Fisher live on CWR.... the countdown begins. (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

He walked becuase he realised he was in the wrong job?

Shame Fisher doesn't understand that or even better SISU realise that they're in the wrong business, cut their loses and put the club up for sale.

Irish Sky Blue

Think it was top 8 budget wasn't it?

Anyway, we did underachieve, because he had us entrenched in the top 6 and 11 points clear of 7th place.

From that situation we should never have dropped like a stone the way we did.
We had this discussion last season. I liked TM, felt while we had him we had hope. You could easily say we overachieved at the start of the season and simply ended up where we should have. Pointless discussion really as TM has gone. Only thing to say is that Fisher's comments show the impossible job any manager coming here would have.

oldfiver

Shame Fisher doesn't understand that or even better SISU realise that they're in the wrong business, cut their loses and put the club up for sale.

Ignore it is not openly up for sale - if SISU was tested with a real offer that could be substantiated then I would follow your argument

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Two or three times he stated we are breaking even on Talksport this morning he said there was cash not spent in the transfer window spend that first show some balls hold onto the Stevenson's and co their value will only increase therefor giving more money to the club and earning at least one brownie point for the fans. WE NEED TO BREAK THE CYCLE

letsallsingtogether

I am saying people did it, people knew the risks, people knew it would be CCFC getting a fine not CCFC. They can't then say it is out of order for mentioning it.
Well on talk sport he mensioned that no one would come to manage this Club after what happened last night.
Funny never knew JFH was a fortune teller looking into the future.
The bloke is just a knob blaming everyone else except the ones who have done all this our uncaring owners.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Better option than anything else currently on offer. However I think crowds will be so low next season, if things don't change, that where ever we play will make little difference.
From listening to CA his plan seemed to be to try and negotiate a better deal for the club, hence his 17 point agenda. He also said that he legal action was holding the club back and that he wished it was finished. Probably frustration at this that caused him to walk.
Anderson was not a stupid man, he realised this club was an impossible job and got out quickly.

letsallsingtogether

This has all just made everything all seem even more glum than before.

There's not a lot new, but it's the confirmation of what we have feared.

This is a slippery slope to hell.

If we have a mid to lower mid budget, then I can't see how a new manager is going to suddenly have us tearing up the table, unless he is absolutely brilliant.

If he's absolutely brilliant, what's he doing here.

This is a perpetual decline and Fisher must know that season ticket sales will be down next season unless we finish on a real high.

Smaller budget, another lower table battle. The next season, smaller budget, likely relegation. Smaller budget, same ad nauseum.

Meanwhile the City fan base just goes up in a puff of smoke.

The only thing that is going to put bums on seats is a successful team out there on the pitch.

We have one single hope this season, the tinpot cup. Only a trip to Wembley and victory will give us any impetus and hope.

I always have a season ticket, but have to say, even I am having second thoughts at the moment.

We are set up to decline. Constantly cutting budgets will set us on a path to oblivion eventually.

City fans are now so fed up on failure, after failure, after failure, that only a successful team on the pitch will bring them back.

If we are starting off from a position of lower midtable budget then we are accepting mediocrity and our chances of success are incredibly limited.

I know it's a chicken and egg situation, but the difference is, there have been so many endless years of failure you will ONLY get fans back if you start doing really well.

You are now never going to get people to buy ST's and tickets in advance in the hope that , that then transfers into a bigger player budget out on the field of play.

Fans have now had enough and it is all at a very low ebb.

Only answer is investment or takeover, or just self combust and disappear into the ether.

A new man will come in, in January and have the same constraints. Yep, we get a honeymoon period and may end up midtable.

Trouble then is though, next season we will start once more with a lower midtable budget, which then again points to a challenge at the wrong end of the table.

I know you can have a smaller squad, but that hasn't served us at all well in the past.

It's all very depressing.
Fuck off we have a top 6 budget don't you know.....

