Film Thread 2014 (1 Viewer)

Marty

Locke is very good actually. Masterclass from Hardy. 8/10

Inbetweeners 2, quite good, I was laughing through out, I enjoyed it more then the first film. 7/10

Otis

Just seen The Call, starring Halle Berry on Sky Movies Premiere.

WTF?

A really, quite good, taught, interesting, atmospheric thriller for the first hour and then suddenly it takes the most ridiculous of plot turns and the final 20 mins or so are a complete joke, with a really crass, dumbest of endings.

What on earth the director and scriptwriter did to conjure up such a preposterous ending I'll never know.

Anyone else seen it?

Marty

Blue Ruin - Decent thriller 7/10

[video=youtube_share;gJo1qrr_8Hc]http://youtu.be/gJo1qrr_8Hc[/video]

Marty

Prisoners - Wow, what a film, loved it. Crime thriller starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Hugh Jackman. Not a 'Hollywood' film, slow build up that keeps you on the edge of the seat. 9/10

[video=youtube_share;1kWeHtI63jc]http://youtu.be/1kWeHtI63jc[/video]

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy yesterday, mainly because it was that or Box Trolls with my daughter, but really enjoyed it. One of the best Marvel films, lots of comedy and popcorn action sequences. If you like the good Marvel films, this is easily up there with the likes of The Avengers.

I confess to watching it too, it is actually quite amusing, I wish they would tone down the action sequences a bit & have a bit more comedy, but I suppose they know their market as it was #1 box office in the states for weeks & has grossed $313,731,317 so far!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Watched, theres something about mary last night. Not seen it for years still funny

Nick

Administrator
22 Jump Street - You get what you expect with randomness. Some typical funny bits!

Ice Cubes facial expressions make some of it!

SlowerThanPlatt

Saw The World's End, yesterday. The trailers made it look very similar to Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz and while it still is to an extent it's nowhere near as much of a copy as I thought it was going to be. Funny and with the running jokes that you'd expect. Also rematches This is the End which I still think is quality

SlowerThanPlatt

Watched Mad Max and Mad Max 2 back-to-back last night. Love the opening narration for the second film is so good, great monologue.

Otis

Watched Gravity for the first time today. On a 32" pretty crappy tv and yet I still found it stunningly brilliant.

Really now wish I had seen it in 3D.

Unbelievable film and incredibly gripping, in spite of it having next to no plot or story.

Loved it. Saw American Hustle too the other day. Found that great fun and with the very impressive cast, it took a film that could have just been good, to a much higher level.

Sky Blue Pete

Watched Gravity for the first time today. On a 32" pretty crappy tv and yet I still found it stunningly brilliant.

Really now wish I had seen it in 3D.

Unbelievable film and incredibly gripping, in spite of it having next to no plot or story.

Loved it. Saw American Hustle too the other day. Found that great fun and with the very impressive cast, it took a film that could have just been good, to a much higher level.

Watched gravity for the first time then other day too. Thought it was stunning

dutchman

I watched the extended Blu-ray edition of A Million Ways To Die In The West the other night. I laughed so hard it triggered a coughing bout. Haven't seen the theatrical cut so can't comment on any differences between the two.

Poster-Art-for-A-Million-Ways-to-Die-in-the-West_home_top_story.jpg

SlowerThanPlatt

Watched All Is Lost. I guess for something like that you have to be particularly gripped by brilliant acting performances, which this definitely had. Just the concept did not interest me at all.

Marty

The Purge: Anarchy. I enjoyed it more then the first, expected a lot more 5/10

22 Jump Street. Hilarious in parts, very watchable 6/10

Amber Stevens from 22 Jump Street is gorgeous. :p

SlowerThanPlatt

Harmontown, documentary of Dan Harmon's podcast going on tour after he was fired from Community. Don't need to be a Community fan to get anything out of this, very human film. 8/10.

Seen any good ones?

Watched Noah last night, bloody awful!!!

Watched FURY this afternoon (Pensioners Privilege) and purported to be best war film ever!!!

Definitely a big NOT in my opinion with Saving Private Ryan still number one at a rating of 9 compared to Fury @ 7.5.

Laboured a bit in the middle but can't complain at visuals and realism but this was negated with weak and unrealistic ending

mrtrench

'The Lives of Others' is about the best film I have ever seen. Reckon you can pick it up for £1 on Amazon second hand.

skybluejelly

THE JUDGE: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1872194/reference

Anyone hoping for a slick courtroom thriller will be disappointed. It's a long melodrama about family and a sense of place, with a dash of absurd legal stuff. Found it a tough watch, but Robert Downey Jr and Robert Duvall will hold you till the end of the movie. 6/10

I just watched it thought it was pretty good ..robert Duvall is good in anything mind

Users who are viewing this thread