Fleck (1 Viewer)

suts

Thought he could have dampened his celebrations after scoring last night against his former team.

bradwellskyblues

sheff utd were very wound up last night as we would be if you are on the verge of automatic promotion,the guy on the tannoy nearly had a seizure he was so excited ,i think fleck got caught up in it all and it was a brilliant goal (not great defending) so fair play to them. Still think they are a bunch of twats though !!

Esoterica

Thought he could have dampened his celebrations after scoring last night against his former team.
Kiss the badge, don't celebrate against your former clubs, make that stupid heart sign or point at someone in the sky. Football is becoming so generic and boring - it's not like he flipped the bird or slagged us off in the paper. Would you have not celebrated if he scored an own goal?

CovBurty

he probably felt at home only 300 City fans why not celebrate. Not sure he would've done the same up the Ricoh. I'm not bothered, pleased he got away from our shit.

Terry Gibson's perm

All players should celebrate every goal they score against old teams or not, if players like Clarke didn't celebrate against his ex teams he would never celebrate as he has played for loads.

On Fleck I was glad to see him go he cheated us for years with a lack of effort and worse a lack of basic fitness which meant he never played ninety minutes.

Johnnythespider

Fat boy walked through our defence like they were not there
Lots of players have done that this season, not saying he isn't capable of moments of brilliance just a bit hit and miss for me, each to their own I guess.

CovBurty

It will be interesting to see how Fleck copes in championship. Better midfielders and his tendency to do the stupid tackling in his own defensive positions. If he loses a bit more weight of his fat arse !

Malaka

It will be interesting to see how Fleck copes in championship. Better midfielders and his tendency to do the stupid tackling in his own defensive positions. If he loses a bit more weight of his fat arse !
It will be interesting. I guy I know knew him from his Glasgow days. Fleck liked a drink and it impacted on his ability which was never in doubt. If he has managed to focus on his career and take care of himself, I think he will do well in the championship once he has adapted to the pace and level. I think that he was under appreciated here which can have an effect. Also, he may have struggled here because of the way he was managed or coached.
I wish him all the best, he was lovely to my boy when he was a mascot and I respect him for that.

CJ_covblaze

I've got no problem with him at all. It's not like he did it right in front of our fans. Jay Bothroyd for example made the effort to jump over the advertising hoardings and then get in the faces of the City fans in the North Stand a few years ago.

harvey098

If we had put good players around him, he would've taken us up. Sheff U fans say he runs the show. I think we would've struggled even more without him in our team last few years, as proved by this year (both ours and Sheff U's positions)

Terry Gibson's perm

Fleck going in itself wasn't a problem, the problem was that his replacement (Gadzhev, somebody with a track record before coming to us) has been a spectacular disappointment.

We have hardly played Gadzhev he must be a hopeless trainer as he never gets a chance in the side.

CCFC88

If we had put good players around him, he would've taken us up. Sheff U fans say he runs the show. I think we would've struggled even more without him in our team last few years, as proved by this year (both ours and Sheff U's positions)
Players like Armstrong, Murphy, Maddison and Kent who have all gone on to play at a higher level than him this season?

Very good player at this level, no qualms about that, but his lack of leadership, effort and drive after xmas last season was clear to see and a major part in last seasons collapse for me, as club captain and an experienced player he should have dragged that team up

CovBurty

It will be interesting. I guy I know knew him from his Glasgow days. Fleck liked a drink and it impacted on his ability which was never in doubt. If he has managed to focus on his career and take care of himself, I think he will do well in the championship once he has adapted to the pace and level. I think that he was under appreciated here which can have an effect. Also, he may have struggled here because of the way he was managed or coached.
I wish him all the best, he was lovely to my boy when he was a mascot and I respect him for that.
No doubt he needs that step up. Wish him well, he made things tick for us. But he needs to tone up.

CovisGod

This is one of the things wrong with Football for me. Fleck was with us for a year or two, he was just a player, not a club legend, we won't be seeing him in years to come turning up at Legends day.

We were a stepping stone in his career, a paycheck until he could move on to bigger and better things.

Of course he should celebrate against us, it shouldn't matter which club you've previously played for l, if you score, you celebrate. You look after the club and fans currently paying your wages. Football is so fickle.

CovBurty

did he ever kiss his badge for us?
did we win anything for him to kiss his badge. look at Bigi. if he played half as good as he did last week we may not be going into division 4. Bigi had something to kiss his badge for. we gave him a job when no one else wanted him. Fleck - would still be with us if Sisu/Fisher give Mowbray more money to spend in January to improve fading squad. we got Rampage and Henderson. so Fleck left because he could see City badge was not worth it. sheff Utd going up. he made the right choice. he was good for us. he's got better we've got worse

Users who are viewing this thread