Fifa 12 - Price Wars (1 Viewer)

Marty

With a game were all likely to buy, thought we needed a thread where we can stick up offers for the release of Fifa 12.

Asda - £34.97 - pre order of the game ends tonight, Cheapest in the UK so far. :)

Buggy

Now I know it's a controversial opinion, but I'm buying mine from Game this season. Purely because the 'ultimate edition' offers 24 gold ultimate team packs. If you play ultimate team you'll know that the pack habit can get bad, so 4 free a month for 6 months isn't too bad. Worthy of full price, because of how much you save :)

stupot07

I've heard sainsburys are doing it for £28 if you spend £30 in store.....I think I will be buying a lot of beer and FIFA Friday morning!

Marty

I've heard sainsburys are doing it for £28 if you spend £30 in store.....I think I will be buying a lot of beer and FIFA Friday morning!

nice one, i know where i'll be getting it this year then. :D

pusbccfc

game are doing 20% extra trade in on all xbox games and ps3 games towards the game all weekend i think so thats were I'll be going.

Marty

Tesco and Asda usually do it £25-28ish on release day. Don't see why it would be any different this year.

last year Tesco's were £35 and Asda were only selling to be who pre ordered. :p

Si80

last year Tesco's were £35 and Asda were only selling to be who pre ordered. :p

That's not true. I never pre-ordered and bought from Asda on release day last year using Fifa 10 as trade in.

Think I'll pop to Morrisons and pick it up with the familys staff discount card unless somewhere comes up sub £30.

CovInEssex

Just phoned Game & Gamestation (Nuneaton) both doing midnight sales. Only the normal version though x

Marty

That's not true. I never pre-ordered and bought from Asda on release day last year using Fifa 10 as trade in.

Think I'll pop to Morrisons and pick it up with the familys staff discount card unless somewhere comes up sub £30.

Well it's not, thats what i was told, i was abit late, so maybe they sold out of the general release copies and only had pre ordered copies left??

Rich

Someone summarise this for me? I do not have a game to trade in, I do not want to buy £30 worth of shopping and I do not have a game card with £60million quid on it. Where is selling this game the cheapest?

cornoccfc

Bought it for £37 from ShopTo, delivered today, comes with 18 gold packs, spread over 6 months

ajsccfc

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-29-wheres-cheapest-to-buy-fifa-12

Currently, the cheapest place in the UK to buy FIFA 12 is Shopto.net. The online giant is selling the 9/10 football fiesta for £37.85.
Tesco has an easy-on-the-eye £25 offering, while Morrisons has plumped for a £30 price tag - but both prices are only available when you buy FIFA 12 with another chart game in store.
Still, factor in Tesco selling Deus Ex: Human Revolution for £25 too, and both titles for £50 could tempt some.
Rival mega-shop Sainsbury's has gone slightly higher for its own deal - £28.99, but only when you spend £30 or more in-store.
A list of barebones, no-strings attached prices for FIFA 12 on Xbox 360 and PS3 lies below.

I got mine for £17 which involved buying a three-pack of swanky boxers for the same price. £34 plus free pants basically.

fellatio_Martinez

What a joke. How some places have the gall to sell for £42 is beyond me.

This must be the first year it hasn't been on sale for around £25 on day of release (without catches)

Don't think I'll bother buying just yet.

stupot07

sainsburys opened at 8.00am.
2x crates of lager,
1x pack of toilet rolls
1x FIFA 2012.
Done

Can't wait to get on it later!

Rich

I just went to tesco and Bought

1x Comfort Fabric softener
1x Dove Female Deodorant
1x FIFA 12.

£44 Job Done. I shall be on it like a car bonnet from 6pm. Anyone that hasn't already can add me on Xbox gamer tag is over there.

<----------GAMERTAG

Marty

Got my copy this morning, done the weekly shop (a day early) and got it for £29 from sainsburys. Went to Tesco at half 7, but i forgot my wallet, so looked a right twat when i went to pay for it, got a better deal anyway, so it's all good :D

Edit: for the first time, i actually feel i need to use my subs for reasons other then to keep my first team fresh, you defo need different options in the squad, and i like it how the AI teams play different, had a wide open game against the likes of millwall and hardly had a touch against the good teams and have gotten spanked a few times already, really enjoying the game so far. :D

I'll get a league step up tomorrow.

Last edited:

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Lots of new features which I really like already like the head to head seasons. Also has anyone noticed that Chris Dunn's picture is Joe Murphy :D:D

If you're on xbox add me - xskybluesccfc

pusbccfc

Cov ratings are so harsh!
Juke should be 70
clingan on 69
but yet bell is :65:thinking about:
and gael is 54:facepalm:
and we have no player above 70:facepalm:

ajsccfc

Cov ratings are so harsh!
Juke should be 70
clingan on 69
but yet bell is :65:thinking about:
and gael is 54:facepalm:
and we have no player above 70:facepalm:

That's because FIFA wasn't coded by a bunch of blinkered Cov fans, sadly.

ajsccfc

I'm no referee, but I think this was a justly-awarded penalty for me, with this challenge being slightly off the ball:

h7Mf3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread