Favourite TV Programmes 2016 ? (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

I've Watched a couple of brilliant documentaries on Netflix

Kung fu Elliot
What happened to Jonny (which was quite harrowing)
I am not your guru ( which is about an American financial advisor/lifestyle coach )
Give them a watch lads
There's feck all else on tonight apart from outnumbered

Otis

Witness for the Prosecution on the Beeb?

The film was absolutely brilliant. I have it on record at the moment. Think the film was 1952. Marlene Dietrich, Tyrone Power and Charles Laughton. A real classic court room drama.

If it is half as good it will be great. This one has Toby Jones

Captain Dart

dutchman

Don't forget it's the return of Jonathan Creek tonight at 9.00pm on BBC1:
What_time_is_the_Jonathan_Creek_Christmas_special_on_TV_.jpg

What time is the Jonathan Creek Christmas special on TV?

stupot07

Witness for the Prosecution on the Beeb?

The film was absolutely brilliant. I have it on record at the moment. Think the film was 1952. Marlene Dietrich, Tyrone Power and Charles Laughton. A real classic court room drama.

If it is half as good it will be great. This one has Toby Jones
What did you think?

On a site note, this Xmas has been the worst for TV that I can remember.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

It has.

Only watched Doctor Who (very good), Would I Lie to You Christmas special (not so good) and Witness for the Prosecution (a bit meh!)

Only thing I am looking forwards to now is Sherlock on New Years Day.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Otis

What did you think?

Bit too grimy for me. I love the classic film, so maybe my judgement is clouded. Directed by Billy Wilder, who made Some like it Hot and with a great cast.

Much more courtroom tension and drama and much more stylish. It was a great rollicking ride.

I found this one dark and dismal (deliberate I know) and it lacked the great characterisations of the movie. The Leonard Vole was a much stronger character, the wife (Marlene Dietrich) had much more depth and the defence barrister was a real hoot and cantankerous old git, but amusing to boot.

This lacked the humour and style for me.

bringbackrattles

Five live this afternoon on the radio were looking back at t v programmes of this year. My favourite Planet Earth 2 was highly rated and to many the best by far.
The most scary scene was in Planet Earth 2 the one featuring those evil racer snakes. Got the most hits online and if anyone hasn't yet seen it and likes spooky stuff you won't be disappointed !

Nick

Administrator
Five live this afternoon on the radio were looking back at t v programmes of this year. My favourite Planet Earth 2 was highly rated and to many the best by far.
The most scary scene was in Planet Earth 2 the one featuring those evil racer snakes. Got the most hits online and if anyone hasn't yet seen it and likes spooky stuff you won't be disappointed !

I do love a documentary and wildlife shows. It's amazing how you can feel really sad about a bird's egg being broken and it can affect you so much. Can sit and watch a show about torture, murder and it be really graphic but that bird sat on her broken egg trying to make it hatch did me.

It's a bloody egg broken at the end of the day, but the way it is done with the music and camera work it makes it seem a bit more!

Last edited:

stupot07

Bit too grimy for me. I love the classic film, so maybe my judgement is clouded. Directed by Billy Wilder, who made Some like it Hot and with a great cast.

Much more courtroom tension and drama and much more stylish. It was a great rollicking ride.

I found this one dark and dismal (deliberate I know) and it lacked the great characterisations of the movie. The Leonard Vole was a much stronger character, the wife (Marlene Dietrich) had much more depth and the defence barrister was a real hoot and cantankerous old git, but amusing to boot.

This lacked the humour and style for me.
I've not seen the film, so I quite enjoyed it. I think it would have been better as a one off 2 hour programme as I felt the tension built but then was ruined by having to wait a day. I quite like dark programmes so that didn't bother me. Will have to check out the film, sounds good.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

I can watch a wildlife programme until an animal kills another animal for food. Then I switch off. Upsets me.

Nature can be very cruel and for me I just can't stomach seeing a lion ripping a gazelle apart or a snake devour a mouse etc.

I am always rooting for the prey to get away.

Nick

Administrator
I can watch a wildlife programme until an animal kills another animal for food. Then I switch off. Upsets me.

Nature can be very cruel and for me I just can't stomach seeing a lion ripping a gazelle apart or a snake devour a mouse etc.

I am always rooting for the prey to get away.

Things like deers and lions doesn't bother me too much, it is more when it is a parent and a puppy for example.

Same with vet programs when a pet dog has to be put to sleep, always get something in my eye for those.

Think it's understanding now being a parent, and experiencing going into a vets with a pet and going home without it. :( Marley and Me is a good example, it's like torture watching stuff like that but could sit and watch a bloke get waterboarded all day long.

Otis

Things like deers and lions doesn't bother me too much, it is more when it is a parent and a puppy for example.

Same with vet programs when a pet dog has to be put to sleep, always get something in my eye for those.
Yep, can't watch vet programmes either.

I hate to see a deer being killed, or a gazelle, or a meercat, or a mouse or a rabbit, or a bird, or a monkey, or a dolphin, or a ......

Think you get the picture.

Upsets me greatly. :( Shame cos I love wildlife programmes up until that point.

Nick

Administrator
Yep, can't watch vet programmes either.

I hate to see a deer being killed, or a gazelle, or a meercat, or a mouse or a rabbit, or a bird, or a monkey, or a dolphin, or a ......

Think you get the picture.

Upsets me greatly. :( Shame cos I live wildlife programmes up until that point.

