Fisher on ST Pricing (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Coventry City Chairman Tim Fisher would like to address the concerns of the fans following Season Ticket launch...

Firstly, I’m very pleased to welcome Tommy Widdrington to Coventry City this week, to head up our player recruitment programme.

The manager and I feel this appointment is the cornerstone of the football department; Tommy is tasked with finding and securing the right playing talent for the football club going forward.

The club also announced details and prices for next year’s Season Tickets yesterday. Understandably, this has been met with some concerns from fans.

We are unlike most other football clubs, in that we do not benefit from non-ticketing revenue. The club does not get either matchday non-ticketing revenues or non-matchday revenues. We are therefore pushed to generate most income via ticketing means, and this puts pressure on the current Season Ticket pricing structure.

As a club, we are fully aware that other League One clubs have ongoing ticket promotions and offers. Unfortunately, Coventry City FC are not in a position to replicate these, despite wanting to reward our loyal supporters.

Our Season Ticket prices are still in keeping with most clubs in League One and Two and we are especially pleased to be able to continue to offer JSB’s U13 a FREE Season Ticket - and hope this helps with the cost of a family visit to the Ricoh Arena.

The club also wanted to reward its returning early bird Season Ticket holders, and new purchasers, with a FREE ticket to the club’s first cup game of the upcoming season. Hopefully we can replicate the fantastic cup success of this season!

We’re also absorbing the £6.00 processing charge in the early bird period.

The manager wrote about togetherness and unity in his address, and I’d like to echo the same sentiment. Whilst the club simply aren’t able to underwrite any reduction in ticket prices, we are supporting Mark Robins with as much financial backing as is feasibly possible.

All available spend will be allocated to the team. We want to enjoy a successful year on the pitch in 2017/18 and we need the fanbase, where possible, to support the manager during this rebuilding process

The Reverend Skyblue

What he says is true though as much as an patronising prick he is.
These non matchday revenues he goes into all the time, surely he doesn't he think he should get them free, does he ?
Buy into the stadium and you will get non matchday revenues, simples.
So the club relys on tickets sales, we knew that so why does he have to say the same sentances time after time after time.
The clubs fans wants to see investment, at least a commitment to make sure we have a top three budget and you watch the sales go up.
We pay and make a commitment but also you pay to show an investment commitment, how about that

theferret

He's right about income streams of course, we are heavily reliant on ticketing revenues, this is no secret. The question though is that by freezing/raising prices, have they not alienated people and in doing so convinced a number of people not to buy, and thus reducing those revenues? A token reduction would still have generated some criticism, but it would have been far less vitriolic. Could they have generated more by charging slightly less? Maybe, maybe not, but from a PR point of view would surely have been sensible and would have been a small risk worth taking.

The Reverend Skyblue

Meet the fans half way Fisher we show a commitment , what about you ,with a promised top 3 budget in league 2, that's all I'm saying.
I just wish Fisher and the Journalists at the Observer and CT would stop treating the fans like we have one good brain cell.
We know exactly where revenues come from and everything else that is going on at the club

Last edited:

Voice_of_Reason

Coventry City Chairman Tim Fisher would like to address the concerns of the fans following Season Ticket launch...

Firstly, I’m very pleased to welcome Tommy Widdrington to Coventry City this week, to head up our player recruitment programme.

The manager and I feel this appointment is the cornerstone of the football department; Tommy is tasked with finding and securing the right playing talent for the football club going forward.

The club also announced details and prices for next year’s Season Tickets yesterday. Understandably, this has been met with some concerns from fans.

We are unlike most other football clubs, in that we do not benefit from non-ticketing revenue. The club does not get either matchday non-ticketing revenues or non-matchday revenues. We are therefore pushed to generate most income via ticketing means, and this puts pressure on the current Season Ticket pricing structure.

As a club, we are fully aware that other League One clubs have ongoing ticket promotions and offers. Unfortunately, Coventry City FC are not in a position to replicate these, despite wanting to reward our loyal supporters.

Our Season Ticket prices are still in keeping with most clubs in League One and Two and we are especially pleased to be able to continue to offer JSB’s U13 a FREE Season Ticket - and hope this helps with the cost of a family visit to the Ricoh Arena.

The club also wanted to reward its returning early bird Season Ticket holders, and new purchasers, with a FREE ticket to the club’s first cup game of the upcoming season. Hopefully we can replicate the fantastic cup success of this season!

The manager wrote about togetherness and unity in his address, and I’d like to echo the same sentiment. Whilst the club simply aren’t able to underwrite any reduction in ticket prices, we are supporting Mark Robins with as much financial backing as is feasibly possible.

All available spend will be allocated to the team. We want to enjoy a successful year on the pitch in 2017/18 and we need the fanbase, where possible, to support the manager during this rebuilding process
So Mr Fisher, you are asking us to pay for YOUR mistakes ?

torchomatic

A genuine question, how many of you really thought there was going to be a reduction in season ticket prices, I for one didn't.

