Fisher's thinking (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

My intuition tells me we will stay long term at the Ricoh. Forget the bull shit, the smokescreen, the willingness to mediate because in my opinion it's a ploy to remain at the Ricoh. It's the most sensible and affordable solution. Wasps will cave in because they need CCFC more than CCFC needs them. What do others think ?

I think if we are still suing People come the summer we will be out.

Esoterica

My intuition tells me we will stay long term at the Ricoh. Forget the bull shit, the smokescreen, the willingness to mediate because in my opinion it's a ploy to remain at the Ricoh. It's the most sensible and affordable solution. Wasps will cave in because they need CCFC more than CCFC needs them. What do others think ?
What makes you think Wasps need CCFC more? For our 100k rent plus a few mars bars vs a stadium to actually play in?!

Astute

I agree with most of what you are saying. But it isn't CCFC Wasps need. It is as much money they can make from us. How much does it cost them to try and have a playable pitch for the extra use and how much rent do we pay? They need more. And I can't see SISU wanting to pay more.

To me the dropping of legals is to take us as close to the end of the current contract as they can to make us desperate to make a deal. Call it blackmail or whatever you like. But from past experiences with SISU I don't think it will work. If that is the case what is next? Fisher has said what he wants and now expects everyone else to mediate.

They are all playing poker with the future of our club and none of them have the winning hand.

Esoterica

I think way too much is read into this stuff. In my opinion, their plan is nothing more than:
  • Try and bluff Wasps that BPA is a long term possibility to drive a favourable short term rolling rent deal at the Ricoh.
  • Push the JRs for as long as possible and if Wasps play hard ball over the legals/rent, be prepared to move to BPA while they conclude.
  • Find somewhere cheap to rent for the 1st team to train plus house the academy and make as much money out of Ryton as possible, even it if ultimately means losing the cat 2 status.
  • As long as we're not haemorrhaging cash, keep it all trundling along til Ryton and the JRs are done, as close to break even as possible.
  • After that try and sell the club for whatever they can get, or liquidate, or even continue the trundle if true break even has been achieved and they still don't fancy crystallising the losses.

Captain Dart

Wasps want longer term deal to get agreement on a new sponsor. SISU want 1 year rolling deal or a cut of the sponsorship.
Have SISU got any realistic options, we have to wait till July next year when the club must notify the EFL where they are playing in 2018-19.
Many tears will flow before this is resolved.

Astute

I think way too much is read into this stuff. In my opinion, their plan is nothing more than:
  • Try and bluff Wasps that BPA is a long term possibility to drive a favourable short term rolling rent deal at the Ricoh.
  • Push the JRs for as long as possible and if Wasps play hard ball over the legals/rent, be prepared to move to BPA while they conclude.
  • Find somewhere cheap to rent for the 1st team to train plus house the academy and make as much money out of Ryton as possible, even it if ultimately means losing the cat 2 status.
  • As long as we're not haemorrhaging cash, keep it all trundling along til Ryton and the JRs are done, as close to break even as possible.
  • After that try and sell the club for whatever they can get, or liquidate, or even continue the trundle if true break even has been achieved and they still don't fancy crystallising the losses.
I agree with most of this. But not the liquidation unless done through spite. It would cost them money to do it and they owe the money to themselves. Whereas selling would give them money. How much depends on the deal done.

Astute

Wasps want longer term deal to get agreement on a new sponsor. SISU want 1 year rolling deal or a cut of the sponsorship.
Have SISU got any realistic options, we have to wait till July next year when the club must notify the EFL where they are playing in 2018-19.
Many tears will flow before this is resolved.
I only think that Wasps are interested in a deal with a vastly increased rent. They are the ones holding off any talks. And I wouldn't be surprised if they are hoping to be able to show that if no deal is done that it isn't their fault. They know that there are plenty of people who would blame SISU whatever happens.

Esoterica

I agree with most of this. But not the liquidation unless done through spite. It would cost them money to do it and they owe the money to themselves. Whereas selling would give them money. How much depends on the deal done.
My assumption was that no-one would touch the club with the SISU debt loaded against it so their choice would be to write off the debt and sell the CCFC brand (by now just a name, with all assets stripped) for whatever that's worth. But if they can't sell it, and we're not at true break even, then liquidation could be cheaper than keep running at a loss.

Astute

My assumption was that no-one would touch the club with the SISU debt loaded against it so their choice would be to write off the debt and sell the CCFC brand (by now just a name, with all assets stripped) for whatever that's worth. But if they can't sell it, and we're not at true break even, then liquidation could be cheaper than keep running at a loss.
There is always someone willing to take on a football club. The big question would be asking price and how much debt they left with our club. But I don't think they are ready to sell yet. Might even be as long as until we are a championship side again. The best chance they have of getting something for us. And that is why Robins has been brought back.

NorthernWisdom

It can also be better for them overall, in the long term.

Speedies_Chips

Apart from the fact that the Allianz arena is away from the center of town and shared by two competing clubs. TF knows the directors of 1860 and likes the stadium. It can work with a major stadium sponsor.

The Allianz Arena is just outside the Coventry boundary isn't it?

Captain Dart

Selling a promoted club in 2 years after the play-offs and 2 slightly profitable seasons is clearly better than selling one which just got relegated.
What happens if the club is stuck in D4, more protests I suppose.

dadgad

[QUOTE="Captain Dart, post: 1303208, member: 6751"}
What happens if the club is stuck in D4, more protests I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Mustn't protest it doesn't do any good. Being naughty is bad. Much better to be dutifully submissive, take it up the arse, lying down.

Astute

Selling a promoted club in 2 years after the play-offs and 2 slightly profitable seasons is clearly better than selling one which just got relegated.
What happens if the club is stuck in D4, more protests I suppose.
We have more protests against protesters than anything else.

clint van damme

not sure about the wasps need CCFC more than CCFC need wasps but I do think they would prefer us to be at the Ricoh and as much as I don't like then being here I think realistically the best way forward would be to cut a deal with them.
As they're not performing as well as expected financially I'm sure there is a deal to be made which could benefit both parties but I don't think the will to do so is there from sisu.
Ideally I would like sport in this city to be wasps and hedge fund free but I think it's time to be realistic. I really find it too hard to call exactly how this pissing contest between all parties will end up.

Users who are viewing this thread