FIFA 17 (2 Viewers)

covcity4life

Didn't say anything about sales making it a better game, I said it was in bargain bins and offered a freebie version. Which is a fact.

Have seen footage of you trying to "destroy" somebody.

giphy.gif

LOL thats quality

JulianDarbyFTW

I was a PES fanboy until Fifa 09, owning every game from ISS Pro onwards. Then PES went shoddy for a few years, whereas Fifa took massive strides forward, not least with the pro clubs mode. I want to like PES again, I really do. But truth is, I want to play with real players in real kits in real grounds. I want the glitz and the glamour. Gameplay wise there's little between them (of course, they play differently, but they're both decent football games) but Fifa wins because it delivers a package. PES delivers a good game of football and not much else. And if you want to play PES online, you have to have a good book by your side to give you something to so while the game tries to find an opponent.
If PES steps up to the plate again I'll play it, but the brand has lost so much of the UK marketplace that I'll probably end up getting Fifa anyway so I can play against my mates. Sad to say, PES has become the Betamax to Fifa's VHS.

covcity4life

I was a PES fanboy until Fifa 09, owning every game from ISS Pro onwards. Then PES went shoddy for a few years, whereas Fifa took massive strides forward, not least with the pro clubs mode. I want to like PES again, I really do. But truth is, I want to play with real players in real kits in real grounds. I want the glitz and the glamour. Gameplay wise there's little between them (of course, they play differently, but they're both decent football games) but Fifa wins because it delivers a package. PES delivers a good game of football and not much else. And if you want to play PES online, you have to have a good book by your side to give you something to so while the game tries to find an opponent.
If PES steps up to the plate again I'll play it, but the brand has lost so much of the UK marketplace that I'll probably end up getting Fifa anyway so I can play against my mates. Sad to say, PES has become the Betamax to Fifa's VHS.

thank you for admitting that.

pes is miles ahead gameplay wise.

yet its a bad time for games. i would rate pes 16 6/10 and fifa 16 4/10

the hands on reviews for pes 17 are incredible but i simply dont trust anyone but myself now. there are actually dumb pes and fifa fans out there who doubt momentum bias and scripting exists.

ajsccfc

The more I've played the most recent FIFA career mode the more I've definitely noticed the game deciding that your team suddenly can't string two passes, tackle or shoot and OH YOU'VE CONCEDED BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME

covcity4life

The more I've played the most recent FIFA career mode the more I've definitely noticed the game deciding that your team suddenly can't string two passes, tackle or shoot and OH YOU'VE CONCEDED BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME

mate its pure scripting that some idiot fanboys try to pretend it doesnt exist and say oh you just need to get better lol, its why i returned fifa 13

pes 16 implemented it last year,thats why i hardly play it. if pes 17 has it then i am done with football games :(

JulianDarbyFTW

Yeah it's scripted. There's a leaked document from F13 or 14 showing the effect of scorelines on the player ability, e.g. if you're 1-0 up at 30 mins then you get a -2 ability penalty until 45 mins. It ruins the game.

covcity4life

Yeah it's scripted. There's a leaked document from F13 or 14 showing the effect of scorelines on the player ability, e.g. if you're 1-0 up at 30 mins then you get a -2 ability penalty until 45 mins. It ruins the game.
it really does

the forums are full of hate for it but it helps casuals pick up and win a few games. keeps them happy

thats all developers care about, sales.

whilst crap players like nick win a game and pre order the next one it will stay lol

JulianDarbyFTW

I fall into the same trap though! For such a popular sport to have only 2 on-pitch console franchises is a little disappointing really. There's room for some kind of hybrid of PES and Fifa surely!

covcity4life

whats worse is licensing issue, uefa fifa etc should just let everyone use them, its all greed

pes has no bundesliga, prob lost bayern now too which is huge

last year fifa lost south american licesnes which hit their sales. this year they have lost nou camp and apparently serie a not fully licensed. rumours

either way annoying

keep an eye out tommrow for the release of pes 17 gameplay videos btw

covcity4life

For someone who hates FIFA you know a lot about it bud!

i dont hate fifa. what a weird thing to say

just think its a bang avg game. its as basic as a football game can get,not realistic in any way.

and i havnt beem pes biggest fan these last 2 years so im not bias either

this year pes does look good though, check out the new previews and gameplay today