Think it depends on nature or not, it must be hard for the camera crews or people to not do anything. Especially if it's like a Tiger cub and a pack of hyenas killing it and they just stand and watch, but they can't help because it's nature isn't it.

Programs like Supervet are generally happy endings, but I always wonder how much it is to put a false leg on a dog and keep it there for months for rehab.

bringbackrattles

The crew on Planet Earth when filming stopped put turtles in the sea which wandered off track following lights, these lights were from houses etc,so they got confused.Viewers wanted to know why cameramen/crew could stand and watch and not help.
So they revealed what they did to appease people who got distressed watching this episode. Yet Attenborough was not pleased as he believes you should never interfere with nature/wildlife, no matter how cruel it can be. Who's right then ?

Nick

Administrator
The crew on Planet Earth when filming stopped put turtles in the sea which wandered off track following lights, these lights were from houses etc,so they got confused.Viewers wanted to know why cameramen/crew could stand and watch and not help.
So they revealed what they did to appease people who got distressed watching this episode. Yet Attenborough was not pleased as he believes you should never interfere with nature/wildlife, no matter how cruel it can be. Who's right then ?

I'm not sure, I can understand why you have to let nature take it's cause sometimes but I don't think I could stand and watch certain things when I know full well I could help.

With turtles getting confused and going the wrong way I can understand it, but then do you stop animals from eating other animals where it is their way of life and their food?

bringbackrattles

I'm not sure, I can understand why you have to let nature take it's cause sometimes but I don't think I could stand and watch certain things when I know full well I could help.

With turtles getting confused and going the wrong way I can understand it, but then do you stop animals from eating other animals where it is their way of life and their food?
The crew said because the lights were man made they felt justified in helping the turtles.
I've been watching the whole series on DVD and it can be horrific. Its made me realise this planet is very violent and animals/nature do what they have to just to survive.

Nick

Administrator
The crew said because the lights were man made they felt justified in helping the turtles.
I've been watching the whole series on DVD and it can be horrific. Its made me realise this planet is very violent and animals/nature do what they have to just to survive.

I can understand that bit if it was a turtle just making a mistake like that, I'd probably do the same if I could.

Although it has got to the point at home where I am not allowed to hoover up a spider without everybody falling out with me, I wouldn't go that far!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Inside No 9 was genius.
Yeah I'm a huge fan of their work, preferred psycohville to League of Gentleman

Some of the episodes of inside number 9 are brilliant in particular the "quiet night in" episode

But also as individuals they are worth watching in whatever they do

Otis

I always try and help an animal. A fox might try and kill my chickens and I would try and prevent that, but at the same time I would try and help a distressed or injured fox that might be preyed upon itself.

I used to have cats and I would often be trying to save birds they had in their mouths and did so successfully on a number of occasions.

Nick

Administrator
I always try and help an animal. A fox might try and kill my chickens and I would try and prevent that, but at the same time I would try and help a distressed or injured fox that might be preyed upon itself.

I used to have cats and I would often be trying to save birds they had in their mouths and did so successfully on a number of occasions.

It's different with your animals being attacked though, I'd happily kill a fox or something if it was trying to kill one of my pets.

The most we had was dogs catching frogs :(

Otis

To be honest though, that is a bit bollocks isn't it, because we do interfere to stop animals becoming extinct. When it suits we interfere with nature.

If we believed to never interfere we would just let nature take its course wouldn't we? And I am not just talking in terms of human interference that has caused decline in numbers, we set out to save species for all sorts of reasons.

That IS interfering with nature.

bringbackrattles

To be honest though, that is a bit bollocks isn't it, because we do interfere to stop animals becoming extinct. When it suits we interfere with nature.

If we believed to never interfere we would just let nature take its course wouldn't we? And I am not just talking in terms of human interference that has caused decline in numbers, we set out to save species for all sorts of reasons.

That IS interfering with nature.
I think Attenborough means when an animal is in danger from another animal,let it take it's course. As I said before I watch many nature/wildlife programmes and the animal world ticks over just like ours does in spite of all the savagary etc. Planet Earth is a great series but it's not all cuddly little bears,there's violence and gore,so it reflects the human world then.

Otis

I think Attenborough means when an animal is in danger from another animal,let it take it's course. As I said before I watch many nature/wildlife programmes and the animal world ticks over just like ours does in spite of all the savagary etc. Planet Earth is a great series but it's not all cuddly little bears,there's violence and gore,so it reflects the human world then.
Yeah. In the human world it is the Chicago Bears, Game of Thrones and Al Gore.

Otis

I notice Channel 4 have a Britain's best loved sitcoms programme on tonight. The Beeb did one a few years back, so it will be interesting to see how this one compares.

Also anyone interested in and going to watch the Peter Cook and Dudley Moore missing sketches thing tonight too? Again on C4. 8pm.

Otis

I notice Channel 4 have a Britain's best loved sitcoms programme on tonight. The Beeb did one a few years back, so it will be interesting to see how this one compares.

Also anyone interested in and going to watch the Peter Cook and Dudley Moore missing sketches thing tonight too? Again on C4 8pm.
Oh, just noticed the sitcom thing is a repeat.

Will still catch the Pete and Dud thing mind.

Terry Gibson's perm

I agree with Attenborough let nature take its course and if he he has a big lion ready to eat him let it crack on.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Modern Family

Mainly because of Sophia Vergara

Users who are viewing this thread