No, I didn't either. I think a lot of fans just presumed. I do think Fisher has a point though as we have such limited income streams. However, a small token reduction would have avoided yet another shit storm for CCFC.

steve82

I'm disgusted to say he's right. Ticket sales are they majority income, cut that cut your income.
Fans kept saying they will not be returning so club have had to listen and forecast that a hardcore 3/4 thousand continues with buying season tickets at the same price unless you fall into the axed block category.
Maybe if there was a slightly better feeling between fans and owners and a predicted reasonable season ticket spike then maybe the club could of been in a position to offer better deals.
End of the day football is now a business and for once the club listened to its fan base who a percentage said they would not renew and that's what they went on.

stupot07

A genuine question, how many of you really thought there was going to be a reduction in season ticket prices, I for one didn't.
I didn't either. I'm surprised at the reaction if I'm being honest. A small token reduction would have been a nice gesture, but from what I can see most of those saying they won't renew now because of price had already said they weren't going to renew because of this seasons bilge anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Voice_of_Reason

It really is amazing just how much of touch he is ! Whose fault is it SISU fucked up the Ricoh potential purchase ? Whose fault is it we no longer get income revenues because they fucked up the chance to buy the Ricoh ? Oh of course, it is the fans fault. Ridiculous comments by Mr Fisher in my opinion

torchomatic

I don't think that season ticket sales will be as bad as some think

I think you're right. SBT isn't necessarily a mirror to what happens in the real world. The appointment of Robins will have ensured some renewals.

SKYBLUES90

'The club also wanted to reward its returning early bird Season Ticket holders, and new purchasers, with a FREE ticket to the club’s first cup game of the upcoming season. Hopefully we can replicate the fantastic cup success of this season!'

A free cup ticket....a fucking free cup ticket. Reward!? You should be paying me to fucking turn up you prick.

Every year, same line back the manager so we can give him our full support, yet every year we seem to sell more and buy less.

Couldn't make this shit up hahahaha hahahaha fuck off you useless c**t

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
not that we haven't heard him say something similar every year he has been here.

Sorry but this lack of income spiel is bollocks. Our income has exceeded clubs in L1 that have exceeded our performance. Its the decisions, plan and leadership that are lacking or poor - sort that out and income will follow.

As I put on another thread 150 adult standard season ticket holders at £299 equates to £44850 coming in with very little associated cost. You have to sell a lot of shirts, pies etc to net that figure

We also do not have the costs that are associated with incomes that will make such a big difference

Do we not get a cut of the shop sales that's non match day isn't it?

Its interesting looking at some of the other football club accounts that actually break down these other incomes. The figures at L1 & L2 are generally not that big. By the time you take out the direct costs and multiply by 60% or 55% in L2 then the amounts that would be available to spend on players from other sources are not as big as he makes out

Last edited:

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Doesn't the FFP for next season based on this seasons income?

I genuinely don't know just what I thought, just hoping someone will confirm.

steve82

not sure anyone on here will disagree with that.

I don't get our club sometimes, "people aren't happy with season ticket prices, lets release a statement from Tim Fisher, that will help"

Not the most welcome face to come over no mans land...

bawtryneal

Is your fault Mr Fisher that we have no matchday revenues or non matchday revenue other than ticket sales
You were the lead negotiator and Club Chairman when negotiations took place with ACL/CCC/Higgs etc
You have nobody to blame but yourself !!!
You Mr Fisher let Wasps come in and take away the stadium that was built for CCFC
Look in the f'ing mirror and you will see who is to blame. You and Seppala.

ccfc92

Annoyingly, it's hard to disagree with any of this, especially this part, and I fully understand what he is saying.

Unfortunately, we've been down this road every season as far as I can remember. "Support the team" "We're building for the future" "The club fully supports (whichever manager we have)"

People will only take so much.

Personally, I'm optimist about next season, if we keep MR and he is supported, however I won't hold my breath.

wingy

not that we haven't heard him say something similar every year he has been here.

Sorry but this lack of income spiel is bollocks. Our income has exceeded clubs in L1 that have exceeded our performance. Its the decisions, plan and leadership that are lacking or poor - sort that out and income will follow.

As I put on another thread 150 adult standard season ticket holders at £299 equates to £44850 coming in with very little associated cost. You have to sell a lot of shirts, pies etc to net that figure

We also do not have the costs that are associated with incomes that will make such a big difference

Do we not get a cut of the shop sales that's non match day isn't it?

Its interesting looking at some of the other football club accounts that actually break down these other incomes. The figures at L1 & L2 are generally not that big. By the time you take out the direct costs and multiply by 60% or 55% in L2 then the amounts that would be available to spend on players from other sources are not as big as he makes out
For clarification OSB, I've done the numbers for the last three seasons and player budget comes out around 40%.
What percentage of turnover are direct costs relating to that area?
I suspect in the next accounts it will become evident that this year's was lower than 40%.
I'm also fairly confident that over these last three seasons the budget has reduced on rising turnover?
He fails to mention we play pretty much rent free when our limited matchday income is included.
As others have said the club and fans are required to cover for his lamentable leadership of six years.
Utter failure.
His simple resignation on a point of honour would probably add half a million at least to the coffers.

clint van damme

surely the fact that we don't have other income streams means that we need to get back sides on seats more than any other club.
Our biggest available revenue stream is the 20,000 unsold seats, yet you've managed to make sure we are going to sell even less than predicted.

We should have the most innovative, appealing ST pricing system in British football. The bods that run our club should have used the time they have not worrying about F@B and conferencing facilities to come up with a marketing campaign that ensured ST sales exceeded expectations, instead we get yesterdays announcement.

If this is your work tim resign because you're fucking useless, if it's been foist upon you by sisu resign because you'll forever be the public face and of their incompetence, in short, resign.

Users who are viewing this thread