Colin Steins Smile

The main message I took from TF interview was".........as long as the club runs with a neutral budget the league we play in is irrelevant. Non-league here we come !

martcov

must say, found it funny when he said because of the protests the players looked confused , they have looked confused all season , and at every team selection ,squad selection , throw in , substitution , corner , where has he been or what world is he in , one things for sure , he knows fuck all about footie , good pair him and MV

The person looking most confused was the "I am the manager" guy pulling on his trousers.

skybluetony176

Angus Macdonald from Torquay on a free, defender.
Andy Yiadom (not non league, but barnet on a free, decent right back or winger)
Stefan Payne, striker from Dover
Kayden Jackson, signed from Wrexham but loaned out for more experience

How many first team starts do the non league signings have between them?

colin101

Good job back in the 60's when Jimmy Hill went to the Chairman and asked to be backed he dealt with Derek Robins rather than SISU and Tim, otherwise we would never know what speculate to accumulate meant in football terms.

Nick

Administrator
How many first team starts do the non league signings have between them?

22, 42 if you include Yiadom. (I think, not sure how reliable they are).

Still, you have a centre half playing most games from non league and a right back from league 2. I can't say we would sniff at that. It isn't the odd 1 or 2 here or there.

Jackson has 17 on loan so far.

ccfcway

It does, people knew the risks, people knew there would be fines for CCFC etc. On one hand you can't say it was good but then on the other moan about him saying about a fine.

it doesn't

"I am saying people did it, people knew the risks, people knew it would be CCFC getting a fine not CCFC."

Tonylinc

Good job back in the 60's when Jimmy Hill went to the Chairman and asked to be backed he dealt with Derek Robins rather than SISU and Tim, otherwise we would never know what speculate to accumulate meant in football terms.
This is exactly the point!. If Sisu have any ambition of actually recovering any of their outlay then they will have to adopt this policy. The chances of them doing so is.......None since they are stupid.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The main message I took from TF interview was".........as long as the club runs with a neutral budget the league we play in is irrelevant. Non-league here we come !
That is my feeling . This bloke genuinely has not the slightest interest in which league we are in. His job is simply to balance the books. He genuinely didn't seem to care for the league position at all. He said that "the important thing is the future survival of the football club" but he made absolutely no attempt to put that in any context at all - ie to stay in this division and to move forward, which I half expected him to say. He simply spoke about the downward spiral should season ticket holders not come back next season and how he would cut the spending budget accordingly. but I didn't detect any sense that he cared one bit about where the club was heading. It was like listening to a mass murderer who was asked whether they had any conscience about what they had done and they simply smiled back.

Great_Expectations

The massive worry is that they have no ambition or plans to change their business model or strategy.

There's one objective and that is to break even, which they are currently doing and look at the state we are in. If they are happy to run us with that policy it literally won't matter what league we are in.

It's a depressing spiral and we're heading for the eye of the storm. Ticket sales > player costs = poorer squads and results = less ticket sales. Repeat.

skybluetony176

Outside of the premier league and being a club with parachute payments from the premier league does the breakeven model even work in football? Even if we're a non league club I doubt we'd be breaking even.

John_Silletts_Nose

Did anybody ask Tim why he was still working at the club for free?
The club has stated recently that "Mr Fisher has received no payments, whether salary, expenses or otherwise, since May 2015" ?

ccfcway

Outside of the premier league and being a club with parachute payments from the premier league does the breakeven model even work in football? Even if we're a non league club I doubt we'd be breaking even.

we would be.Just ensure costs are les than income.

ccfc92

"January investment"

Believe it when I see it. Or is investment, selling several players and replacing them with fewer and less able players?

torchomatic

skybluetony176

You tell us, you're have done your research for your reply.

I think one of them has a handful and that's it. If that's the case then the Barnsley model that you wished TM had used wouldn't have changed anything either. Like I said, we have a wrong end of the table budget, signed within those means and look where we are. And apparently we didn't get all the Maddison money for the team either, don't know if you missed that. Some more of the Maddison money could have been the difference between a wrong end of the table budget and a right end of the table budget and right end of the table players.

Last edited:

torchomatic

I think one of them has a handful and that's it. If that's the case then the Barnsley model that you wished TM had used wouldn't have changed anything either. Like I said, we have a wrong end of the table budget, signed within those means and look where we are. And apparently we didn't get all the Maddison money for the team either, don't know if you missed that. Some more of the Maddison money could have been the difference between a wrong end of the table budget and a right end of the budget and right end of the table players.

My, you're right again. How do you do it?

Users who are viewing this thread