First thing the new manager should do... (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Hill's Chin

...is transfer list the entire team of players with the exception of McGoldrick (he's a loan anyway). Something extremely drastic needs to be done to demonstrate that failure cannot be tolerated and this is the only option left.

WestEndAgro

...is transfer list the entire team of players with the exception of McGoldrick (he's a loan anyway). Something extremely drastic needs to be done to demonstrate that failure cannot be tolerated and this is the only option left.

This is what Westley did at Preston, strangely enough he let Barton go, can't think why ?

WestEndAgro

We should just get shot of the entire squad. They are gutless, pathetic, embarassing, weak, lilly-livered, spineless losers. They wouldn't grace the Blue Square Premiership.

Impossible to argue with any of this, I am fuck in furious at the minute, can't sleep because of this current spineless bunch, embarrassing our beloved club.

Nonleagueherewecome

We should just get shot of the entire squad. They are gutless, pathetic, embarassing, weak, lilly-livered, spineless losers. They wouldn't grace the Blue Square Premiership.

Not disagreeing with your sentiment, but bearing in mind that Hussey was the best player in the BSP before we signed him, it indicates that we are getting miles less out of these players than their footballing ability should be delivering. Ship the present lot out and get a new load in, and they'll probably suddenly lose all footballing ability too!

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Not disagreeing with your sentiment, but bearing in mind that Hussey was the best player in the BSP before we signed him, it indicates that we are getting miles less out of these players than their footballing ability should be delivering. Ship the present lot out and get a new load in, and they'll probably suddenly lose all footballing ability too!
Well these players are taking us to the Blue Square Premiership so we need to do something. I don't think even the most optimistic City fan would deny that these players are at serious risk of seeing the club relegated to League 2 and then what?

Gaz

You know it's funny you say that NLHWC, because I remember when Danny Fox first came to cov, he looked the real deal, now I'm not saying he was crap when he left, but he didn't look the same player he first did.

Nonleagueherewecome

You know it's funny you say that NLHWC, because I remember when Danny Fox first came to cov, he looked the real deal, now I'm not saying he was crap when he left, but he didn't look the same player he first did.

He scored a nice goal in the Premiership at the weekend, though. He's miles above our level now-although remember, there will be a good 30+ other players at other clubs in this division that will go on to play in the top flight too, the future Dann's, Fox's and Westwood's. Some of them are dicking us on the pitch every week now...

But you are right-he started to believe his hype by the end, always trying the long Hollywood ball when it wasn't on. Morrison was a goal machine until he came here. Christ, even Cairo was a Top 3 Dutch League player! We seem to suck the desire out of a player, like we are all that is crap and pointless in the game. Are we ever more than a pay-cheque to players other than those who have come through the youth system?

Grendel

The big difference between now and last season is the defence. The attack has always been weak but even last season the defence let in relatively few goals given our league position.

We lost Keogh and Cranie and the new signings have been a disaster. Considering Thorn and Shaw were accomplished defenders what possesed them to hand contracts to the French players is known only to them. Also we have no holding strength in midfield.

The loan signings of Ball and Brown again seem to add little and Barton also looks poor.

Problems all round but the defence lets goals in every game and this is the issue that must somehow be addressed.

Nonleagueherewecome

Well these players are taking us to the Blue Square Premiership so we need to do something. I don't think even the most optimistic City fan would deny that these players are at serious risk of seeing the club relegated to League 2 and then what?

Well my username is starting to look worryingly correct...we're either Luton in waiting or if we're lucky, Bradford.

Unless Jesus or Satan are our new manager, in which case, we'll go on a 20 game unbeaten run soon ;)

Nonleagueherewecome

Skybluepiglet

Explain a few things to the players...Like.

You have to score more goals than the other team to win the game.

The game lasts 90 minutes (you cant keep taking breaks when you feel like it).

What The White oblong shape things are with nets at the back.

You get paid for this...you MUST at least try to get the round thing.

Study the colour of your shirt just before getting onto the pitch...try to aim the round thing towards other similair coloured tops when kicking the round thing!!

That will do for starters!!!

Otis

First thing he need to do is to bring in at least 2 loanees that have

Strength of character, spirit and PACE!

Grendel

Yes that is essential. He needs to evaluate Brown and Ball's worth as well and if it's negligible try and return them if allowed.

We need pace but unfortunately the defence is awful. We may need another centre half. Why on earth we made the signings we did I'll never know. Edge looks so slow and yet thorn had him on trial and still got him in.

Most of the players signed look dubious and signed with little thought what they will bring to the team.

Otis

I would return them both.

Maybe that way we could bring in 4 loan players rather than the 2 promised.

LJC_CCFC

I've been shouting for pace since pre-season it was that fuckin obvious, also we must give Shaw credit as after 10 games Kevin Kilbane was finally subbed off - The worst city player I've ever seen he MUST be stripped of the captaincy and left in the reserves

gally9

I've been shouting for pace since pre-season it was that feckin obvious, also we must give Shaw credit as after 10 games Kevin Kilbane was finally subbed off - The worst city player I've ever seen he MUST be stripped of the captaincy and left in the reserves

Sorry , disagree , I'm not giving Shaw any credit, this is the guy that has played the same team for the last 4 games.. All of which we have lost..

LJC_CCFC

Sorry , disagree , I'm not giving Shaw any credit, this is the guy that has played the same team for the last 4 games.. All of which we have lost..

Tbf i was being sarcastic if anything what Shaw did was worse than how Thorn played him on the left of the diamond. Shaw in his infinite wisdom played him as a winger in a 4-4-2

LJC_CCFC

Would certainly take the captaincy off him for sure.

Exactly it is the same situation as Stephen Wright when Coleman gave him the armband. Just because he had it Coleman felt he had to play him even though he was crap

torchomatic

And then ask Fisher and Waggott to get rid of Shawsy, Carso and Oggyio. Thats a bigger issue than the players, i think.

Users who are viewing this thread