Fitness (1 Viewer)

Sky Blues

I was wondering how big a loss our fitness coach will be. When Darren Robinson was here our injury record was good and we proved ourselves capable of winning games at the death,which we hadn't been able to do for a long, long time. I'm guessing the the club will appoint a manager before filling the back room staff positions so we might be without a fitness guru for a while or is there someone who can fill in?

Also, I'm no expert but I'd guess Robinson had fitness plans for each player to follow and I presume they can keep following them. But how often would they need updating etc? Could we limp through to the end of the season on those?

I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge in this area or thoughts on how it might affect the squad.

Jackoskyblue

Well the fitness programmes would need updating for players who are behind on fitness eg injured at start of season, as the players fitness will improve the programme would need to increase in difficulty to keep them improving. However I would imagine most players at this stage of the season would be at peak (at least should be) so for majority of players they could get through on these programmes. But their motivation to keep sticking at the programme is a factors depends how much influence Robinson had on the players

Sky Blues

Thanks Jacko. You have to assume Carsley will be on at them to keep it up. I think the players (particularly those that have been here a while) will be feeling the benefit and will be keen to keep at it themselves. But if there is no one there to monitor them in the same way I guess it might allow some sly backsliding if any of the players were feeling lazy.

Jackoskyblue

Thanks Jacko. You have to assume Carsley will be on at them to keep it up. I think the players (particularly those that have been here a while) will be feeling the benefit and will be keen to keep at it themselves. But if there is no one there to monitor them in the same way I guess it might allow some sly backsliding if any of the players were feeling lazy.

Well obviously carsley won't be clueless when it comes to fitness so I would imagine he could keep them going, but I would agree about the backsliding if their not being monitored properly but I would hope they would be professional enough to carry on the good work. Think it highlights the need to have a proper back room fitness team sports scientists, strength and conditioning coaches etc as I'm not sure we have these positions at the club at the moment ?

Sky Blues

Well obviously carsley won't be clueless when it comes to fitness so I would imagine he could keep them going, but I would agree about the backsliding if their not being monitored properly but I would hope they would be professional enough to carry on the good work. Think it highlights the need to have a proper back room fitness team sports scientists, strength and conditioning coaches etc as I'm not sure we have these positions at the club at the moment ?

I don't know either. I was hoping there might be someone on here who knows more that could enlighten us. I think fitness work / conditioning etc should be a basic part of the game, even in the lower leagues.

psgm1

Banned
Well Carsley was manager of the U18's so has experience of having to make players stronger. And TBH fitness is the easiest of all jobs! Its not rocket science, it just takes effort and will. Any professional footballer should have no problems getting and keeping fit. If they do have a problem, they could always hire a personal trainer. To his credit Carl Baker did just that!

covcity4life

if were gonna lose a fitness coach may now is best time for it...games come thick and fast and hopefully they can maintain it till end of season

we MUST replace him at some point thogh

J

Jack Griffin

At least LC has seen what MT & his staff do. I hope he was taking notes :p

Sky Blues

Well Carsley was manager of the U18's so has experience of having to make players stronger. And TBH fitness is the easiest of all jobs! Its not rocket science, it just takes effort and will. Any professional footballer should have no problems getting and keeping fit. If they do have a problem, they could always hire a personal trainer. To his credit Carl Baker did just that!

It's not rocket science... But it is sports science; Biomechanics, nutrition etc. Yes they should be fit, but I'd hope they are looking to be fitter than their rivals. :)

Users who are viewing this thread