Film Thread 2014 (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Seen any good ones?

Watched Noah last night, bloody awful!!!

Nick

Administrator
It was just weird, to be fair I missed half of it through nodding off!

Also watched Need for Speed, predictable but not too bad!

Marty

Quite enjoyed the Robocop remake. Dallas buyers club is superb. Grudge match is dreadful.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah Dallas Buyers Club got quite deep but was decent.

Also watched Transcendance with Brad Pitt, weird but not too bad!

Marty

Are you into Thriller/horror films? Some excellent Korean stuff if you don't mind reading subtitles.

Marty

There's some fantastic stuff, I saw the Devil, A tale of two sisters, Bittersweet life, Oldboy, Lady vengeance and my favourite, The chaser.

SlowerThanPlatt

I went to watch Transformers 4 yesterday out of morbid curiosity. One of the worst films I've ever seen. It's as though Michael Bay is a 12-year-old boy.

Marty

[video=youtube_share;IspheJGJiYI]http://youtu.be/IspheJGJiYI[/video]

Otis

I went to watch Transformers 4 yesterday out of morbid curiosity. One of the worst films I've ever seen. It's as though Michael Bay is a 12-year-old boy.

I watched the first Transformers movie but gave up after about 40 mins. Have not watched any more of the series since.

Just don't get it or indeed the appeal to a mass audience.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I thought Bambi was a bit predictable. Dumbo was okay, but a flying elephant? C'mon!

Colonel Mustard

Watched Noah last night, bloody awful!!!

Bloody is. Watched the first, painful half hour or so. By the end of that Noah had received his message from God, pretty much built the ark, pretty much filled it with animals, told Ray Winstone and co they were fucked. But there were still two hours left in the film. How?! Abandoned it then and there.

Hollywood is finished as it was known and loved from the 1910s - 1990s. It feels ironic that the demographic that gets the best stuff is the kids; all those Pixar cartoons are heavy on story. We, the adults, get witless dialogue and romcoms and bloody big guns. When Mrs Brown's Boys: D'Movie and Transformers 4 are topping the box office, you know that we're treated with contempt. At least TV is picking up that creative slack.

SlowerThanPlatt

Watched All Is Lost. I guess for something like that you have to be particularly gripped by brilliant acting performances, which I this definitely had. Just the concept did not interest me at all.

Colonel Mustard

Watched All Is Lost. I guess for something like that you have to be particularly gripped by brilliant acting performances, which I this definitely had. Just the concept did not interest me at all.

Good call. I saw that a few months ago and was gripped from start to finish. It's proper filmmaking: around 90 minutes, starts as close to the end as possible, and manages to hold the viewer despite there being one actor and only a few lines of dialogue. Highly recommended.

SlowerThanPlatt

Going to watch 'Harsh times' tonight. Never seen it, slip passed me. And I'm a big Christian Bale fan so alls good.

I liked the film. I was dissapointed however by the abrupt ending. In my eyes the film should have had him going even deeper into his psychosis, perhaps allowing it to completely take him over at some point.

And yes, Bale's acting was brilliant as usual.

skybluetony176

i only get to watch Kids movies these days, which aint all bad. enjoyed the lego movie in 3D and muppets most wanted (not a sisu recruitment drive) was entertaining.

having said that cineworld in rugby did show pulp fiction the other week as an anniversary special so we had a lads night out to watch it.

turlykerd

me and my wife had a little fall out, so i convinced her to sit down with me , a bag of dips and noah ..... around 1 hour into it, she said to me "if this is
going to be my punishment, im never going to fall out with you again !!"

i will never get them 2 hours back, how the fuck is it 6.2 on IMBd ????

on another note, i dont know weather to love or hate "the leftovers" ??

SlowerThanPlatt

Trailer for the new Jake Gyllenhaal film Nightcrawler. Looks pretty good, a bit Fincher-esque.

[video=youtube;w0euFxD7zHc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0euFxD7zHc[/video]

Marty

I've got a copy of that starred up, was going to stick it on this evening. I'll post up if it's worth watching

tom88

Yeah it's about prison. The story is amazing and it all comes together at the end really. Went to the showcase to watch it and want to see it again

It's a good British film if anyone can put the trailer up that would be great

Nick

Administrator
I watched most of it, fell asleep for a few minutes in the middle. Wasn't as good as I thought it would be though :(

Marty

I agree Nick, wasn't all that good. The acting was brilliant though. 7/10

Watched Need for Speed last night, wasn't expecting much, easy to watch and entertaining enough to keep you watching. 6/10

Really fancy watching, Dawn of the planet of the apes, Is it just Odeon & Showcase cinemas left open now??

Users who are viewing this thread