel shows and Preacher.

And Inside No 9 is back next week so I can sneak that in to 2016.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Westworlds up there. I'm a huge X-Files fan so loved having that back. Was the OJ Simpson thing this year?

Red Dwarf was on form, pretty much all the Marvel shows and Preacher.

And Inside No 9 is back next week so I can sneak that in to 2016.
Apparently inside no 9 is a Christmas themed episode to start the series

Mark pemberton and Reece sheersmith are untouchable when it comes to dark humour

clint van damme

I bet I'm the only person on the planet that's never seen Game of Thrones. I'll have to watch it as it seems to be unmissable.
your not the only one BBR.
Me and the missus keep meaning to start it but have never got round to it either.
I'm a little dubious because I'm not a big fan of fantasy or sci fi.

torchomatic

Car Share. I like a lot of history stuff and BBC4 had some great stuff on this year.

torchomatic

I bet I'm the only person on the planet that's never seen Game of Thrones. I'll have to watch it as it seems to be unmissable.

No, I haven't either. My 14 year old self would have loved it. Can't get into dragons and talking squirrels and stuff nowadays.

torchomatic

That's a shame because talking squirrels are one of the best features of Game of Thrones. ;)

To be honest I don't know if that is true or not!

Nick

Administrator
I didn't think I would like Game of Thrones at all to be fair, but once you get past the brother shagging the sister scene and the dwarf at it with prostitutes you don't notice the dragons.

think we binged through about 4 or 5 a night to catch up.

stupot07

Anyone watching This Is Us? Only just started really. Very good.
Yeah, only watched the first episode, but thought it was refreshingly good and that all characters have a charm and redeeming feature about them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

stupot07

The Missing, Line of Duty (despite the sillyness at the end) and Westwood.

bringbackrattles

I didn't think I would like Game of Thrones at all to be fair, but once you get past the brother shagging the sister scene and the dwarf at it with prostitutes you don't notice the dragons.

think we binged through about 4 or 5 a night to catch up.
Brother shagging his sister,and a dwarf bonking prostitutes ? Sounds like it's set in Leicester then ?

mrtrench

Brother shagging his sister,and a dwarf bonking prostitutes ? Sounds like it's set in Leicester then ?

Police in Leicester found a cannabis farm & smuggled heroin; £200k of stolen goods; people trafficking and over 15 guns in a house behind the public library.

Local residents were shocked: "We didn't know we had a library".

wingy

Police in Leicester found a cannabis farm & smuggled heroin; £200k of stolen goods; people trafficking and over 15 guns in a house behind the public library.

Local residents were shocked: "We didn't know we had a library".
It was a distraction crime
They were all out at the kingpower! :'(

Sky_Blue_Daz

I can't recommend game of thrones highly enough

I was never really into fantasy tv programmes but it's fantastic
2nd only to The Sopranos in my opinion.

And there's some stunning women on the show

stupot07

what's it about?
Edit. Wrong show..

Its about a group of people who happen to share the same birthday and their lives become connected, I really don't want to say too much more as I don't want to spoil it. But it is refreshing that all the characters have a level of depth and likeable qualities and have not been made into any stereotypes. I've only watched the first episode so far, but really enjoyed it, and surprisingly the missus did too.

Last edited:

stupot07

was on about this is us mate. Looking for something to binge on over Christmas.
I've heard the night of is good, anyone seen it?
I've re edited the post now. Not seen the night of but its on my to do list, my work mates have been raving about it, said its brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread