Fisher Yesterday (1 Viewer)

The Lurker

whoever gave him his seat ticket must have been laughing to himself. right next to us. hwas getting abuse throughout the game. the man is very thick skinned. although he might have appointed a good manager in slade. the passion the man shows is brilliant

trevelfarandwide

Hahaha, the rotten bastard deserved every second of it. Squirm, Timmy, squirm...

Slade is/was a purely 'propaganda' appointment; someone who can steer the ship on-field as a distraction, while behind the scenes, the vampires stick their teeth in repeatedly.

Best of luck to Slade, he seems like a salt of the earth man who knows his football at this level, but as for Timmy...well, he can vanish up his own ringpiece for all I care.

Astute

Slade has been appointed because he is a good manager at this level. Some talk as though SISU just want our club to crash and burn. They will want to sell at some stage. So the higher up we are the more money they will get for us.

We are Division 3 now. No ground of our own. No value to our club. SISU won't be going anywhere unless someone wants a cheap club with a lot of potential. But will SISU let us go cheaply? I think not.

Our last manager was TM. A bigger name for Division 3. It seems not the man to get promotion on a low budget though. His replacement has been Slade. Another bigger name for Division 3. But this time someone used to how this level works and working to a lower budget.

So would someone like to explain to me on how their thoughts have got to wanting us to keep getting relegated when they could have taken a cheaper manager option?

Yes they are shite at running a football club. But although our budget keeps getting cut there are good signs there. And we have constantly seen clubs with lower budgets than us doing better than us. So why won't things improve with a manager that knows what he is doing at this level?

Kingokings204

Slade has been appointed because he is a good manager at this level. Some talk as though SISU just want our club to crash and burn. They will want to sell at some stage. So the higher up we are the more money they will get for us.

We are Division 3 now. No ground of our own. No value to our club. SISU won't be going anywhere unless someone wants a cheap club with a lot of potential. But will SISU let us go cheaply? I think not.

Our last manager was TM. A bigger name for Division 3. It seems not the man to get promotion on a low budget though. His replacement has been Slade. Another bigger name for Division 3. But this time someone used to how this level works and working to a lower budget.

So would someone like to explain to me on how their thoughts have got to wanting us to keep getting relegated when they could have taken a cheaper manager option?

Yes they are shite at running a football club. But although our budget keeps getting cut there are good signs there. And we have constantly seen clubs with lower budgets than us doing better than us. So why won't things improve with a manager that knows what he is doing at this level?

Nail on the head.

Sisu don't want us relegated they want us to break even and be a well run cost effective club. It means they don't have to rush off if the club isn't losing money. Similarly championship football isn't likely either and with our current system relegation is always more likely than promotion which the hopenof just staying in league 1 the status quo.

Sisu will have to go at some point and I genuinely think they are just waiting for the right offer. No other reason makes sense. The football club is losing fans every year, the budget is cut every year the club is 50-50 for league 2. Ricoh deal ends in just over a year with no sign of talks. They need a way out. They are hiring to stay in this league which is encouraging but next season I think it's safe to say less people will turn up again even if it's league 1.

Sisu would like to get out but unless someone with stupid money or someone has no sense buys us we are stuck and it may last several more years.

mrtrench

SISU would love it if we were promoted, it's just not number 1 priority.

Priority 1: Win a court case and get back all the money they lent the club and more.
2: If any other weasel scheme becomes available grab it with both hands and care not a jot for those that would lose something.
3: Don't lose any more money - if possible make a profit.

stupot07

ff3958e6d2c2efbd08e98cf2d2208e72.gif

Completely agree, this whole new conspiracy theory that they want us to get relegated is not only wrong its bonkers. Slade has been appointed because he is a good D3 manager who is used to working on a budget and get results whilst doing so!

Things will improve under Slade.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

ff3958e6d2c2efbd08e98cf2d2208e72.gif

Completely agree, this whole new conspiracy theory that they want us to get relegated is not only wrong its bonkers. Slade has been appointed because he is a good D3 manager who is used to working on a budget and get results whilst doing so!

Things will improve under Slade.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I fucking hope so.
The same was said about TM when he came here.

Otis

Things will only improve under Slade if he is allowed to bring in the players he needs.

