• fifa 12

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • pro evolution soccer 2012

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Both

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

n1xon

ok so i downloaded both demos. i heard roumors pro was to get back up to standard but from what i have seen it is nowhere near. i was a fan of pro for years but it just seams of recent years that its getting further and further away form the standard of fifa imo. for me its goin to be fifa again this year. just wondering if any of u guys will be on the pro bus this year? and if u give me a good reason because from where im sitting fifa is head and shoulders above pro at the min which is a shame as i used to love playing pro.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Pro has been awful on this current generation of systems. EA really got into gear with their offering and try to make substantial changes every year to improve their gameplay where pro feels the same as when I used to play it all the time on my ps2.

Il Pirata

Pro has been awful on this current generation of systems. EA really got into gear with their offering and try to make substantial changes every year to improve their gameplay where pro feels the same as when I used to play it all the time on my ps2.
Might have been true the last few years but this year PES has changed more than FIFA.

If you're undecided, n1xon, then go with FIFA, it's the better overall game, it's established now and PES is playing catchup. Plus it has virtually full licenses, which a lot of people like. From the demo PES looks to be a very good game this year. Whereas 2009-2011 didn't change much at all, 2012 has. You might really like it, but FIFA is the safe bet.

n1xon

Might have been true the last few years but this year PES has changed more than FIFA.

If you're undecided, n1xon, then go with FIFA, it's the better overall game, it's established now and PES is playing catchup. Plus it has virtually full licenses, which a lot of people like. From the demo PES looks to be a very good game this year. Whereas 2009-2011 didn't change much at all, 2012 has. You might really like it, but FIFA is the safe bet.

im not undecided im getting fifa! just heard a few people say pro was ment to be getting better this year but imo form the demo its pony! i would have got both if it was anygood. i used to always have both on the ps2 fifa for playing alone doing season and stuff but pro was always better when i used to have a few mates round. just disappointed how poor pro feels now days.

n1xon

:laugh:
Stop mucking around on demo's and play your game in the pinball tournament. IF YOU DARE :D

im rubbish at that stupid pinball game! just remember to addy me on xbox live for your fifa 12 arse wooping friday! :slap:

Il Pirata

Well if you are used to playing just FIFA all the time that is no surprise, because it doesn't play like FIFA. It's like those people who play COD for 4 years and then pick up Battlefield and say 'this is shit' because it doesn't play the same as COD, it's unfamiliar and you cannot expect to be able to find it as good even after 30 or 40 games, never mind the 1 which most players give it.

Personally I was a FIFA player in the initial games until ISS Pro, FIFA went downhill with robotic play and PES uphill, then the last few years FIFA has clearly been better overall. I will still play the odd game of FIFA and can play it to an 80% level of competence considering I don't know all the niches. Having played both demos there was a lot more familiarity in FIFA. I don't play an awful lot of PES either these days but definitely more than FIFA, I enjoy it more even with the inferior overall game, just the way the game feels, more freedom in my opinion. To me it has a harder learning curve and is very frustrating initially. FIFA seems easier to pick up and play. I think they have adjusted some of the defending and made the attacking play a little less 'arcadey'. I've been on both FIFA and PES forums and these particular aspects are making quite a few FIFA players (probably younger players) talk about changing to PES, but I think once they realise that the defending system in PES 2012 is even trickier than FIFA they will soon revert back.

In fact I still can't get used to the defending in PES 2012, it makes me want to snap my controller in half, maybe I am a sadist for persevering with the game but I also get more reward out of it. I'm not one of those players who want to pick up a game and score a wonder goal in the first match, the life span of that game will not last very long for me. I think both games have addressed that this year by the look of the demos.

Users who are viewing this thread