'Flashmob' event London W1U 8FL - 18.7.13 4pm (1 Viewer)

MichaelCCFC

Press Release with details for London W1U 8FL tomorrow 18.7.13 is below - spread the word!

‘Real Football, Real Fans – EMPTY WORDS!’ is the message being delivered to Football League Chairman Greg Clarke at 4pm tomorrow, Thursday 18 July, at the Football League offices in London W1U 8FL, by fans angry at Clarke for rubber stamping the decision to move Coventry City FC to Northampton. The relocation was proposed to the Football League by the secretive Sisu family of hedgefund companies and its mysterious owner Joy Seppala, who have been running CCFC.

The ‘flashmob’ event is being organised by the ‘Keep Cov in Cov: Support the Badge, not sisu’ campaign group. Michael Orton, the campaign co-ordinator, explained: “Coventry City FC was founded in Coventry 130 years ago and Coventry has always been our home. A hedgefund has decided to rip CCFC out of its home City and community, ripping up our heritage and identity, and sounding the death knell for the Club – and the Football League just says ‘yes’!”.

The Football League’s strapline is ‘Real Football, Real Fans’ but many football fans are now questioning whose interests the Football League represents. If Coventry City can be relocated so ‘home’ games involve a 70 mile trip what will it take for the Football League ever to say ‘no’ to an owner? As Mr Orton said: “There is a lot of controversy already about the Football League’s ‘fit and proper’ test for owners but the kind of decision it has made regarding CCFC is leading many people to question the operation of the Football League itself and whether it needs to
be subject to Government regulation”.

Coventry fans stress that the protest will be peaceful and are appealing to supporters of other Clubs to join them. As Mr Orton put it: “at the moment it’s about Coventry but who will be next? This is about football Clubs being turned into franchises and that’s an issue that affects every supporter. So it would be great if fans of other teams join us 4pm Thursday 18 July 4pm at W1U 8FL”.
-----------------------------

Photographs, and to follow the ‘Keep Cov in Cov: Support the Badge not sisu’ campaign, see https://www.facebook.com/pages/Not-One-Penny-More/ http://keepcoventryincoventry-nopm.weebly.com/
@notonepennymore

Nick

Administrator
Is it a flash mob?

A flash mob (or flashmob) is a group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and seemingly pointless act for a brief time, then quickly disperse, often for the purposes of entertainment, satire, and artistic expression

Is somebody going to dance? :)

A flash mob is when a train station suddenly bursts into dance isn't it where it has been pre arranged?

Nick

Administrator
Michael, is it not possible to get somebody to wear the Joy Morph Suit? Then have them stand still and suddenly move? :)

Moston

Great idea and I wish you all well....

May I suggest a re-think on the terminology of 'Flash-mob' if you're going to publicise this other than on here?

Flas-mobs are very different things :-
A flash mob (or flashmob)[SUP][1][/SUP] is a group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and seemingly pointless act for a brief time, then quickly disperse, often for the purposes of entertainment, satire, and artistic expression.
It's the 'seemingly pointless' bit we should be avoiding - saw a flashmob at the Olympics doing a random dance routine and they were brilliant - they emerged from nowhere and disappeared into the crowd...all very pointless but impressive.

Perhaps 'demo' is the right term?

Whatever - well done for organising this.

Noggin

Sorry to sound so critical but 4pm on a weekday, in London and you post about it the afternoon before. Why?

KG7

It's not a flashmob and it's a bit embarrassing that it's being labelled as such. A flashmob would be a great idea though.

NTFC

I suggested this but it is the usual cack handed organisation. Far too short notice. Could have been good with proper organisation and involving the key supporters groups who would swell the numbers.

Nick

Administrator
I think that it's why it is labelled as a flash mob, by somebody who doesn't know what a flash mob is

ccfcway

A flash mob (or flashmob)[SUP][1][/SUP] is a group of people who perform an unusual and seemingly pointless act

Can SISU's decision to move to Northampton be classed as a "flash mob" ?

I hadnt looked it like that

Last edited:

charlievictor

The SBT is just as embarrassing as the current state of our club. Poor organisation, no realistic chance of making anything happen and now flashmobs.. I give up.

jesus-wept

I suggested this but it is the usual cack handed organisation. Far too short notice. Could have been good with proper organisation and involving the key supporters groups who would swell the numbers.
NTFC are you a Northampton fan ?

charlievictor

This is not a SBT event.

Which further increases my point, why do we have more than one campaign? SBT, Keep Cov in Cov, Not One Penny More.. We can keep creating these protest groups and organise flash mobs but sadly our problem lies much deeper in the actual game itself and the Football Leagues inability to protect clubs from our situation. Of course I'm not saying we sit back and watch it all unfold, the whole thing needs structure.

NTFC

I despair at the ineptitude of those organising your protests. Instead of organising a proper protest at the Football League and ensuring the likes of Spirit of Shankly, the FSF, Stand AMF etc attend you organise a "flashmob" which will be attended by a select few attention seekers and laughed at by everyone else. Your club is properly fooked if that is the best you can do. :facepalm:

Sky Blue Harry H

Which further increases my point, why do we have more than one campaign? SBT, Keep Cov in Cov, Not One Penny More.. We can keep creating these protest groups and organise flash mobs but sadly our problem lies much deeper in the actual game itself and the Football Leagues inability to protect clubs from our situation. Of course I'm not saying we sit back and watch it all unfold, the whole thing needs structure.

Agree mate, but the only thing we can really unite behind is a team on the pitch - and at some point, if SISU do dig in we're going to have to decide between stick or twist with the idea of some sort of Phoenix club - which is why, some will even accept CCFC going t*ts up. so that we can unite behind one team and not being torn between 2. That's what these shysters are putting us through (and why I, for one, will never trust or forgive them:blue:

Users who are viewing this thread