Nick

Administrator
i dont hate fifa. what a weird thing to say

just think its a bang avg game. its as basic as a football game can get,not realistic in any way.

and i havnt beem pes biggest fan these last 2 years so im not bias either

this year pes does look good though, check out the new previews and gameplay today

I saw some images of players (I think it was Barca?) or whoever they have the rights to and it looks good.

as I have said since about 2009 when you first started crying, I will probably buy them both and spend a few hours on both to get a feel for them.

covcity4life

im not totally enamoured with new gameplay vids. saw 1 with a last min goal and made me think of scripting. not sure its gonna be different enough from 16. will wait for demo

JulianDarbyFTW

Think F17's new story mode will get all the focus and the core game will remain fairly similar, with a few tweaks here and there to make it just different enough not to feel like a cut-and-paste job. I love Fifa - played close to 10,000 games of pro clubs in the past 7 years, plus countless more on other game modes (my wife goes to bed early and I'm a night owl!), but the last few iterations have been ruined by ludicrous skill moves. I have yet to see a player do a rainbow flick irl, yet on Fifa online it happens 3 times a game. They should get rid of the that kind of shite and focus on the core game again.

Joy Division

Wasn't a huge fan of Fifa 16, though if PES is getting better it can only be a good thing for FIFA to up their game. Preferred PES until about 10 years ago when fifa massively overtook it in terms of style and game play. Still feel PES is a bit too arcadish.

covcity4life

fifa has never taken over in terms of gameplay. and no matter how many sliders you change its always more basic arcade than pes. its 1-2 run shoot. always

Joy Division

Its all about users opinions, if you think PES is better then fine. I'm not going to go and call all PES players idiots, that would be childish.

JulianDarbyFTW

If you enjoy a game then what does it matter if someone else doesn't? Although you could buy both, then have a two-legged tie to work out whose right!

Joy Division

please dont play victims. last year maybe i was scathing but i am being nice this year!
What was it you called Fifa players on last years fifa 16 thread, lager louts orsomething? That was a particular favorite of mine. :shamefullyembarrased:

Liquid Gold

Hated FIFA 15 but though 16 was a lot better, always bought PES up until a few years ago when I was a student but now I'm a more casual game player I think what fifa offers is enough to me, couple of games as cov then a go on FUT. The scripting is ridiculous though, you can really feel when there is something amiss. There is a handicap system in FUT too which makes the weaker teams stronger when playing good teams, you can see it when you have Ryan Shawcross outpacing Bale to a through ball, the steps I had to take to win division one were a joke. Plus the tricks thing is crazy, you just have to learn one trick and do it over and over again, you could have 3 defenders around a player and he will do the same trick and they cant stop it. I am looking forward to 17 though, this story mode looks like it could be good and additional modes is something that the genre has needed for ages.

I get the argument in some parts because idiots only play fifa and never bother with pes, awful lot of bitter people who care too much about a game play pes and won't hear a good word said about fifa - i know i was once one.

Liquid Gold

It is the kick off goals I hate

Yeah thats nuts along with defenders not covering each other and seeming to have no basic positional sense and keepers who stand still while a shot come their way, dive at the last minute and miss the ball.

covcity4life

Hated FIFA 15 but though 16 was a lot better, always bought PES up until a few years ago when I was a student but now I'm a more casual game player I think what fifa offers is enough to me, couple of games as cov then a go on FUT. The scripting is ridiculous though, you can really feel when there is something amiss. There is a handicap system in FUT too which makes the weaker teams stronger when playing good teams, you can see it when you have Ryan Shawcross outpacing Bale to a through ball, the steps I had to take to win division one were a joke. Plus the tricks thing is crazy, you just have to learn one trick and do it over and over again, you could have 3 defenders around a player and he will do the same trick and they cant stop it. I am looking forward to 17 though, this story mode looks like it could be good and additional modes is something that the genre has needed for ages.

I get the argument in some parts because idiots only play fifa and never bother with pes, awful lot of bitter people who care too much about a game play pes and won't hear a good word said about fifa - i know i was once one.

well you just detailed why fifa is shit. the scripting.

so hard to say a good word about it? thats unforgivable

Robccfc87

Playing beta mode, few little tweaks that I've noticed about ball physics, gk movement and physical battles, it's hard to say after only a few games but I think it's taken a turn for the better this year.

Users who are viewing this thread