Okay, so things sound promising at the moment, but let's see who is leaving the club first before we think it is all going to be moving forwards.

dongonzalos

Slade was a good appointment.
I think Tim Fisher's job is to keep us in the football league as high up as possible. Second only to it not costing SISU a penny.
What I would like to know is why?
What is the reason for that what do they hope is going to happen?

KG7

Sisu's plan as I see it is to build the squad out of freebies whilst selling the cream to 'reclaim their losses'. I think this has been the plan since we entered league one but they've made bad choices so far. As far as I'm concerned Russell Slade is the only appointment they've made that's befits our position and matches their ambitions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

Slade was a good appointment.
I think Tim Fisher's job is to keep us in the football league as high up as possible. Second only to it not costing SISU a penny.
What I would like to know is why?
What is the reason for that what do they hope is going to happen?

They'll be looking to sell the club on, obviously. However it has been made a lot harder by the fact that we have no prospect of ever owning our own stadium.

Astute

Sisu's plan as I see it is to build the squad out of freebies whilst selling the cream to 'reclaim their losses'.

Sounds like the plan of just about every football club outside the Prem.

dongonzalos

They'll be looking to sell the club on, obviously. However it has been made a lot harder by the fact that we have no prospect of ever owning our own stadium.

So why do they keep repeating that the club is not for sale.
We have the same scenario that Villa had and Sunderland now have.
Where their owner says I will not put in a penny as the club is up for sale.
Ours says we will not put in a penny and the club is not for sale.
I hope you are right but why not say it us for sale if that is the case.

st john

Didn't Fisher say recently something like Every club is for sale?

robbiekeane

Amen

Cov kid 55

Didn't Fisher also say that selling would result in the 50/60 whatever million they have put into the club would have to be crystallised? And that's not going to happen - I think they're here for the foreseeable.

Captain Dart

Didn't Fisher also say that selling would result in the 50/60 whatever million they have put into the club would have to be crystallised? And that's not going to happen - I think they're here for the foreseeable.
You are giving the book numbers far too much weight, most of that money has already been written off. The investors know its history, they're not that dumb or out of touch.

Astute

He has stated that they will not sell at the bottom. So to me that means that yes our club is for sale. But the price would be too low in Division 3. Realistically we will need to be minimum top half of the Championship. Won't be easy doing it without making a loss. But if we get behind the team, have a decent manager and a bit of luck on our side it can be done.

Irish Sky Blue

He has stated that they will not sell at the bottom. So to me that means that yes our club is for sale. But the price would be too low in Division 3. Realistically we will need to be minimum top half of the Championship. Won't be easy doing it without making a loss. But if we get behind the team, have a decent manager and a bit of luck on our side it can be done.

I can't see us getting anywhere near that with the current plan. We are more likely to head in the other direction. Surely they can see this too?

Astute

I can't see us getting anywhere near that with the current plan. We are more likely to head in the other direction. Surely they can see this too?
Do you mean with making Slade manager?

chiefdave

Yep said every club in league one us for sale then later said our club is not for sale!
I don't know why people find this concept so hard to understand. Think of it in terms of selling your house. You might not have your house on the market, therefore it is 'not for sale' but if someone knocked on the door and made you an offer you'd consider it and if their offer was acceptable to you you'd sell.

While SISU aren't putting anything into the club there is no incentive for them to sell unless someone comes along and makes them an offer that allows them to walk away relatively unscathed.

Otis

Well Slade is a step in the right direction, but we have to now get the squad competitive.

Good day today, but tomorrow could be a bad day. Let's see who else is leaving and who else is to come in.

That should give us some idea of how much our owners want us to stay in this division.

Irish Sky Blue

Do you mean with making Slade manager?
No, I'm sure that Slade will be a decent manager. Not to do with him. Just the impossible task that every manager has here. With the current continual spiral of falling revenue so falling budget. I would think it will get even harder to produce a successful team. From Fisher's comments the other day it seems his only hope for a better outcome on the pitch is that somehow Slade can buck the trend. The fact that he couldn't do the business today without having to trade Sordell and the rumours (probably true) about Willis to Bristol and Stevenson to Brentford we continue to lose any players who show promise. If we are dependent on promotion for us to be rid of Sisu I think it is bad news.

Users who are viewing this thread