"fit and proper persons test" can the league help us. (1 Viewer)

Senior Vick from Alicante

Their is now more and more concern being voiced, including the excellent Malcolm Boyden interview yesterday, about wether SISU are showing good governance in their running of our club. My point is that under the football league rules any body owning more than 30% of the club is subject to a fit and proper persons test?

Has any one at the club been subject to this or is this down to the fact they keep coming up with the usual BS about no one person owning more than 10% of shares. Their is also a clause that says any one who has been involved in running a club into administration can be barred from having ownership or interest in another football leauge club, a bit like being unable to hold a directorship. Surely this would have a direct impact on Orange Kens involvement with the club as he has definately one of the men guilty of the Southampton debacle.

Surely what is happening at our club is going to be directly in contravention of at least some if not most of the the league rules. If this is the case does any one know of any way we can get the league involved to put pressure on these vultures. Surely if you are asset stripping the business side of the club and diverting funds to share holders and investors this can not be right?

I will not be their on Saturday as I work weekends but my young sons and their grandfather will be proudly wearing their SISU OUT T shirts. Their is real concern out their now especially if the likes of CWR and the Telegraph are starting to ask certain questions. As loyal fans we must get behind some of this momentum that is being started and not just rely on the likes of BRINNER and the minority to voice our growing concerns. The only way we will get these rats out of the nest is to shout loud until someone starts to here.

City till we die:blue:

chiefdave

think this is why SISU have it split into 4 (I think, sure someone can correct me) investment funds. That means even if SISU own the club 100% none of the actual funds need have more than 30% to trigger a fit and proper persons test. Seems like a loophole that the league are slow to close and I think this is what Damien Collins is pushing for action on.

It does appear that by not having any fund hit the 30% SISU can get away with basically giving no details on ownership to the league and therefore the league have no way to know if there's anyone involved who shouldn't be.

While saints fans lay a lot of blame at Kens door I believe that technically he was no longer connected to them when they went into admin, he is however thought by a lot of fans to be in a very large part responsible.

skyblueinBaku

The Football League don't seem too keen on investigating, Vic. As you said, they have accepted withot question SISU's assurances that no one investor owns more than 10% of the club. I don't think they want to open this particular can of worms. Pushing them into any sort of investigation will be very difficult.

kg82

To be honest, what did it do for Pompey? They had something like 4 different owners in a season, all of which had to take that "test" and all of which were full of crap but still managed to pass it. That was in the Premiership too and we all know the football league aren't anywhere near as stringent.

I'd love for football to be completely honest. Unfortunately I think that whatever rules they bring in, or if they change the rules in place now, there will always be some smartarse corrupt corporation/individual that will find loopholes to their advantage.

chiefdave

To be honest, what did it do for Pompey? They had something like 4 different owners in a season, all of which had to take that "test" and all of which were full of crap but still managed to pass it. That was in the Premiership too and we all know the football league aren't anywhere near as stringent.

I'd love for football to be completely honest. Unfortunately I think that whatever rules they bring in, or if they change the rules in place now, there will always be some smartarse corrupt corporation/individual that will find loopholes to their advantage.

biggest difference is that Pompey knew who they owner was and who to protest against. Fair enought those in charge did nothing but we don't even know who owns our club!

ccfc2011

Sisu have been one of the worst things to happen to our club.

cloughie

While saints fans lay a lot of blame at Kens door I believe that technically he was no longer connected to them when they went into admin, he is however thought by a lot of fans to be in a very large part responsible.

Technically correct, fact is he jumped out just before he drove them off the edge of the cliff

skybluebeduff

Everything "SISU and the Business side of Coventry" to me and I'm sure a lot of others is just a shrug of the shoulder with a question mark? I haven't a clue about none of it. I wish someone could scale it down to a book like "the cat sat on the mat" type of text because all this leaves nothing in my mind after I've read it apart from GRRR.

Users who are viewing this thread