Fibre broadband (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Have fibre broadband from Plusnet and have to say it's a revelation! They are offering fantastic deals. Their service is good and all home based no Indian call centres or the like.

Getting 71mbps download and 25mbps upload.

torchomatic

I had infinity 2 which was rubbish. Im on 100m Virgin Media and tend to get over 90 most of the time. Being upgraded to 120mb before the end of june.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Paxman II

PlusNet fibre is available in Coventry! I checked my parents address and it was available there? CV7 on Broad lane..

PlusNet is way cheaper than Virgin too.

dutchman

PlusNet fibre is available in Coventry! I checked my parents address and it was available there? CV7 on Broad lane..

PlusNet is way cheaper than Virgin too.

Yes I read that BT fibre is now available in the Fletchhamtead area.

But I don't think many other places in Coventry can get BT fibre and as far as I know BT* have no immediate plans to upgrade their existing lines in the area?

So as far as fibre-optic is concerned, Virgin is the only game in town.

*Plusnet is a subsidiary of BT offering cut price deals.

**Some other internet providers rely entirely on BT lines for their service so if BT don't offer fibre, they can't either.

Paxman II

I should clarify. I get fibre from the nearest BT exchange building. For me that's about 250 feet away.
From that short point to the house does for the moment rely on the original copper cable. I think that is the same for Coventry and PlusNet says it's available?

I am getting a steady average of 66mbps so it feels lightening quick. They have a half price deal for 6 months too.

Users who are viewing this thread