Fed up of your mobile going to answer machine before you can answer it? try this! (1 Viewer)

Skyblue4u

incoming calls go to voicemail before you can answer the phone? Its a common issue where many calls are missed because the default timeout is 15 seconds which is too short for many people. This is a guide to easily change the time before your mobile diverts the call to voicemail from anything from 5 to 30 seconds.

Just follow these steps:

1. Enter *#61*11# and press Send/Talk on your phone.
2. Write down the number your calls are currently forwarded to. This is your voicemail deposit number.
3. Decide how long you want the phone to ring in 5 second intervals. The maximum time is 30 seconds. I have mine set at 25 seconds.
4. Now enter **61*[number from step 2]*11*[number from step 3, use 2 digits]# and press Send/Talk.

Example: **61*441234567890*11*25# Then press Send/Talk

This will now change your default ring time before voicemail answers to 25 seconds. To test if it was successful, enter *#61*11# and press Send/Talk for the new value.

Otis

Yep. pees me off big time.

Never seem to get to my phone in time.

I'm with Virgin and on their website it says you have to pay a fee if you want your phone to ring for longer.

Otis

incoming calls go to voicemail before you can answer the phone? Its a common issue where many calls are missed because the default timeout is 15 seconds which is too short for many people. This is a guide to easily change the time before your mobile diverts the call to voicemail from anything from 5 to 30 seconds.

Just follow these steps:

1. Enter *#61*11# and press Send/Talk on your phone.
2. Write down the number your calls are currently forwarded to. This is your voicemail deposit number.
3. Decide how long you want the phone to ring in 5 second intervals. The maximum time is 30 seconds. I have mine set at 25 seconds.
4. Now enter **61*[number from step 2]*11*[number from step 3, use 2 digits]# and press Send/Talk.

Example: **61*441234567890*11*25# Then press Send/Talk

This will now change your default ring time before voicemail answers to 25 seconds. To test if it was successful, enter *#61*11# and press Send/Talk for the new value.

This is flippin fantastic!!! Thank you so much! It's a godsend.

Would say about 80% of my calls go to voicemail and I have to ring people back.

Have now just set it for 30 seconds and it works a treat. This is a massive help to me, it really is!

Cheers!
claping%20hands.gif

Oh, and in answer to the no voicemail feature, I want voicemail. If I am the football or the theatre or the cinema or a library etc. I want the call to go to voicemail as I want to know the reason people have rang, but cannot answer the phone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread